Chapter 23

헤란

I sat down in the waiting area at the train station after purchasing our tickets at the ticketing counter. We couldn't take the plane as my father is still recovering from his illness so the plane might be too much for him. I don't want him to pass out due to that so the train is better. Even though it is longer, there are lesser complications compared to taking a plane.

He is waiting next to me with his daily coffee and I am here deleting my Instagram and Facebook accounts as I didn't want anyone to call me because of my disappearance and I want to start afresh as an ordinary student studying in high school. I also deleted my pictures with the people that I have taken with for the past few months that I have been here.

HaeNa unnie, Kim TaeHo were the ones that appear in my gallery all the time. Kim TaeHyung was the only person who never appeared in any of the photos. I didn't want to take pictures with him as I hated him and I bet that he thinks that way as well.

Plus, I don't even think that he is the type to take pictures of himself. He is the cool type that doesn't care about anything except for studying, so we didn't have any pictures together.

"HyeRan, are you sure about it?" He asked. "I know that I have been wanting you to return home because of my own reasons and I know that you didn't want to because you had friends here. We can still go home if you don't want to go."

"No, I have made up my mind and I am going back to Seoul," I said with a firm voice. "It is not because of you, I wanted to return back on my own." I grabbed the handles of the luggage tightly.

"I'm sorry for dragging you back with me without telling you the reason. You hated me as a result."

I looked at him. "I'm thanking you instead. If I didn't ask why it wouldn't have hurt so much."

In just one day, I experienced so much pain that I have never had in my whole 19 years of my life. I witnessed my parents meeting each other after a long 20 years of not seeing each other, I had my father drag me home as he didn't want me to get close to her.

I protested and ran away only to meet TaeHyung, another son of that woman, I had my father sent to the hospital because he had difficulties in breathing due to me going against him and finally I knew about my parentage from my older sister.

I heard the announcement and stood up, getting my luggage to my side. "Appa, it's time to go!"

"Eo..." I supported him by the arm and we walked to one of the doors at the train platform, waiting for the train to arrive. I linked his hands in mine while waiting. The train arrived and the doors opened, we walked into it and I went to find seats for the two of us. Now that Appa is unwell, I have to be the one that takes care of him as I am the only one.

I placed the luggage that I was carrying around on top of the ceiling where there is a space for baggage and sat back down with Appa who is staring out of the window. I did the same thing as him looking at Daegu's beautiful scenery one last time, remembering the time where I first got here with a hopeful heart and I'm leaving with a broken heart. At least I left this place with a smile, not a frown.

"Wait!" I heard TaeHyung's voice and responded to that voice. Am I hearing things?

"What happened?" My father asked and I shrugged my shoulders, my eyes and my ears still trying to find out where that voice comes from.

I waited for a few seconds and then went back to what I was doing. "It's nothing. It could be someone else." I said, feeling quite sure that I was hearing things. Kim TaeHyung is that kind of person, he isn't that kind...

I felt a tap on the window that we are at and my jaw opened. They were really here. Kim TaeHyung and Kim TaeHo.

"Hye-Ran!" His muffled voice reached us and I nearly cried.

My father was really shocked as well but he maintained his composure as well. "Are you going to get down? You still have a chance, you know."

"Appa... I... I..." I immediately got up from my seat trying to get out and meet them but it was too late. They were already closing the doors and my last chance of getting down the train and going back to them is gone.

I witnessed TaeHo still calling out my name as the train starts moving and TaeHyung, for the first time, his facial expression was readable. He was telling us to come back. It's too late... I will never come back again... I was wrong, I left Daegu in tears, crying in my father's arms as he consoles me about not able to say farewell to the people that I would miss even though I hated them.

-------------
태형

I ran as fast as I can after getting out of that taxi and had TaeHo pay the fee for the taxi. I saw the digital sign that says 'Daegu to Seoul- 1 minute'.

I cursed as I ran up the stairs to the train platform where HyeRan and his father is supposed to be at, waiting for the train to arrive. I have to make it on time or I really will have no chance to ever see her again naturally. I got on that floor and picked up, even more, speed as I witnessed passengers getting on the trains with their baggage and all.

"Wait!" I yelled, hoping that she would hear it and come out of that train, looking for me. TaeHo was catching up and we were running to each window to see if they are there. I then spotted a window which the two of them were in and told TaeHo about it.

"HyeRan!" He shouted and it worked, the two of them were looking back at me with their jaws dropped. Hye-Ran's father was telling her something and she suddenly stood up running towards one of the doors. But the door started closing. She couldn't get out and she is returning back to Seoul for sure. Her last chance of staying here is gone.

As the train leaves, I was in tears staring at the empty train platform which Hye-Ran just left Daegu. Song Hyeran, I hate you.