96

Tears flowed freely down my face upon seeing how fragile and how innocent she looked. And how many machines were next to her, keeping her alive, making her breathe.

I had absolutely no courage to walk further and sit next to her nor did I have the heart to look at her and not break down.

But something called love urged me to move forward no matter how heavy my feet felt, no matter how much pain I felt.

Sitting quietly in the seat next to her bed, I just looked at her face. Taking her cold hand in mine, I kissed her knuckles and a tear fell on her hand.

Even if I tried to describe what I felt at that moment, it'd have been the most difficult - if not impossible - thing in the world. When Amber had left me months back, I thought that was what pain felt like.

But this pain made me realise that that pain was nothing compared to what I felt right now.

I felt like dying.

"They s-said you... They said you're brain d-dead. That these machines are keeping you alive. And I laughed at their words. I didn't believe them. I don't want to believe them. I... I didn't know we'd meet like this, Amber. I'd never have asked you to come back."

And the silence in the room was shattered by the sound of my sobs.