Drive In Confessions

Word Count: 1,711
A/N: This was requested by NoaCohen17 on Wattpad, i hope this is what you wanted!

It was the last night that the Drive In was going to be open, and as expected Jughead was upset. He had been a mess all night, although Y/N was the only one who knew it, he wouldn't dare to show anyone else how he actually felt. They knew he was upset of course, but they never saw him cry over the matter like Y/N did, she was his absolute best friend and his crush. The Drive In had a final showing, and everyone left as soon as the movie was over, everyone except for Jughead and Y/N. They sat on the ground on a blanket discussing the next movie they were going to watch.
"Whats next?" Jughead asked quietly, and Y/N shrugged.
"Whatever you want Juggie, this is your night." she said tenderly.
"No, its our night, this was our favourite hang out and its about to be demolished. This is just as much your night as it is mine." he said, sniffling and trying to hold back tears. Y/N rubbed small circles on Jugheads back, and leaned her head on his shoulder, staring off at the screen.
"I honestly don't care what we watch, as long as I'm with you this night will be special." she said, and Jughead nodded, standing up. He held out his hand to Y/N and she took it, and he pulled her up. She stumbled and crashed into his chest and he caught her, chuckling and staring down at her. She backed away and tried to hide her crimson blush, brushing herself off.
"Whats so funny, Chuckles?" she said, and Jughead laughed even more.
"Whats so funny? Maybe the fact that apparently you don't know how to stand on two feet. Have you been standing long, princess?" he teased, and she blushed even more at the nickname.
"You're an ass, why am I friends with you?" she asked, walking towards the film room.
"Because I'm your ass." he called, walking after her. She stopped in her tracks and turned around.
"Wow, cringe alert." she said, and Jughead rolled his eyes.
"You know what I meant." he said and she shrugged.
"Do I really?" she teased and he gave her a slight shove.
"Yes, you know me better than anyone." he said in a serious tone, and she nodded.
"I better, I'm your best friend and I don't want any secrets between us." she said, and he nodded.
"Are you keeping any secrets from me?" he asked and she tensed up slightly.
"You don't need to know." she said, and grabbed her arm as she tried to walk away.
"Woah I don't think so, you just said there shouldn't be any secrets between us." he said, staring down at her.
""Are you keeping any secrets from me?" she asked cheekily, and he stared down at the floor. "Wow, your poker face really crumbles when it comes to me." she teased.
"Yeah whatever." he huffed. "We should probably get these secrets out of the way, shouldn't we?" he asked and Y/N blushed, slowly nodding her head. "Yeah, I guess." she looked up at the raven haired boy. "You should probably go first." she quickly added, earning a chuckle from the boy.
"Fine, I guess I will." slowly he walked the rest of the way to the little shack at the back of the Drive In and stopped in front of the door and turned to face the (Y/H/C) haired girl. "Please don't get mad at what I'm about to tell you." he said quietly, and she looked at him worriedly.
"Okay..." she said. Slowly, he opened the door to the little room and let her peer inside. Her eyes fell onto a small mattress with blankets and clothes on it. She saw a few pictures around the small place, and she turned to face Jughead. "Are you...?"
"Yeah." he said quietly. "You already know whats going on with my dad of course, but I got tired of it so I moved out. I didn't exactly have anywhere else to go so I came here."
"What do you mean you had no where else to go, you could of come to live with me!" she exclaimed, and she saw his face fall even more. "Im sorry, I didn't mean to yell, its just you could have come and stayed with me. You know that right?" she said quietly, grabbing onto his shoulder and forcing him to look at her.
"Your parents wouldn't of allowed it." he said, and it was her turn to spill a secret.
"About that.'' she said, giving a nervous laugh. "I don't exactly live with my parents anymore." she said, and he looked at her wide eyed. "Please don't tell the others, they'd take over my house and throw a party, and I cant stand seeing people at our school already, I don't need to hate them at my house as well." she said and Jughead laughed.
"I wont, I promise, but what do you mean you don't live with them anymore?'' he asked.
"Well, as you know my parents aren't all that great either. You know how they were never home and I practically take care of myself anyways, so I got a job and moved out of my house. I'm in a small two bedroom one bathroom apartment and its super cheap but kind of shitty but hey, its better than living with parents who don't care about me. At least this way I have a reason to take care of myself, and its my own roof so its my own rules." she said. Jughead slowly nodded his head.
"Why didn't you tell me before, you have to be careful Y/N, theres a murderer on the loose and having you alone scares me."' he said worriedly and she giggled.
"You're the one to talk, this place has the shittiest locks ever, I could kick down your door in .02 seconds. And I didn't tell you because I knew you'd freak out." she said, and he nodded his head in agreement.
"Touché." he said.
"Anything else you have to take off your chest?" she asked, leaning against the door frame and crossing her arms across her chest.
"Well, there is one thing, but I don't know if I want to say anything." he said and she rolled her eyes.
"Come on, you can tell me." she said, and Jughead sighed. "Wait, don't tell me, I think I know what it is."
""What?" he asked, tensing up. There was no way she would know, is there?
"You're an alcoholic." she said seriously, and Jughead shook his head. Y/N giggled. "I know that's not it, you're just taking way too long to tell me whats actually up."
"I didn't find it very funny." he said, staring down at the ground.
"Wow, and there goes your sense of humor. Seriously Juggie, whats up, just tell me." she pleaded. A sudden burst of confidence coursed through Jughead and he took a deep breath.
"Fine, here it goes." he started, and Y/N perked up. Jughead took a few steps forward until he was right in front of Y/N. His gaze fell upon her face, and she looked up questioningly up at him.
"Jughead, what's going on, I thought you were going to...'' she trailed off as Jugheads gaze went from her eyes to her lips, and she quickly caught on to what was about to happen. "Oh..." she said as he started to lean down. He paused right before his lips met hers.
"Are you sure?" he asked quietly, his breath fanning out across her face, sending shivers up her back. She stood on her toes, closing the gap between the two of them. They stood there for what felt like hours, his lips on hers. pouring every emotion they could into this one kiss. Y/N finally pulled away breathlessly, staring up at the handsome raven haired boy that stood in front of her.
"Thats quite a secret you've been holding onto." she joked, earning a smirk from Jughead.
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you were keeping the same one." he said, grabbing her hands and leaning down close to her again.
"Its a shame you didn't tell me earlier." she whispered and Jughead chuckled, moving to close the gap between them. She quickly pulled away, moving towards the shelves of movies, searching for one to watch. Jughead watched as she looked through the films, and she slowly turned around smirking.
"You're such a tease." he said, walking towards her.
"Not a tease, just impatient to watch our last movies here." she stated bluntly, still smiling. "We have our whole lives to celebrate our little secret, but we only have tonight to celebrate the Drive In." Jughead nodded, looking through the movies as well. He pulled out (Y/F/M) and showed it to her, and she lit up.
"My favourite!" she exclaimed, and he laughed. "Are you sure that's the one you want to watch?" she asked, and he nodded.
"I don't care what we watch, as long as I'm with you this night will be special." he said, and she leaned up and gave him a peck on the lips. Jughead set the movie up, and it started rolling.
"Well then, shall we?" she asked, holding out her hand.
"We shall." he said, taking it. They exited the small shack and Jughead turned to close the door.
"You do realize I'm being serious about you living with me." Y/N said, walking back towards their spot. Jughead watched her as she walked backwards, smiling at him. Sure he was heartbroken about this being the last night he had at the Drive In, but this night still was a good one. He may be loosing one important part of his life, but he gained another, and he felt like Y/N was going to make it all okay. For once in a long time, he felt happy, truly happy.
"I never doubted it." he called, jogging to catch up with her. She plopped down on the blanket and Jughead sat beside her, wrapping his arm around her. She snuggled into his side, and they sat there in silence, enjoying the last night there in eachothers company.