Chapter 25

태형

[This chapter is TaeHyung's POV 5 years ago after HyeRan left for Daegu. It is specially written to make you understand better what the story is about.]

Today is the 5th day since I last saw HyeRan and I am laying down in bed again. Since that day, I ignored BoNa's calls and texts as I didn't have the mood to even go out with her. Something tells me that she is not the one for me anymore as I witnessed the scene that was unfolded before her, the video where an anonymous person sent to me a day after Hye-Ran left.

In the video, she was kissing this random guy while being half-naked, the guy as well and their clothes were strewn all over the floor. I then forwarded the video to her and she immediately denied that the person in the picture was her. She is still trying to prove her innocence when all the evidence is already so obvious.

I heard a knock on the door and TaeHo opened the door. "Omma is here and she is cooking dinner." I rolled my eyes. She is here again? How free is she?

Nonetheless, I still went out of the room spotting her in the kitchen stir-frying some vegetables while HaeNa noona is beside cutting up the vegetables. I waited in the living room while watching some TV. I have to eat somehow even if I hated the person who is cooking for me. I forced myself to have dinner with her for the first time ever since I started living away from her.

"TaeHyung, is the soup delicious?" She asked me and I got hesitant. It is delicious but I didn't want to admit that it is delicious, I didn't want to give in to her. If I did, I would seem weak to her and that I am a little child that needs his mother's care all the time.

"Whatever Omma cooks are always the best and TaeHyung thinks that way too." HaeNa noona answered her on my behalf and she just gave a weak smile.

"Really? I'm just glad that you all loved my cooking." She said scooping up more soup and I declined her.

"I don't like drinking soup," I said and continued eating without looking at her.

"What about you, TaeHo?" She asked TaeHo who gave his bowl to her as expected. Today's soup is Kimchi chigae and it is the one that I liked most but I just wouldn't drink it no matter what.

We finished dinner and I went back to my room as usual but she called me out. "TaeHyung, would you mind sending me off for a moment? Your father isn't available to pick me up." She asked. Can't you go home on your own?

I received a text message from my older sister after that woman asked me that question.

Go with her, she wants to say something to you.

Fine, let's see what she is about to talk about today? I sighed and opened the door, she was already preparing to leave and looked at me. We boarded the lift in silence and we walked to the bus stop, we sat down on the empty seats while waiting for the bus.

"TaeHyung, are you still mad that I wasn't the person you expected me to be?" She said and I didn't say anything, just sitting down beside with a solemn expression. I don't have the mood to answer her anything.

"I know that I am the bad person, hiding everything from you but I had to. I wanted you to always be happy." She added. "I'm glad that you found out at that time, if not I wouldn't know how to explain to you at this age." She said smiling with a sad hint in her eyes. I immediately felt a feeling of Deja Vu and I was back when I was a child.

Flashback

"TaeHyung... I... I..." She answered and I felt that the sky has fallen at that time.

"Actually your mother had already passed away, it was way before I met your father. She died while giving birth to you and TaeHo."

What? Did she die? Why? My jaw dropped and tears were forcing its way out again. "She's dead?"

She nodded. "That's why I didn't want to tell you and TaeHyung about it. It hurts to know the truth sometimes." She said crying as well.

"You are still a liar!" I shouted at her, tearing the papers that I have in my hand.

End of flashback

From that day on, I started to hate her with all my might. Our relationship changed drastically ever since and it shows no signs of forgiveness. She lied to me and that's final. She's a liar and I hated liars, a lot.

The bus came and she stood up, looking back at me. "TaeHyung-ah, thank you for accompanying me to the bus stop. Do come back when you have the time." She really is a kind person... Just like Hye-Ran...

She turned back and faced the bus that she is going to board the bus, one of her feet is already on the steps.

"Wait!" I said, making her turn back to face me.

"Yes?"

"Be safe!" I said, immediately regretting what I have just uttered. Have I forgiven her already?

She gave me a slight nod before getting on the bus and waved at me as the bus drives off to the next stop. I felt my lips going up and I stopped myself from smiling. What the hell am I even smiling for? I returned home feeling a bit warm yet annoyed with myself to why I reacted to that. I am normally a cold person but why did I even wave to someone that I hated a lot?

Now that I realized, she aged a lot from the first time that I met her 20 years ago when she first took on the role of taking care of me and TaeHo. Wrinkles are covering and embracing her beautiful eyes which reminded me a lot of Hyeran and of course HaeNa noona. Her eyes were so tired these days as if she never slept for days.

I looked into the fridge and then realized how it made her so tired. The lunchboxes were filled with tiny notes that says 'For the siblings' and there are different cuisines for each person. And especially for mine, another note is added. I burst into tears upon seeing that.

Taehyung-ah, make sure to eat it.