Chapter 2

혜란 (HyeRan)

I jerked up suddenly, waking myself up in the process. I blinked my eyes a few times and looked around at my surroundings. I am still in the train since an hour ago, there is only another hour before I alight at Dong-Daegu station where I am going to stay for the next 1 year.

I better go get something to eat or the next time that I would get to eat is at night. I wouldn't want to starve myself until then, it's horrible. I am not like those girls who starve themselves to become even more beautiful. They are already beautiful in the first place, why bother further ruining their bodies?

I made my way to the snack bar to get some snacks. There was a lot of food, tteokbokki, hotteok, fried food. You name it, it is all there.

"Just choose whatever you want and pay through here." The ahjumma told me. I looked around and grabbed the snacks that I wanted. There was my favorite food, cheese tteokbokki but there is only one left. Apparently it is the most popular food in this snack bar. It has only 4 left when I came.

I reached for it but someone else is even faster, he took the last one and left leaving me grabbing the air instead.

"I'll pay for this and a hot chocolate please..." I told the ahjumma and ran after the guy that took away the last tteokbokki.

"Excuse me!" I said and the person turned around.

"Yes?" He asked in a very deep and charming voice

"Yes?" He asked in a very deep and charming voice. It is the first one that I heard and liked such a charming voice. Normally I would get turned off by husky voices but he is different. I wonder why.

"Emm... I may be rude but can I have the last cheese tteokbokki that you have?" I spoke each word carefully worrying that he might reject me.

"Cheese tteokbokki? You like it?" I nodded eagerly.

"I wanted it but it is the last one. Never mind if you really want it, I mean it is yours in the first place. Why would I--" I said holding the nape of my neck and he gave it to me just like that.

"Why? You... Why?"

"You like it right? So just eat it, I can take another one later. The cheese tteokbokki restocks in every 15 minutes so you can take it first." He said with a charming smile and left in the most coolest way possible. What was that?

And I wasn't even listening to him ever since he handed me the cheese tteokbokki. I was admiring his good looks all the time, how could someone so handsome even exist, someone tell me...

"Ahgasshi, may I know if you still wanted your snacks and your hot chocolate?"

"Right, the snacks..." I reminded myself and went back to the snack bar with a slightly redden face.

---------
태호 (TaeHo)

I walked to our seat with empty hands and sat down next to him. "Where's my cheese tteokbokki? Did it sold out?" He asked sounding a little grumpy.

"I gave the last one to a pretty girl, she seems to be a seoulite." I said remembering her features. Her features are soft but appealing. A one of a kind.

"Aishh, I should've gone myself." He said crossing his arms.

"So that you would see that girl?" I tried teasing him a little to test his reaction.

"No, so that I would get my food. It's a waste of time asking someone that would never bring my food back."

"Hyung, I already said that I am sorry. Use my money to buy later." I said taking money from my wallet and he stopped me instantly.

"You're not the one eating, why should you pay?"

"As expected, you are the best." I gave a thumbs up and he just stared at me with his usual straight face. No wonder he is called Blank Tae by his classmates because he has a lack of expressions.

"Hyung, I kind of know who that girl is already." He looks like he is interested but still maintaining that poker face. "Song Hye-Ran, Seoul's most beautiful girl. She is the same age as us."

"Then good luck to making her your girlfriend. I better go now or the cheese tteokbokki is going to run out again because of a certain someone that looks like me." The last few words were targeted towards me. Who told me to give the tteokbokki to the most beautiful girl in Seoul?

----------
태형 (TaeHyung)

Why would I waste my time telling someone who is a flirt to buy food for me? I have made the wrong decision.
I made my way to the snack bar and as what I expected, there is a lot of people at the snack bar. The cheese tteokbokki is also running out fast.

When it is my turn, my hand reached for the cheese tteokbokki but someone else is even faster than me. She took it and paid for it before I could even open my mouth.

"Hey... That cheese tteokbokki..." I said my hand pointing towards the cheese tteokbokki that the girl was holding.

"Young man, just buy something else. It is all sold out. You should've come earlier to get it. You do know that the cheese tteokbokki is the best selling item in the entire snack bar." She said laughing. This can't do, I can't let my cheese tteokbokki get snatched twice. I have to eat it or else...

I pulled the collar of the girl's collar making her get pulled back. "Why? What are you going to do?" She asked turning around with the cheese tteokbokki still in her hands.

"Give me... That cheese tteokbokki, it's mine." I said pointing to the cheese tteokbokki.

"Didn't you get yours already? I know that I have already snatched it from you once but this time it is bought with my money, I am not giving it to you no matter what."

She must be the girl that TaeHo was saying about, Seoul's most beautiful girl Song Hye-Ran. She doesn't look that beautiful to me to be honest, she is just like a photoshopped version of the girls in my school.

"Since I have already gave it to you, it would be mine the next time." I said taking the cheese tteokbokki by force.

"Hey! You're very selfish, can't you come earlier so that you would get one too?"

"If you want more cheese tteokbokki, Daegu has a lot of them. Why snatch it from me?" She said trying to get it from me but she is too short. Good thing that I am tall.

"Because it is mine from the start and you snatched it from me."

"But you willingly gave it to me saying that it is okay? Where's the kind one from just earlier? You are perhaps the psycho Hyde and Jekyll?"

"What if I am? Just go to one of the restaurants near ChunKook high school and tell them that Kim TaeHo had paid for your tteokbokki. That would solve the problem."

"Yea, you're kind of right. I accept your offer."

"And don't come in contact with me ever again." I warned her.

"Okay, fine..." I walked back feeling satisfied that TaeHo would have to pay without him even knowing and I don't need to pay. Best feeling ever.