58

It turned out that Irene had to go through chemotherapy and she was kicked out of her house before she found out that she had cancer. And now she didn't have anyone to support her.How fucked up it all was!

Irene and I, we weren't on talking terms after she cheated on me. I was still angry about that. But I pitied the poor girl. At such a hard time, she didn't have her family. How more fucked up could her life get than this?

I had decided that no matter how bad things were between us, I had to help her and be there for her in these times.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" I asked Amber for umpteenth time.

She let out a sigh and looked up from the novel she was reading.

"Yes babe. I don't care if she cheated on you. Neither am I scared that she'll steal you from me. But she needs you right now. She doesn't have her family. She has no one. No one. Do you know how bad that feels? I do. I do know how it feels. I still remember how my mother...used to abuse me and how I spent nights lying on the cold ground, my body bruised up. It feels like you're not worth the fucking life. And it is the worst ever feeling. So please. Please be there for her."

Amber was crying now and it hurt my heart to know that she had spent nights, all bruised up, thinking that she wasn't worth living. It made me want to kill someone.

I jumped up from the bed and walked towards the seat Amber was sitting at, bending down and wiping tears from her face. I kissed her forehead and then rested my forehead upon hers.

"Babe. You're not alone anymore. I'm here for you. And always will be. And you are worth all the best things in the world. You're my heaven on earth, so don't ever, ever, think that you're not worth it."

And I love you.

. . .

I wasn't ready for this. Were you? A lot coming up soon. Isn't Amber such a sweet soul. Protect her.
This vulnerable Jimber moment killed me. I am in pain. Strong power thank you.
P.s. Don't hate on Irene. I know what she did was fucked up. But she doesn't deserve these death wishes. Not even as jokes. So please stop this.