Chapter 38

태형

I waited for her to get changed and I have kept all my cameras and everything in the boot of my car. I have waited for this moment for the longest time ever, previously I have debated on whether I want to have a relationship with her or not and now I only have one chance to make her mine or it would be years later.

I don't want to waste another 5 years so I have to take action before she starts to fall for someone else and lose interest in me. About BoNa, she has texted me countlessly ever since HyeRan and I met her at the wedding. I know that I won't fall for her ever again but I don't know what would she do to Hyeran.

The car door opened on the other side of the car and HyeRan got on the seat next to me. She changed into the trenchcoat that she always wears and she was wearing heels, boots heels. "Where are we going to eat?" She asked as she tries to adjust the seatbelt and my hand swiftly went to the seatbelt and buckled it for her. My heart literally stopped as I got closer to her and at the same time, I took a sniff at her scent. It was womanly but not overwhelming at the same time.

"I don't know, you choose," I replied as I returned back to my posture and started the engine.

"What about the new restaurant at the shopping mall? I went there with YeongAe ssi." I can't bring her there that she went with someone else...

"Not there, let's go eat cheese tteokbokki instead, the one at my favourite food stall."

She rolled her eyes but still agreed to it. "You're going to eat cheese tteokbokki and I'm going to eat something else."

I drove out of the school and we arrived at the food stall a few minutes later, the food stall has always been opening for the past 10 years and HyeRan and I have visited the food stall very often that year so much that the ahjumma knew that it was us whenever we visited. "It is still opening after such a long time?" HyeRan asked as we walked to the food stall.

"Of course, she didn't want to lose such a loyal customer like me," I replied earning a scoff from her as she shakes her head.

"How can you still like cheese tteokbokki even as an adult?? It is such a childish habit of yours." I'm just loyal, I never give up on the things that I like, including you... I said nothing and we headed to the food stall where the ahjumma stood up as she sees both of us after quite a long time.

"Yah! It's been a long time since you guys visited!" She exclaimed and the two of us took our seats.

"Two portions of cheese tteokbokki, one portion of normal tteokbokki and
one portion of a sundae," I told my orders to the ahjumma who readily scooped the food that we ordered and handed it to us.

"Do you want any alcohol to go with it?" She asked and we nodded. The last time that we came here, we were still highschoolers and still can't hold our alcohol well but now I still we can drink 5 bottles without passing out.

"Two bottles of Soju please," Hye-Ran told her and two bottles arrived immediately.

"Can you even drink?" I asked her as she pours me a glass.

"I can but I just didn't show it, I still remembered the day that you knocked on the door of my apartment. You were cursing and begging me to open the door--"

I covered her mouth with my hand. "That certainly didn't happen, I didn't do that." Why does she have to remind me of that again??

5 years ago, I made the mistake of going out to drink after an impromptu family gathering session and knowing that HaeNa noona would be staying with me and TaeHo, I came back dead drunk and knocked on Hye-Ran's apartment instead of mine.

I would have just slept outside but HyeRan pulled me inside and gave me her bed to sleep in instead of ignoring me, we aren't even in friendly terms and she is already going all out for me. That is when I started falling for her. How I wished that I can tell her that in person...

"You... Did that!" She mumbled with her mouth covered.

The ahjumma came back to our table. "You guys are still a couple, how have things turn out for the two of you?"

Our faces turned red and I thought of what to say. The ahjumma here have always mistaken us as a couple whenever we come to visit, well we never told her that in the first place. I thought that we looked like normal friends at first sight.

"What are you guys working as right now?" She asked.

"I'm an interior designer and he is a professional photographer," HyeRan explained to the ahjumma who nodded eagerly.

"That's really good, then when are you guys planning to get married?"

HyeRan choked on a piece of rice cake and I poured a glass of Soju to help her to swallow better while patting her on the back. "Why? Is it too hard to swallow?" The ahjumma asked and I shook my head.

"The food that you cooked is wonderful and we aren't planning to get married just yet," I confessed.

"Why?"

"I haven't confessed to her yet." I smiled and she looked at me, confused over the whole thing and she was sending me those emergency hand signals that we need to get outta here as fast as possible.

I quickly finished our food and we got out of the place with the ahjumma cheering me on, I walked with my head down in shame now that my intention is out. I wanted to confess to her today but I didn't think that it would be at this place, the place that we are cheese tteokbokki together.

We arrived at one bridge at the end of the street and I kneel down to apologize to Hyeran. "Sorry that I told the ahjumma that we were dating and--"

"I liked you as well and I have been dying to confess to you."

I stood up and raised an eyebrow in confusion. Did she like me as well? Why does she like me? "What?"

"My answer is the same, you idiot." She came closer and pulled me closer to her, our lips finally touched and we shared a short but meaningful kiss together. It was a short one and I can be expecting to have more with her.

We pulled away from each other and I cleared my throat. "Let me warn you beforehand that I am a jerk and may hurt you."

She smiled. "I don't care, I just like your personality even though you are not my type." I stood frozen, not knowing what to say. You're not my type as well but you managed to make me like you.