Chapter 32

혜란

I gulped down my saliva as I heard that sentence came out of his mouth as he said it to every girl that he dates. "Eh?" I hit his head. "Are you crazy? You know that I'm not single."

He broke into a smile, the rectangle smile that he does when he is really happy. "Of course I know because I'm just kidding!"

"Hey!" I pinched his shoulder. "You almost gave me a heart attack, don't you know that?"

He let out a laugh. "You wouldn't react like that if you have a boyfriend. Are you lying to me that you were taken?" Shit, he found out...

"Emm..." My eyes darted all over the place, trying to make up a lie to deceive Mr Kim TaeHyung. "I am taken..."

"Fine. Since you said that, I'm not going to pester you anymore." He stood up. "Let's go home and have dinner." I don't want to go back, that's the reason why I came out here staring at the trains alone.

He grabbed onto my hand and I stood up by force. I wanted to say no to him but I know that he is trying to make me accept the fact that I indeed still have a family in Daegu and they are waiting for me to have a meal together with them.

We walked side by side on the way home to his house, the place where I am going to stay at for the next week where I am also going to attend TaeHo and YeongAe ssi's wedding. We arrived home in no time and there was a lot of commotion in there, happy chatters and laughter serenading in my ears. This is the definition of a perfect family.

I sat down next to my sister which she handed me a bowl of rice with chopsticks. "Welcome home, HyeRan-ah..." My mother said to me as I took my first bite. "Sorry that I cooked a little too much." She apologized and I stared at the dining table, there was like 10 side dishes and 5 were my favourites. I only mentioned it once when I had my first dinner with the Kim siblings and I'm surprised that she remembered it.

"It's okay, there is a lot of people so it is alright to have a lot of food on the table." My sister answered on my behalf.

"And it is going to increase soon," TaeHo said with a weird smile and YeongAe had that unreadable facial expression on her face.

"Don't tell me that it is that--"

"I'm just saying that it would increase in a few years time." He corrected and everyone had that somewhat disappointed expression on their faces, especially my mother's.

"And with Hye-Ran here, the house looks more completed than before." Mr Kim commented and I stopped eating. "Thanks for coming down here even though you are busy and all." He thanked me and I felt the urge to cry. Why are they being so nice to me?

"You know that you can cry all you want and when you want in this family. There is no punishment for that." YeongAe ssi handed me a tissue paper.

"Yoo YeongAe, can you not ruin everything all at once? Not everyone cries as much as you do." TaeHo told her and everyone laughed.

"I was just trying to help." She replied and I still took the tissue paper not to embarrass her.

"Thanks, YeongAe ssi but I don't need for now," I said smiling for once since I entered this house around 30 minutes ago. And it is a genuine one. And making me laugh so that I don't embarrass myself in front of so many people. Normally, it is just me and my father having dinner but now there are 6 people welcoming me even though I don't deserve it.

I looked at TaeHyung who always looks so done with everyone in life leaving the table after excusing himself. He is always like that, he never makes any conversations with anyone, instead, he just eats while everyone is chatting. He never changed in the past 5 years, always keeping a distance with the people that he loved.

Dinner was done and I was in HaeNa unnie's room just lying down in her bed as I am way too full. I didn't even realize that I ate too much until I found myself asking for seconds. I grabbed the lion plushie that I bought all the way from Australia and I hugged lovingly while staring at the ceiling.

HaeNa unnie came out of the shower looking rather refreshed with her bare face gleaming as if she didn't take off her makeup. "Aren't you going to shower?" She asked me as I am still lying down and doing absolutely nothing than to stare at the stupid ceiling.

"Eo." I got up and grabbed my towel from the luggage and clothes to change into jumping into the shower. I came out of the shower and she was already using the TV to watch some dramas.

"What dramas are you watching right now?"

"Are you human too?" I answered.

She gave a thumbs up. "Good choice, I'm already at the 18th Episode."

"I'm at the 21st," I commented and sat down next to her covering my legs with the blanket.

"Don't you dare give any spoilers to me, I'm not a big fan of spoilers." She pressed the play button and it played, both of us watched in concentration.

I have been longing to have this kind of a moment with a sister and I'm glad that it finally came true. In dramas, sisters do a lot of things together, they go shopping together, have dates at the café, watch movies and dramas together, do each other's makeup and I have been wanting to do this.

After the end of three episodes, Haena exited the bedroom to her toilet where she went to the toilet to relieve herself, she apparently drank too much water during dinner. I then hugged the lion plushie while waiting for her to return. "Let's continue watching." She said and brought in a bag of snacks from outside. Instead of just watching, she was staring at something.

"Is that TaeHyung's plushie?" She pointed to the plushie that I am holding onto.

"This?"

She nodded. "It looks exactly the same, where did you buy it?"

"I didn't buy it. I picked it up, apparently, someone threw it out of the window 5 years ago just outside the apartment building and I just picked it up as the plushie looks very pitiful."

"TaeHyung threw it away and you brought it back by chance, seems like the two of you are inseparable from life." I looked at the plushie and TaeHyung's face immediately came to my mind. For the first time ever, I wanted to leave this plushie for the first time ever. Even if he is now single and all, I will not like him as he is not my type. But why does my heart beats for him whenever he gets closer to me?