67

It turned out the place where Amber wanted to go was her grandfather's old farm house just at the outskirts of the city.

We had climbed up to the rooftop.

Amber was lying in my arms. Her arms around me, the blanket of stars covering us; this was all I could ever ask for.

Amber was quiet, looking at the stars. Too quiet.

I caressed her cheek.

"Amber."

She hummed in response.

"What's wrong, Amber?"

Silence.

She didn't reply. And then, she turned her head to look at me. Her eyes held so much pain and I could feel the needles prickling at my heart, killing me slowly but painfully.

"I love you, Jimin. You know that right?"

Hearing those three beautiful words come out of Amber's mouth always made me feel full and happy and at peace knowing that it was me who Amber had fallen in love with. It was me who was blessed enough to have Amber as her lover.

"I love you more, Amber."

"Jimin. I... I am... I have this list of things I want to do, places I want to see and memories I want to make with my lover, which is you."

My heart felt like it'd jump out of its cage. Amber could make my heart go wild and she was the only one who could tame it.

"Your lover, huh?"

She smiled, her face ruddy due to cold wind nipping on her beautiful face or due to my words. Maybe both.

"Yes."

"We have all the time in the world."

I looked into her eyes and like always, I was in trance.

She looked away and sat up straight. I missed her arms around me already.

"No, we don't..."

She whispered.

My brows furrowed.

"I mean that I want to tick off that list as soon as possible. With you."

"What's the hurry?"

"Jimin. It's... I think it's the time in my life when I'm young and so are you and I want to spend my youth running after my dreams and catching them with you."

Her words always blew me away. The passion and deep meanings behind her words always made me fall more and more in love with her.

I was quiet for sometime, just looking at her, noticing how her skin glowed under the moonlight. She looked at me with anticipation.

"You know you're a poet."

She blushed.

"Shut up, Jimin."

"A poet that I've deeply fallen in love with."

And all it took was the smile on her face to assure my wildly beating heart that she felt the same.