Chapter 18

태형

She ignored me and started walking away. "Wait! Song Hyeran!" I shouted her name and she didn't seem to stop and turn around. I feel so hurtful as she has hugged me a few minutes ago and cried into my arms, causing my ears to turn red and my left shoulder to turn wet because she cried on it.

A few minutes ago, I was out as usual after dinner with BoNa who decided to eat with me instead of her parents and I have sent her home. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and I just wiped it away, feeling awkward about it.

Somehow, I wasn't enjoying my time with her tonight as I didn't want to hold her hands or even stare at her doing random things. My mind was only about Song HyeRan as I ran out of her house and met her father there, his facial expression was hard to read but I just knew that he wasn't at the very least pleased with me.

I walked by the convenience store hoping to buy some drinks to stock up in the fridge but I didn't as I spotted someone squatting down on the floor crying very hard, so hard that everyone was judging her as they pass the convenience store. I ignored her at first as I had thought that she was a random drunk girl who decides to throw her tantrum just outside the convenience store but her voice is just so familiar, her clothing as well.

That white T-shirt isn't that what Song Hye-Ran wore when I went to her house in the afternoon? And that hair, Hye-Ran's hair is around that length and is in that shade of brown. "Why the hell are you even kneeling down in the middle of the street?" I said to her and she immediately stopped crying.

She looked up looking very tired and her eyes were bloodshot red. Her eyes were so puffy that it needed some ice to alleviate the swelling but she looked very innocent at that time. I gave her a smile, trying to look as if I was just kind and loving. 

"TaeHo ssi..." I frowned at that name. Did she just call me TaeHo? 

Is she that blind to not see the difference between me and him? Maybe her contact lenses fell out, she had bad eyesight and I have seen her with glasses a few times. Who cares? I will just be TaeHo for your sake as long as you stop crying.

"What happened?" I tried to sound cool again. She stood up and almost fell down but I supported her from the fall and pulled her back up.

"Why are you crying?" I asked again. Please tell me the reason why you were crying outside the convenience store when you can cry at home.

"TaeHo ssi..." She suddenly threw her arms around my waist and cried again. My ears felt like it was burning but I couldn't move away, her grip on me was too tight. My hands didn't know where to place so I slowly let my hands touch her back and soon I was patting her to stop her from crying.

Is it because of what happened earlier? Did her father scold her? That hugging and patting went like forever as it felt like it could never end until she pulled away from me.

She sniffed at her mucus and looked at me again. "Can I stay in your apartment for tonight?" She would be even more hurt if she goes back with me. Her father is still here and I bet that he would drag her home if he ever finds out. I am still a guy after all.

I shook my head. "You don't have the mood to sleep so let's stay up and have fun." She was looking at me straight in the eye and onto my face multiple times. I gulp down my saliva.

Did she found out that I'm not the TaeHo that she was calling? She frowned her hands reaching for my glasses and she wore it her jaw dropped instantly. I should've worn contact lenses instead if I had known that she would be crying in my arms tonight.

We are on a street which is surrounded by a lot of people and her pacing started to slow down of course as there were a lot of people around us. I took the chance to close the distance between us and I grabbed her hand getting out of the crowd.

"Kim TaeHyung, let go of me this instant!" She shouted but I didn't let go. I didn't want to let go of her as I wanted to hold her hand. Her hand feels warm and big despite it being small and dainty. My hands covered her hands completely and it fitted perfectly as it was meant to be.

I stopped at a park and sat down on a bench, unaware that I am still holding her hands. "My hands." She said and I immediately released it, my ears turning red. Her face was also reddish as well, looking down at the floor again.

"Are you okay now?" I asked and she nodded.

"Why are you there and pretending to be TaeHo?"

"I didn't. You just presumed that I was TaeHo."

"You should have denied and I wouldn't..." She stopped talking for a moment. "I was--"

She suddenly hit me on the shoulder. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Forget it," I said changing the topic. "Now, tell me why you were crying." Her facial expression became serious and it was as if she was going to cry again.

"Ok, I won't ask. I will wait till you are ready to talk about it."

"I'm ready." She exhaled. "I'm going back to Seoul." She is going back?

I am supposed to feel happy as she wouldn't be here anymore but why am I so sad? "When? Did your father forced you to?"

She nodded. "He did but he won't. Maybe he will let go of this matter and I would continue to stay here as I have told him that you were gay." Huh?

"What? You told him that I was gay?" Since when I was?

She tried to hold back her laughter. "Yes, I did. I said to save myself or not he would be running after you with a knife for coming into my house."

He just cherishes his daughter a lot, that's why. He couldn't bear any guys getting close to her. "He wouldn't do that," I said smiling. "Because I will be gay for your sake so that you will continue to stay here."

I covered my mouth, shocked at what I just uttered. I will be gay for her? What the hell?

I then saw an old man walking towards us furiously and grabbed Song Hye-Ran by the hand. "Go back with me!"

"Appa!" And she was already in the car with me running after her and standing in dismay.

"Song Hye-Ran!"