Chapter 7

헤란

I closed my eyes at the same time, scared that they might make me out to be the most beautiful Seoul Girl that they have been talking about.

"Yah, come out of the table right now! We need to talk!" One of the guys said. I recognized his voice, he was the one who sat on top of the table earlier.

"Yah Kim TaeHyung, are you really sure that she is Song HyeRan?" He asked TaeHyung and there was no response. I don't know if he just ignored them or fell back into sleep mode.

He said after a long silence. "She is Song Hyeran..." He paused and then continued. "the nerdiest girl in Seoul." He said and I swear that my heart just came out of my throat just earlier. So freaking scary.

"She is also our long time friend. She was born in Daegu and went to school in Seoul for a few years and then came back to finish her studies here." I looked up and saw TaeHo. Since when did he even entered?

And how did he even know that I was originally from Daegu?

"Really?" The guy said and I came out of my table tidying my hair feeling a bit relieved. "You are a Daegu person too and on top of that you are an old friend of the Kim Twins?"

I nodded so that he can stop pestering me. "Oh, you can speak Gyeongsang-do dialect then?"

"Of course, I am a Daegu person." I spoke in satoori which made him even more amazed.

"Woah... I'm Yook SungJae. Nice to meet you. I'm close with the Kim twins." He said and shook my hands which I was very reluctant to do so.

After he left, I immediately pinched Kim TaeHyung that made him yell in pain. He deserves it so much for almost exposing me. "Ouch, what was that for?" He said and glared at me.

"Who told you to scare me like that? I thought that I was going to change schools again like always." I placed my hand on my chest area and still can feel the persistent thudding of my heart rate at a much higher pace.

"Thankfully Taeho ssi saved my life or else..." I smiled at him and he shook his head telling me that he didn't need the thanks from me.

"Who knew that you were that popular? Just a mere mention of your name could get tons of fanboys summoned to your desk in a matter of seconds. Even such things don't even happen to BoNa." TaeHo added.

"Who's BoNa?"

"The Queenka of this school. Full name: Kim JiYeon. She is in the Group Cosmic Girls in this school. She goes by the name BoNa and is most loved by most of the boys in this school. Number one tip: Just don't pass by her anywhere and you will be fine."

Being the curious me, I asked him. "Why? What will happen if I do that?"

"Try and you would know." TaeHyung said. "I would like to see the both of you battle out and you will be expelled in just one day. Happy ending." This guy...

I looked towards TaeHo and he mouthed 'Remember just earlier'.

"Don't get offended by what my brother says, he's like that. Blunt and straightforward."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. It is only the first day, there is still the whole year with him. It is not like I can transfer to another class like immediately.

Plus, with him around, people wouldn't follow me around as now they believed that I am just a nerd friend of them. It's wrong to do this but I need to stay on and not transfer schools. I had enough of that. I just want a peaceful school life for now.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I looked up. "I will be going off, let's meet at recess." He said.

"Hyung, I will buy you tteokbokki as usual." He told his brother and he nodded wearing his earphones. I wonder if he is listening to music or not.

He waved at me and I did the same. I nudged Kim TaeHyung's shoulder telling him to wave back at his brother and he did a small one, just like what I had expected. Selfish and petty jerk.

Sorry to offend twins all over the world but can twins be born from different mothers? I mean, Kim TaeHo and Kim TaeHyung are like 2 worlds apart but they are twins? How could that be?

Why can't he be more like his brother? Maybe he could be more friendly towards others and not spot an emo face all the time?

He suddenly turned his head towards me. "Why are you staring at me?" Right, I have been staring at him for too long, so long that he felt annoyed.

"I wasn't." I said pretending to look around the classroom. "How many people are in this class?"

"Can't you count with your fingers yourself? So useless." He said and answered. "30 people." He insults people and then tells them what they have been asking? How weird.

But we are communicating with each other, is it a good thing or a bad thing? Who cares, now I don't feel kinda awkward with him.

"How's the teacher like? Is the teacher a male or a female? Kind or mean like any other teacher? Caring or thoughtful?? Is--"

"Mrs. Choi will be arriving in class in exactly 1 minute, you will know eventually and can you shut your mouth up until then? You are distracting me listening to music."

I glanced over at his tablet, there is no music playing at all. He is lying.
"Oh, is that so? Then how can you even manage to even listen to music when there isn't any music on? You are just wearing it."

He immediately went speechless, all thanks to my sharp eyes. "I... I was going to play it after I had told you. See, you are distracting me again." He said and selected his music on his playlist. He placed his finger at his lips telling me to shut up.

"Ok... If that is what you want. I will shut up for a while." I said laying my head on the table not saying anything.
I wonder how exactly TaeHo ssi managed to even live with him since birth.