Chapter 6

Monday

I wore my shoes with my school bag sling over my left shoulder. I got up and dusted my not-so-dusty school skirt even though I had moped the floor last night while jamming to some hits over the radio.

I closed the door and I waited for the lift at the lobby when I heard two voices coming closer to me. Kim TaeHo and Kim TaeHyung, I thought to myself. "So I was saying, Lucio is the best character in OverWatch, he is the best character that I have played." Kim TaeHo said.

"Like hell, Hanzo is the best. Did you even know?" Says Kim Taehyung with his ever emo face. When would he not be sad for once?

"Of course I do but everyone hates him. I mean once he appears everyone gets eliminated. That's why I don't play his character ever." He said and ended the conversation between the both of them. Weird twins...

Kim Taehyung sniffled a little and stared blankly at the plastic doors while waiting for the lift to reach our floor. Won't he get tired just putting on an emo face all the time? Can't he smile for once?

"Good Morning! Ran!" TaeHo ssi greeted me with excitement. As expected, he is the happier one.

I turned towards him. "Good Morning, you guys sure love gaming."

He slings his hand over his brother's shoulder. "Of course we do! You like gaming too? We could battle it out later if you want."

"Unfortunately no, I like looking at clothes on my tablet better. I game sometimes too." I said while mentally cursing myself inside.

Why am I even saying this? You don't even game. Song Hye-Ran, are you still asleep?

"Really? What game?" His face immediately brightened up like a ray of sunshine.

"I bet she is lousy at it, seeing her like that." Excuse me? I angrily glared at him, how dare he insult me like that? Especially in front of his twin.

The lift doors opened at the same time and he cleared his throat entering the lift followed by me and Kim TaeHo. Rude guy.

"Ran, what made you transfer in just a few months before graduation?" Kim TaeHo broke the silence between me and Kim TaeHyung. 

"I bet she is here to bootlick Daegu's most handsome guy since she is Seoul's most beautiful girl." I swear my fist almost went to him just earlier.

"Don't say like that about Ran..." He hit his brother's shoulder. "I'm sure she has her reasons, right Ran?"

"Of course TaeHo ssi, I transferred here in order to escape from those fangirls. This has been the 10th time that I have moved schools since Year 1 of high school."

"Really? That must have been hard on you..." He said as if understanding how I felt.

"Of course, with that plastic face of hers..." He said while walking out of the lift. I'm a 100% natural ok?

 "Go on your own, I'm going to stop by the tteokbokki store first." He told TaeHo and he nodded.

"See you in Math class later!" His twin waved brightly at him and he did a small one. Selfish freak...

"Shall we get going?" He said and I nodded. It's going to be a tough year with these two bastards although the younger twin is more friendly.

"Don't get offended by what my brother says, he's like that. Blunt and straightforward."

"He never smiles right? He has the same expression since I first met him."

"That's what everyone says about him, he never smiles but only he is really happy. I wish that I had his smile." TaeHo ssi said feeling a bit jealous.

I just awkwardly laughed as I didn't know what to say. "You have a beautiful laugh..." He commented. I blush slightly.

We talked about random things on the way to school, like who is more likely to get stage fright and I knew a bit about him. We arrived at the school office to pick up my schedule for the year. I looked at it and I immediately frowned. I'm not in the same class as TaeHo ssi.

He took the piece of paper and looked at it. He also has the same facial expression as me. "Your classes, it is exactly the same as Hyung."

Yep, I am going to spend the whole year studying in the same class as that emo bastard... Bless me.

"It's okay, we can still eat lunch together." I said trying to cheer him up. Is there a reason why he is angry?

He nodded. He looks just like a puppy when he is sad. "Let me bring you to your class since my class is just next to yours." He said and I nodded, following behind him.

When we are always reaching my classes, I heard people shouting my name. Did they already know that I am transferring to their class? That's too fast.

I searched for my hoodie and mask in my bag so that I can blend in without anyone knowing that I am Song HyeRan. I also put on my nerdy glasses to make people think that a nerd by the name Song HyeRan transferred into their school, not the very popular Seoul girl that everyone knows.

"Ran, here's your class-- Who are you?" He said looking at my nerd side.

"Still the same Song Hye Ran that you met on the train." I answered. "I'll be fine on my own." I reassured him.

"Really? Tell me if there is anything wrong, ok? Don't bottle it up ok?" He said while he watched me enter the classroom.

"Better show your best manners when Song Hye Ran enters the classroom with the teacher later. Make her have a good impression on you." One of the guys said sitting onto a table and the other guys nodded.

I walked pass them and they never realized that I am the very same person that they were talking all along. I sighed at their conversation. Same old thing that I faced in all the other schools. Can't they be a bit different?

I took my seat at the back where the window is at. That would make them leave me alone huh? "Go away, this seat is taken." I heard a very familiar voice and it is very husky as if he just woke up from a nap.

I looked at him and gasped. "Kim TaeHyung!"

"Don't shout early in the morning! What's with that glasses?" He said. "Trying to be a nerd? You are too far from that, Song Hye Ran..."

All the chatters suddenly stopped and I could sense that they were coming for me. "Song HyeRan?" A guy said.

Oh, Shit... I buried my head under the table, hoping them to not know me.