Chapter 37

혜란

I stared at the highschooler me in the mirror and rolled my eyes for the 1000th time ever since I got the uniform from HaeNa unnie earlier, I can't believe that I would have to wear this again when I finally got away from the school.

My phone vibrated on the counter near the sink and I looked at it.

Why aren't you coming out of the toilet?? Looked too ugly??

Like hell, I'm embarrassing of going out there and getting stared at the other students. But the longer that I stay in here, I feel even more embarrassed and other students might come into here as well. It is not like I'm still schooling here, I have graduated high school 5 years ago.

There was a slight knock on the door and HaeNa unnie entered the toilets. "I see that you are still admiring your looks down there when you are supposed to be out there getting pictures taken."

I looked at her. "It is your fault, Unnie. Why did you even want to do this?" I clutched at my skirt, feeling extremely embarrassed about what I was wearing. It has been a very long time ever since I wore such a short skirt.

"If not, what? This is the best idea out of all the stupid ideas that I have thought of."

"What stupid ideas have you considered?" I asked her then and she had a mysterious smile on her lips. What's more stupid than pretending to be a high schooler?

"I have wanted you to have a drinking session with TaeHyung and then you will..." She pinched her fingers on both hands together and brought it together. "Kiss him and confess to him when he is dead drunk, he would be not able to even react like a normal person and push you away."

I slammed my hand on the counter and instantly regretted as it hurt so much. "That's even worse! Why would I even do that?"

"Exactly! That's why I didn't tell you to do that." She concluded and placed one hand under her chin. "Good thing that BoNa isn't close to him or my plan would be a failure."

The word 'BoNa' shivers down my spine once again and I was sure that I have an allergy to that name. Why is she the one that once dated TaeHyung? "Why?"

She facepalmed herself. "BoNa is a supermodel that is loved by all fashion brands and imagine that she is close to TaeHyung, what would he do?"

"Of course, he would call BoNa to--" I gasped as I understood exactly what my sister was saying. BoNa would have been my immediate replacement if she's close to him and I don't even get the chance to be close to him ever again. What if they are dating again?

"Got it in your head already?" I nodded with a shade of pink under my eyes. "Then go out there and show him what you can do with that highschooler you!!" She gave me a push on the back and I got out of the toilet walking towards the shooting set that is carefully set up for the photoshoot.

There were a lot of people there, the selected students were sitting in a corner while waiting for instructions from Mr Kim TaeHyung who is setting up his camera on the tripod stand and TaeHo ssi is chatting with the school principal who is just there to supervise over the photoshoot.

Taeho saw me and waved at me as I walked towards him still feeling very embarrassed trying to look young when I obviously don't, a 25-year-old can never look like a freshman in high school, absolutely nope. "I almost thought that you were a high schooler, that uniform still works out for you. You can totally pretend to be a highschooler anytime you want." He told me as I stood beside him.

That's just blindly complimenting without any effort. It is as if he is forced to recite in order for the target to be interested in me. "Stop with your terrible acting..." I said using my special ventriloquism technique which I learned through the internet. "It is so cringy..."

"He's coming right now..." He did the same and I turned around too quickly that I almost fell down but a hand on my waist prevented me from doing so. 

"Be careful, you wouldn't want to break your leg at this time. Remember that you are going back in a few days." His deep but gentle voice told me and my face turned pink once again by his touch. I don't want to go back all of a sudden.

I stood upright and he just cleared his throat. "You're the first one." He told me. "Get ready..."

"Yes..." I'm like a few months older than him though.

"Good luck with the photoshoot and do your best." TaeHo placed a hand on my shoulder reassuring me that I'm not crazy.

I got to the middle of a photo shoot and realized that I totally do not know how to pose for a photo shoot, of course, I wasn't any supermodel. I fidgeted around with my hands not knowing what to do.

"Place one hand on your hip." His assistant told me and I did what he told me to, I stood in this pose for a few seconds and there was a snap of the camera and the flash was released, hurting my eyes a little.

I wonder how do supermodels endure this torture every day? I'm glad that I decided to be an interior designer. The next few poses were easier to do or it is my confidence that is going up little by little with the more poses that I pulled off and I was done with the photo shoot in like 20 minutes, I feel like my face is going to say so much with all the smiling that I have to do.

I could leave if I could but I decide to stay behind and sat down waiting for him while he continues with the photo shoot that is never going to end any soon. Before long, I was dozing off. I felt something poking my tongue and I fluttered my eyes open, TaeHyung was in front of me and I just jumped in shock.

"Why are you here!" I shouted and he sighed.

"Of course, I'm done with the photo shoot and you were sleeping in such an unglamorous way that I think that I have to tease you."

I crossed my arms over him. "Do you have to do that? You are 25 for goodness sake."

"Says the one who is pretending to be a high schooler, you looked cute like that." He said and I blushed a little. Don't give me compliments like that if you are never going to make the move.