Milkshakes and Hidden Love

"Jughead!" you made your way to your best friends usual booth at the Diner. He looked behind him and gave you a small smile, and then turned his head back towards his screen. You slid into the opposite booth and watched as Jughead stared down at his laptop, his green-blue eyes darting around across the screen. You admired Jughead in this moment, so concentrated and in his zone. You loved watching him write, it was one of your favourite things to do, although it didn't last long.
     "I know I'm ugly but there's no need to stare." Jughead said, looking up at you. You rolled your eyes and laughed.
     "I'm just trying to figure out what the hell went so wrong that caused you to look like that." you teased, and Jughead smirked.
     "Ouch." he faked offense, putting his hand on his chest. Closing his laptop, he slid to the edge of his seat and stood up. "I guess I should spare your poor eyes and leave." You shot up from your seat and stood in front of him.
     "Oh no you don't." you laughed, pushing Jughead back down. Jughead fell into the seat and looked up at you. His face had shock written all over it, but quickly turned into a mischievous smirk.
     "I always like it when a woman takes charge every once in a while." Your face turned crimson and you rolled your eyes. Jughead winked up at you, and you sat back into your seat and winked back. You both stared at each-other for a second or two, and the both of you burst out laughing.
     "You're so weird." you said, and Jughead shrugged his shoulders. "Anyways, like you would even know what it's like for a woman to 'take charge' of you, unless it was your mother." Jugheads face twisted.
     "Gross, definitely not an image I wanted." Again you rolled your eyes.
     "That's not what I mean, smartass." He laughed.
     "You don't know what I do on my free time Y/N. I could have the many ladies chasing after me over every night."
     "Oh whatever, all you do on your free time is get dragged around by me and write your novel." Before he had a chance to answer, a waiter came over and brought you your normal order. Every waiter already knew your order, a chocolate milkshake with whipped topping and 2 cherries. One for you, and one that Jughead always stole. Like clockwork, Jughead reached over and picked a cherry off the top of your shake, gave you a small smile and ate it. He threw the stem on the table.
     "You're right," he said chewing. "I only have time for one lady, and her name is Y/N."
Damn, you thought. You felt your cheeks burn and you looked over to the raven haired boy who sat in front of you. You knew you had liked him for what felt like forever. Hell it practically had been forever, it had been your whole life. But nerves always made it so you never tried to go beyond best friend. Maybe this smooth ass motherfucker actually loved you back!
"Well lucky for you, I only have time for one boy, and his name is Jughead." You smiled sweetly up at him and then took a sip of your milkshake.
It was Jugheads turn to blush, and boy did he. Jughead smiled down at the table in attempt to hide the blush rising up. Not a lot of people, or even things for that matter could make him happy, but Y/N never failed to. He glanced up to find her looking at him, her same beautiful smile plastered on her face. He got a warm feeling in his chest that he only got when he was around her, a feeling of pride that he put that smile on her, a warm sensation that he could only describe as love. He loved Y/N, he loved her a lot, but he was scared that she didn't feel the same way, that if he were to tell her she would push him away, and he'd lose his main source of happiness in his mess of a life. He couldn't bare the thought of-
"Jughead? Earth to Jones." Jughead snapped out of his thoughts and looked up. "Are you alright there?" you asked.
"I'm fine, I'd be great if you let me take a drink of your milkshake." he said, reaching for the glass. You pulled it towards you, narrowing your eyes and staring him down.
"But its mine." you said stubbornly, but Jughead caught onto the sarcastic tone in your voice. He stood up from his booth and sat on your side. He scooted over until you were pressed in between him and the wall. He put his feet up on the booth seat and leaned his back into you.
"Ouch." he said, squirming and pushing back against you. "These booths are not very comfortable. Dare I say they move and yell?" You pounded on his back, not hard enough to hurt him too badly, just enough for him to move.
"Jughead, get off me!" you laughed, punching him in the shoulder.
"They're abusive too." Jughead said, squirming against you. After another minute of teasing you, he moved over just enough so he wasn't pushing you against a wall, and you straightened your hair. You looked up at the boy beside you, as he sipped on your milkshake and you laughed.
"How the hell did you end up getting milkshake on your nose?" you laughed, picking up a napkin and reaching up to wipe his nose. "You're using a straw, this shouldn't even be possible."
"I don't know, magic maybe?" he teased. You chuckled and leaned your head against his shoulder and looked out the window. Somehow you hadn't noticed it started raining, and you watched as the rain drops rolled down the window. Jughead leaned his head on yours, and looked down at you, and then the window.
"Are you sure they aren't dating?" Veronica asked, putting her newspaper down on the table. Betty picked the newspaper up and shoved it back in Veronica's face.
"Yes I'm sure, and keep that up or else they'll notice us." Betty said, peeking through the eye holes cut out from her newspaper.
"These newspapers were printed before I even got here." Veronica said, looking through the paper. "Oh no, we cut the head off a puppy she when you made these!" She exclaimed and Betty shushed her. Veronica looked back up, and her and Betty watched as the two left the Diner.
"In the words of a dear friend, they are definitely end game." Betty whispered as she tried to look out the window.