Chapter 8

태호

I sat down on one of the benches cupping my face with my hands while waiting for Ran and TaeHyung hyung to come. While I was waiting, fangirls hogged around me as usual. I don't know why do they think that I am handsome.

Instead, TaeHyung would be the better-looking one than I am. I am too noisy at times that it irritates people. I am a chatterbox while hyung is very emo and only talks when necessary.

"Taeho-ssi, may I eat with you today since TaeHyung is not here? Since you are alone today."

Again, why they not get tired of asking that? It doesn't mean that he doesn't want to eat with me although he does that like all the time.

"Sorry but--"

"This seat is forever taken, must you sit next to him all the time? It is not like there are no seats. You are making it so obvious that you like my brother."

"How--"

"It's so obvious that everyone pretends to not know about it. Just go, it is better than rejection."

The girl's eyes began to tear up. "Kim TaeHyung, you are so dead..." She said and walked off wiping her tears at the same time.

I sighed. TaeHyung hyung made a girl cry again for the 10th time and it is partly because of me. I was too scared to reject her like how Hyung did.

"Have you eaten?" He said sitting beside me.

I shook my head. "I was waiting for you. Where is Ran?"

"Who cares about her? I bet that she is fighting off fangirls along the way." He said with a nonchalant expression and played with the games on his phone.

"Are you for real?" I got out of the seat and I saw HyeRan just entering the cafeteria while carrying a pile of books. It looks like it is going to topple soon.

I went to help her. "Eo, thanks..." She said. "Who are you anyways?"

"The younger one of course. Why are you carrying so many books?"

"Eo, they fell for it so much that they treated me like a real nerd. These are all their booklets for the various subjects."

"Why didn't you tell them that you are Song HyeRan?"

"That would be even worse. Trust me, that happened to me once." She said putting down all the books and sat down to catch her breath.

"Besides it would be a good time to review on my subjects while doing their homework at the same time. I'm killing two birds with a stone." She said after she calmed down.

"So stupid... Does she have a brain in the first place?" Hyung muttered under his breath and I swear that Ran is going to flare up any sooner or later the longer he insults her.

"TaeHo, let's get lunch." She stood up and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Eo..." I replied her and got up as well. I turned towards hyung. "What do you want to eat?"

"Cheese Tteokbokki with lots of cheese please and also a dash of red chili pepper on top of it, I want it to be a bit spicy. Coke would be good for drinks." He said out his orders without looking at me.

"Ok... Will be back in a while. Don't make sure that no one else sits at our table, Ok?" He nodded. I nudged HyeRan who is highkey judging him right now, I know why.

We walked to the snack bar stall and ordered our food. I stood at the counter with both my hands on the counter while HyeRan is placing her hands in a very reserved manner.

"Yah..." She called me.

"Hmm?"

"Don't you think that you are way too obedient towards Kim Taehyung?"

"No, why?"

"You listen well to him, so much that he is using you to buy food for you. Don't you think so that you are being controlled by him?"

"No, I don't think so. This is how we acted along with each other. I don't treat him all the time, he is the one. It is only right that I do this for him." I looked towards her and muttered. "I won't let you feel like this about me anymore, after this one last time."

She turned her head towards me. "Did you just ask me something?"

My eyes began moving around frantically trying to think of an excuse to tell her. "Did I?"

She nodded. "I definitely heard something coming out of your mouth. What is it that you are trying to tell me about?" She came closer to me and I swear my heart is going to explode from its violent beatings.

"No--"

"Your order is ready!" 

"See you at the table, you can buy the drinks on my behalf." I gently pushed her out of the line.

"You sure that you carry all that? It looks quite heavy to me."

"I will be fine, just go buy, I can do it." I told her and she just nodded her head before going off to the drinks stall to buy some drinks. Phew, that was so close... 

-----------

헤란

I got back from school alone as the twins have something on after school. TaeHo told me that it is something related to their family so I would be just an extra if I were to follow them. So, I decided to go back on my own.

At least no one would interrupt me watching my dramas and my daily phone conversations with my one and only father.

*Ring Ring*

I looked at the caller ID. 

아빠

[It means Appa in Hangul, Appa is Korean for father or dad.]

"Yeoboseyo? My Hyerannie?"

"Ye, Appa." I looked at the time on my watch. It is already 4 pm. "Have you taken your medication?"

"Of course I have. How's school?"

"Fine, I guess. They didn't recognize me because I was wearing glasses. They thought that I was a nerd by the name Song Hyeran."

"Really? Good that no one pestered you or my money will be used up again for you to change schools."  He mumbled the last few words but I could still hear it very clearly.

"What did you say, Appa?"

"N-nothing, I got to settle some stocks. Call you tomorrow."

"Eo, looking forward to your call at the same time tomorrow. I'm hanging up." I hung up and shrugged. He really does worries about me a lot...

I was going to enter the apartment building when I spotted a dirty lion plushie on the floor, the condition of the doll is still great but who could have thrown it down?

I bent and picked up the plushie, it is so cute. Could it be a random kid who threw it down by accident?

Who cares, I'm keeping it for myself. It could be added to my ultimate plushie collection and it would be good as new if I wash it. It is not like it couldn't be washed right?

I brought it back to my apartment and washed it thoroughly. Who could be so cruel to throw away this adorable plushie? I wouldn't forgive this.