Chapter 12

해나

I looked around for food in the fridge after taking a shower with a towel wrapped around my head and I was amazed at how the fridge is blowing air on nothing. It is basically just an empty box that is air-conditioned. Nothing was in the fridge, except for some Soju bottles which is most probably bought by Kim TaeHyung. Kim TaeHo doesn't drink.

I would have to go down and buy more groceries or the three of us are going to starve for real. I wouldn't advise them to eat instant noodles as it is very oily and high in MSG. I have finally lost weight and I definitely not gain the weight back. I freaking took months to just lose that 5 kg.

"Kim TaeHyung, do you have anything you want to eat?" I shouted as loud as I can so that he can hear it. He must be playing overwatch again. That arrogant gamer younger brother of mine... A text message was sent a few seconds later.

Cheese Tteokbokki. Quickly, I'm starving.

Then, do you think that I wasn't starving? I haven't eaten anything since breakfast as the annoying Art teacher volunteered to show me around the school during lunch time where all the teachers were having their lunch and all. Does he think that pretty people like me don't eat at all? I can eat like a pig but I choose not to, with the fear of gaining a kilogram after each heavy meal.

"Is that all you wanted?" I shouted again and my phone beeped again.

Shut up and just buy. You're so noisy.

Fine, Mr Annoying... I will go buy this instant and smack you in the head when I get back later. The door opened and TaeHo appeared behind it. He looked so tired, his after-school activities must have been tedious for him.

"Noona, you're going out?" He said after looking at me taking my wallet and had my phone in my pocket.

"Eo. What do you want to have for dinner? I'm cooking." I asked him, hoping that he would want a whole basket of food.

"I'm fine with anything, just buy what you think is good for us. I'll tidy your room for you, I'll sleep with TaeHyung." As expected of Kim TaeHo, he isn't that type to ask for more. He's fine with anything, that's what he said.

"Really? Do you want to come with me? You can help me carry the heavy stuff."

"Sure, I can--" He stopped for a moment and yawned. He sure is dead tired.

"Forget it, I'll go by myself. Go and have a nap when I am away." I told him.

"Noona--"

"I know the way around, you can help me next time. Just make sure that TaeHyung is alive by then."

He chuckled. "Sure, I'll do that. Be safe, Noona." He told me and went into TaeHyung's room which he would be rooming with for my sake. This kid will offer me his room whenever I visit willingly, no one forced him to. He is just so kind, a complete person from TaeHyung.

I got out of the apartment and went down to the ground floor making my way to the snack bar which is just around the corner, the store that Kim TaeHyung loves the most. I wonder how exactly good is Cheese Tteokbokki to be eaten every single day without fail? That brother of mine is practically hooked onto the finger food ever since he first tasted it at the age of 10.

From that day on, he never stopped eating Cheese tteokbokki since then, wanting it for lunch and dinner and even breakfast. There was once he demanded to have cheese tteokbokki when it is like 7 in the morning. Cheese tteokbokki is normally not eaten for breakfast but he was so stubborn that he wouldn't go to school if he didn't eat it. So Omma had no choice but to cook Cheese tteokbokki just for him when the rest of us are eating rice and soup.

I shook my head and smiled as I recalled the memories between the three of us, I was the pretty one, TaeHyung was the stubborn one and of course, TaeHo was the free spirit who stares at every single thing that flies in front of him or basically anything that is just there lying around.

Now we have all grown up, many things have changed but TaeHyung still loves eating Cheese tteokbokki till then. Guess that some habits will never change...

I grabbed the basket and walked into the supermarket where it is filled with people. Seriously, I don't advise people to visit the supermarket at 6 pm in the evening although the prices are crazily low at the end of the day.

It was incredibly crowded and I swear that I thought my belongings got stolen a couple of times when it didn't even come close to that. It is just that feeling of insecure when you are uncomfortable with the surroundings. I just hope that I wouldn't bump into anyone or it would be very awkward for me and the stranger. I felt a force pushed against my left shoulder and I fell a bit in the front. I just bumped into someone.

I looked at the stranger that I just bumped into and apologized to her, she was skinny and of average height. "Oh, Kim Saem!" She said after looking at me. Do I know her? Is she one of my students?

I looked at her closely, studying her features. "You are?" I swear that she reminds me of myself for some weird reason.

"You might not know me but I am the one that is sitting next to TaeHyung during Art class. I am Song Hye-Ran." Ah, the one that nudged him?

"Taehyungie's friend?"

She nodded but quickly shook her head. "Not exactly but somewhere in between. I'm actually more close to TaeHo than him."

"Because of his handsome looks?" I said walking to the frozen aisle where she followed me behind as well.

She put up her two hands up to protest. "No, of course not." She is so cute...

"Then what? I'm dying to listen to why are you not attracted to him. This is the first one that I heard that someone so pretty doesn't like him."

"I admit that he is good looking but he just isn't my type." She seems interesting...

"Really? Then what about TaeHyung? Do you like him?" She seems even more shocked than the first one, she doesn't like both of them. She is definitely different from what those girls who like people for their looks.

"OK, I won't ask about them anymore," I said and looked at her basket. It only has ramen and ramen, maybe a few more bottles of water if I counted correctly.

"Are you going to eat that for dinner?"

"Yes. I would've bought more stuff if not for the rush hour. I woke up just earlier and totally forgot to buy groceries, that's why I'm here." She seems like the type that people want to take care of, I mean like a younger sister.

"Me too. Wanna have dinner together as neighbours today? I'm cooking so no worries." I told her.