Chapter 30

태형

I continued to gulp down my saliva as I watched HyeRan's reflection from the mirror in the lift as we took the lift from the ground floor to the floor where our rooms are at. I had wanted all of us to room separately, HyeRan with HaeNa noona, me and TaeHo but by luck, I lost the game of scissors, paper, and stone during dinner. HyeRan had complained about how much she didn't to share a room with me and I, too wished that Noona would shut her mouth up and this wouldn't even happen.

So Hyeran and Noona decided to play scissors, paper, and stone after a long time of debating to decide if we are going to share a room or not. Turns out that she lost and we have to share a room. For real. I was not expecting that at all and it is all Song HyeRan's fault.

Why did she even play against my sister? No one can win against her with scissors, paper, and stone. Not even me or TaeHo. "Are you that thirsty??" She turned around to face me.

Oh no, she heard me. "No," I said quickly looking away from her or I will have indecent thoughts of her. I want to kiss her right now.

"Then why do you keep gulping?" She then asked, her arms crossing one another.

"That's because--" I liked you too much, I said in my thoughts.

The door opened at the right moment and I pushed her away to get out of the lift, she was blocking my way. I quickly walked into the room which we are assigned and went inside, she came a few seconds later.

"Are you that mad at me because I lost to my sister?" She slightly raised her voice at me. I am mad at me for not saying my feelings to you.

I ignored her and went to the balcony when I finally can get away from here after such a long time. I heaved a sigh of relief and enjoyed the scenery while HyeRan goes to shower, I even ordered an extra bed so that Hye-Ran can sleep on the bed alone. How I wished that I can tell her that I liked her. But she has a boyfriend, she's taken.

------------
혜란

I came out of the shower and TaeHyung is not in the room. For how long does he want to be on the balcony for? He is going to catch a cold any sooner. I walked to the balcony but he isn't there anymore.

Maybe he went somewhere else? He should've told me. I sat down on the empty bed and there was an extra bed lying next to it. 

Did he order one for himself? Cute. He must have felt so awkward sharing a room with his former classmate, his former neighbour. I shouldn't have lost to my sister. If I won, this wouldn't even happen. I would be with my sister while he is with his brother.

I heard the door open and I lay down on the bed immediately closing my eyes, pretending that I was asleep. It would be so awkward talking to him in such a situation.

Feelings would develop between the two of us if we did and I don't want that to happen. He has that special someone and I don't want to ruin their relationship. I just want to be his former seatmate and former neighbour and nothing more.

I heard his footsteps walking towards me and tapped me lightly on the shoulder, I tried not to react to that. "Wanna have some drinks together?" He said.

Drinks? I love drinks but I don't want to drink with you. "Then I will drink by myself. I even bought beer as well." He mumbled to myself but I knew that he is saying that to me.

Fine. It is not like my alcohol tolerance is not that low. Nothing much will happen. I got up and he is already drinking one can by himself.

"You're awake?" He asked and I nodded. I just couldn't tell him that I was pretending to be asleep.

I took one can and sat down next to him, drinking little by little. Soon after a few drinks, we were laughing together at some ridiculous things that were not even considered funny but we still laughed. You know drunk people.

Before I know it, I had already passed out and I woke up in his arms. We were fully clothed and had the blanket draped over our bodies. My head was on his chest and he was hugging me really tightly like a stuffed plushie, his legs were wrapped around my tiny body.

"Saja-nim, you're back..." He groaned. "I missed you so much."

[Saja is a lion in Korean and it is one of TaeHyung's toys where he threw it away in Chapter 4 and admitted to HyeRan's mother that he threw it away in chapter 15.]

Who is Saja-nim? His girlfriend's nickname? He caressed my hair and I slapped his face in return. He woke up groaning a little and scratched his head until he laid eyes on me who was staring back at him with a flustered expression. That eyes of his... It is so beautiful.

"Let go of me," I said, my cheeks heating up and my heart was beating like crazy like I'm in a marathon.

"Eo." He released and sat up on the bed, he was sleeping on the bed which he gave it to for me. "Sorry..."

"Since when were you in my bed?" I said standing really far away from him. He shrugged his shoulders and I did the same. I didn't know what happened after that as my whole world went black.

"How much did we even drink?" I said grabbing my head now, the dizziness has kicked in and it is starting to hurt a little. He looked over at the couch and there were 6 bottles of Soju. 3 bottles were at my maximum and I guess that TaeHyung is around the same as me. I shouldn't have drunk so much.

"I'm going to shower, we are going to meet the others for breakfast and we will leave for Daegu after that." He told me and went into the shower.

I sat down on the couch while waiting and I got this weird feeling inside of me. Is it really the right time to see her again? What should I say later? Why is it so easy for other people to communicate with their mothers and I am hesitating so much?