Chapter 16

헤란

My father got out of the car after travelling for a very long time and we ended up in an apple farm on the outskirts of Daegu and it is our 5th stop since we left the apartment at 4 pm. My father is very interested in photography and always has tons of camera, these expensive cameras that were meant to shoot pictures that are of topnotch quality and required a lot of skills and practice to take instagram worthy pictures.

He walked to the entrance of the small house where a man of his age, black-haired but his wrinkles clearly shows his age. He is old but still charmingly handsome. They exchanged a few words with each other, hugging and shaking each other's hands laughing with each other. They seemed to be friends, really good friends.

He said that he is from Daegu before moving to Seoul as an adult so he might have a lot of friends who chose to stay in the countryside to make a living. I saw him looking towards me in the car and told me to get off the car, gesturing me to go to him.

I groaned as I try to get out of the car after hours of sitting in the car, taking my phone with me, leaving my other things in the car as I didn't need them. I walked up to them. "HyeRan-ah, meet my best friend Kim Sejoon. He is a long time friend of mine and we used to go to the same school from elementary school to high school." He said.

I slightly bowed to him. "Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Song HyeRan."

"Aigoo... You grew up to be so pretty. I remembered you as an infant when I went to your baby shower and I have never seen you again. You have inherited your mother's genes alright."

People who were close to my father has always complimented my features, telling me that I looked exactly like my mother. As I didn't know how my mother looked like because there were no pictures of her anywhere in the house, I only imagined her as a woman with model looks and tall height as that is the type of woman that my father would like.

"Ne..." I said, not knowing what to say.

"Is your wife at home today? If she is, we can get a chance to have her apple pies. You said that her apple pies are delicious." My father laughed heartily.

The old man looked at his watch. "She went to the city earlier in the afternoon to bring food to our children and should be returning back home by now. Our children decided to live together in an apartment so that it is easier to go to school and work."

"You have two sons right?" My father asked and he shook his head.

"You have more? A daughter perhaps or another son as expected?"

"And one daughter, she is older than the twins." Oddly, they remind me of the Kim twins. Maybe it is just the surname.

"She is an adult now right?" He said, the old man opening the door and we entered the house. It is a small house but it is very comfy for two people to live in. It has the right amount of furniture that can be placed in the living room, not too much or not too less.

"Your house has never changed since a long time ago." My father commented as soon as he entered the house.

"I don't really like buying new stuff and these things can last a long time." He said and gestured me to take a seat. "HyeRan, just treat as your own home."

"Eo... Ne..." I said and gently let my butt touch the couch. It has a smooth touch, maybe it is purchased in the 90s?

The door opened and a petite woman appeared behind it, smiling brightly and my jaw dropped. This is their farm?

"I'm home!" She said going to her husband giving him a hug. "You had guests?" So that is the twins' father...

She was wearing a visor so she couldn't see me that easily. The visor blocked part of her vision. "There are my best friend and his daughter." He said introducing his wife to us.

She took the visor and greeted. "Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Han JooHee--" She immediately froze and was looking at my father, her expression not wavering a bit. Why does she look that way towards my father?

They exchanged glances at each other for a while, none of them wanting to say anything. They seemed very shocked to see each other. Have they met before? If they did, why is their expression like this?

What happened between them? "Yeobu..." SeJoon Ahjusshi called for his wife and she regained her composure. "Have you guys met before?"

"Yes?" She looked at my father once more and turned to her husband. "No, I have never met him before. I must have mistaken him for someone else." But it is as if they had a past together... Why are they acting like this?

"Right. Me too, I thought that I have seen my wife but it wasn't." He said glaring at her and turning towards me. "Let's go."

"Sorry. I remembered that I have got something to do and I am going to be late." He said, giving a fake smile. "Sejoon, can I have your number and Jesu-nim's number so that I can call for delivery for apples to be shipped all the way to my company?"

The man just chuckled. "Of course, you can." He reached for a name card on the counter and gave it to my father with two hands. "Call me when you want some fresh apples, we will ship it to you as soon as possible." We left the house and I didn't even have the time to greet the Kim twins' mother, my father dragged me out of there and we got into the car.

I wonder how exactly busy is he to be able to rush here and there... "Appa, you can go wherever you want to go. I can just take a bus from here." I told him.

"You can't. We are returning back to Seoul now." He said with a firm voice, his eyes kept on the road. He is driving as fast as he can and we are already nearing the city. "Pack your belongings as soon as you get back."

"Aren't I supposed to be here until the end of the school year?" I said looking very confused. Why is he being like this all of a sudden?

"You are going back with me."

"Why? Did I do anything wrong?"

Did he not believe that Kim TaeHyung was gay? Of course, he didn't, he has a girlfriend. A beautiful one. He didn't say anything but he is focused on driving. Before long, we were already on the ground floor of the apartment building.

I really hate the situation that we are in right now. Why do you have to break your promise? Was having male friends a crime?