Chapter 9

헤란

I was watching dramas after taking a shower, as usual, sitting in bed with the blanket covering my whole body. I adjusted the volume of my laptop and played the video. This will be the last episode that I would be watching before I go to sleep, I think so.

I was at the climax of the episode and coincidentally it was an emotional scene. My tears were at the corner of my eyes, going to drop any moment and I was here trying not to cry or I would have very swollen eyes the next morning.

Everyone wants to look pretty in the morning and not like a mess. There was a loud thump at the door and I got startled that my tears flowed down my cheeks, making me look like I was crying. Who the hell was that at the door?

It is already midnight and no delivery man delivers that night so it couldn't be the delivery guy. Appa also didn't say anything about visiting me and who the hell visits at night? Must be some random drunk guy who decides to knock on my door in search of his house.

I decided to ignore the person and went back to watching my drama, whoever that is, I don't want to know who you are. My wish is for you to get lost.

"Song Hyeran! When the fuck are you going to open the door for me?" Kim TaeHo? He doesn't look like one that curses so it must be his brother.

I dragged myself to the door and opened it, a body fell on top of me and I could smell the distinctive Soju and beer smell coming from him. He must have drunk quite a bit of that alcohol.I struggled to get out of it and I stood up massaging my arms, he sure is heavy. Those cheese tteokbokki must have made him fat.

I stared at the motionless figure laying on the floor face down and closed the door. Does TaeHo ssi know about it?

I dialed his number but he didn't answer, must be sleeping. It would be rude to knock at his door at this time so the only way is to let him stay here for the time being.

I sighed, looking at him but he is already gone. Wasn't he dead drunk a moment ago?

I turned around and saw him walking towards my room, perhaps to have a rest inside. If I were his girlfriend, I would allow him to do that but the thing is that I am 99% not close to him. That 1% is just because he is my neighbor and is TaeHo ssi's brother.

I went up to him to stop him but he pushed me away, he was about to jump onto the bed and I skillfully got my precious laptop out of the way.

He really treats my house as his, huh? Even though he never really entered the apartment that day, he just came and dragged his poor brother. I still remembered how he dragged TaeHo ssi out of the house after what his brother all did for him.

He was snoring and his hands were reaching for the lion plushie that I picked up and washed. He hugged the plushie as if it was his in the first place. Who knew that the lion plushie would suit him more than I am?

I sighed and went to the bathroom and dipped one of my facial towels into the basin of water. I placed the basin of water on my bedside table and wrung the towel before wiping his face with it.

I took off his glasses and noticed how handsome he actually looked. Even though he practically has the same face as TaeHo ssi, he looked better, to be honest.

TaeHo is very playful while he... He is very calm and savage in what he does. Even though I only have known him for like 3 days, I noticed this much from him.

He suddenly got hold of my arm and he hugged it a little before releasing it. I bet he knows that it isn't a plushie. Everyone knows it, even drunk Taehyung knows.

Since he is now asleep, I should go to sleep too now that it is quite late. I brought my laptop and blanket to the couch in the living room to sleep. I wouldn't dare to sleep in the same bed with a guy like that.

He isn't something related to me, he is just my neighbor. I am very kind to give him my bed while I sleep on the couch when I am actually the owner of the house.

I sighed and draped the blanket over my body falling asleep as I closed my eyes. I just hope that he doesn't get angry knowing that he spent the night at my home instead of his own.

----------
태호

I woke up as my alarm rang and I got up immediately. I walked to TaeHyung's room and he is not inside. Did he not come home last night?

I called TaeHyung hyung and he didn't pick up. Last night, we had a family dinner and hyung was not happy with it. Of course, he isn't, he didn't even know about it until I told him about him.

I tricked him that we were going to this new restaurant and I will be treating him. He fell for it and we went to the restaurant and met the rest there. The reason is that our older sister just came back from her overseas studies from Kanazawa college of Arts, Japan and we normally would eat together as a family.

We ate dinner and when we parted our ways to go home, TaeHyung hyung told me that he needed to go somewhere and would come back later. I didn't ask him why I already know the reason. He needed some time alone to settle his thoughts together. So I came back as he would be back by the time I wake up but he isn't.

This is weird, he always comes back after one of his 'calming down' sessions but he... The door clicked open and I turned towards it. A tired Kim Taehyung appeared behind it with his slightly messy hair.

He is still in his clothes from yesterday so he must have spent the night outside. I wonder where did he sleep last night. "Hyung, where did you go?"

"I--"

"TaeHo ssi, he spent the night at my house last night." HyeRan appeared behind him. What?