Homecoming Feelings

Word Count: 2122
     A/N: this was requested by DezzyisFab. This was an adorable request and I had a lot of fun writing it! I hope it's what you wanted!

     Homecoming was coming up, and the core five were buzzing with excitement. Well mostly all of them were, the one who wasn't too excited was Jughead of course. Dances just weren't Jugheads thing, a ton of sweaty, horny teenagers shoved into a gym with spiked punch and god awful dance moves, yeah no thanks. He would much rather spend his night in Pops and continue to write his novel like he did most nights.
     "So Y/N," Veronica's voice snapped Jughead out of his thoughts, and he turned his attention to the (y/h/c) girl sitting beside him. "Who are you going to the dance with?" she asked, raising her eyebrows at the girl, and the rest of the table listened in, including Jughead.
     "Oh, well um... no one. I don't even think I'm going to go." she said shyly, stirring her straw around in her milkshake.
     "Awe, why not? You sounded like you were excited just a few days ago." Betty asked.
     "Well, I don't exactly want to go without a date and I don't have anyone to go with. I just might stay in that night, do some homework, read a-"
     "I'll take you." Jughead quickly said, and Y/N turned wide eyed and surprised to the boy sitting beside her.
     "You will?" she asked.
     "Yeah, you will?" Archie asked as well, also very surprised by the raven haired boys offer. Jughead looked around the table to find everyone staring at him, and he rolled his eyes.
     "Of course I will, why are you all so surprised?" he asked.
     "I just never took you for a person who liked dances." Veronica said, sipping her milkshake.
     "I don't, I hate them." Jughead stated harshly. "But, if Y/N wants to go then I'll suck it up for one night." Y/N leaned her head on Jugheads shoulder and smiled up at him, causing him to tense up. Veronica and Betty looked at eachother and smirked knowingly at Jughead, and he avoided eye contact with them.
     "You're the sweetest Juggie!" Y/N exclaimed. "But I don't want to drag you there if you hate dances."
     "It's just one night, don't worry about it." Jughead assured her, and she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him, and he turned crimson.
     "How'd I ever get so lucky to have you in my life?" she gushed. Before he could answer Y/Ns phone then vibrated, and she picked it up at looked at her messages.
     "Oh fuck..." she mumbled, standing from the booth. "I uh- I gotta go. I just remembered I have a paper due by 11:59 tonight or its late and I can't get anything below an 80% on this or I'll most likely jump off a bridge." she said, taking money out of her wallet and throwing it on the table.
     "What's that for?" Archie asked as she put her wallet in her backpack.
     "My milkshake." she answered, and Archie picked up the $5 and tried to hand it back.
     "No, take it. Tonight is my treat to everyone." he said and she rolled her eyes.
     "Archie, you know I hate when people buy me things, I feel like I'm in their debt. Just take it please." she begged and he rolled his eyes and set it back down. "Thank you! Okay I'll catch up with you guys later!" she said, walking toward the door. "Much love!" she called, blowing a kiss to the table as she walked out the door.
     "So." Veronica said, turning her attention back to Jughead who sat looking out the window, watching Y/N as she disappeared into the darkness outside. "You're totally into her, aren't you Juggie?" she asked, causing Jughead to turn his attention to her.
     "What? No, absolutely-"
     "Yeah, he is. He told me." Archie laughed, and Jughead shot him a look.
     "What the hell man?"
     "I knew it!" Betty squealed. "You have to tell her."
      "I don't have to do anything except for live and die, everything else is an option." Jughead retorted and Veronica rolled her eyes.
     "Just tell her how you feel Jughead, she obviously feels the same!" Betty and Archie nodded their heads.
     "Tell her during the dance!" Betty exclaimed,and Veronica smiled big.
     "Yes! Do it!" she yelled. "It would be so cute, you two would be slow dancing, her arms wrapped around you neck and yours her waist-" Veronica started to ramble.
      "You looking lovingly down at her and she stared up at you!" Betty added. "And at the end of the slow song, you can smile down at her and just tell her how you feel!" Jughead collected his things and rolled his eyes.
     "I'm leaving." he said, and the girls just sighed. Jughead stood up from his seat and started for the door.
     "If you don't tell her, we will!" Archie called and Jughead turned around.
     "Like hell you will Arch, just remember, me and you share a room and I know where the shavers are." Archie ran his hand through his hair worryingly, and the girls giggled.
     "Don't worry, I'm sure he won't actually shave your head." Betty said.
     "God I hope not, I wouldn't hear the end of it from you two." Archie teased. Veronica took a sip from her milkshake and smiled.
      "Damn straight." she said.
                                  • • •
     "Y/N! Come down here, we want to see how you look!" Veronica called, sitting with her mother, Betty, Kevin, and Archie.
     "Coming!" she yelled. Y/N rounded the corner and came down the steps. There she was in a simple but beautiful strapless emerald green dress that was tight and glittery up top but fanned out around her waist and ended a little below mid thigh. Her makeup was simple except for her signature cat eye, and her hair was done nicely as well.
     "Oh my god." Betty whispered as she made her way down the steps.
     "Oh my god is right, Y/N you look amazing!" Veronica yelled, making her way to the (y/h/c) girl. Y/N smiled and blushed.
     "Awe thank you, but not nearly as beautiful as you and Betty." she gushed.
     "You are seriously slaying me right now!" Kevin said, walking over to her and examining her dress. "Green is most definitely your colour!"
     "Jughead definitely got lucky with you as his date tonight." Archie said, walking over to Y/N. "just wait until he gets a look at you!"
     "You guys are actually the sweetest!" she blushed, giving them all hugs.
     "Are you guys ready to go?" Hermione asked, and they all nodded their heads.
     "I believe so." Veronica said. "I love you mom, I'll see you soon." She called as they all walked to the door. They all jumped into Archie's car and drove to the school. The car was filled to the brim and electric with excitement.
     "Jughead said he'd meet us at the entrance of the school." Betty said, turning off her phone and putting it in her purse. Archie parked the car and they all filed out.
     "Look how pretty her dress sparkles!" Kevin said, and Veronica grabbed his arm and rolled her eyes.
     "I'm your date Kev, spend some time gushing over me." she laughed.
     "Veronica, you look absolutely stunning as always, my love." Kevin said and Veronica smiled big.
     "Thank you." Y/N noticed Jughead standing by the entrance, staring down at his phone. He was in a suit, which she had no idea he even owned and his grey beanie still adorned his head. Butterflies filled her stomach all the sudden, and she continued to walk towards him nervously.
     "Jughead!" Betty yelled.
     "Look at your hot ass date!" Kevin yelled as well, and Jughead looked up at Y/N. He froze in place as she walked up to him, and he swallowed hard.
     "Well aren't you going to say something?" Veronica asked, and Jughead shook from his trance.
     "I-uh. I mean, you look absolutely beautiful Y/N." he stammered and she looked at the ground, trying to hide her deep crimson blush.
     "Thank you, you look quite handsome yourself." she smiled, and it was Jugheads turn to blush.
     "Yeah okay, you guys are hot and all that. Now let's go inside!" Veronica said, pulling Kevin towards the door. Archie took Betty's arm, and Jughead held his hand out for Y/N, and she took it. They all made their way to the gym and slowly separated, Kevin and Veronica going straight for the punch, Archie and Betty going right to the dance floor, and Y/N and Jughead towards the side of the gym.
     "Thank you for being my date." Y/N said and Jughead smiled.
     "It was no problem, honestly."
     "But you don't like dances usually, so I don't want to force you into something you don't like." she said.
     "Really, don't worry about it. I'm actually having fun." He assured her, and she nodded.
     "Well good." she smiled. They sat there for awhile, talking and laughing, completely unaware that they were being watched by the rest of the crew.
     "Do you think he's told her yet?" Veronica asked.
     "No, I don't think so. They aren't acting any different." Archie said.
     "What do you mean?" Betty asked.
     "He isn't overly happy like one would be if they found out their crush liked them back, and he isn't completely crushed like one would be if they didn't."
     "Makes sense." Kevin nodded his head, taking a sip of his punch.
     "Well he better tell her soon, the dance is going to be over in an hour." Betty sighed, watching as Y/N laughed hard at something Jughead said.
     "He's not that funny, she definitely likes him." Veronica said, rolling her eyes and earning a laugh from Kevin.
     "Well those two have the same sarcastic, dry sense of humor, so whatever he said was probably funny to her." Archie commented, and Betty nodded. Just then, a slow dance came on throughout the gym, and they watched as Jughead held his hand out to Y/N.
     "Oh my god, he just asked her to dance!" Betty said excitedly.
     "Finally!" Veronica yelled. The four of them got into their pairs and started dancing, and watched as Jughead and Y/N awkwardly started to as well.
     "Hey Y/N, you're looking good!" Reggie yelled, and everyone's attention turned to her and Jughead. "When you want to dance with a real man, you're always welcome to come dance with me."
     "Don't worry about him, Juggie." Y/N whispered, looking up at him. Jughead rolled his eyes and sighed.
     "He's probably right, you'd have more fun with him anyways." he said.
     "Absolutely not!" Y/N said. "There is no one I'd rather be here with." She smiled up at him, and he smiled back down at her.
     "Y/N, there's something I've been meaning to tell you." Jughead said, the words spilling from his mouth before he even had a chance to realize what he was saying.
     "What's up?" she asked. Jughead took a deep breath, deciding it was now or never.
     "I really like you Y/N, more than a best friend." he said, looking down at her. He carefully read her facial expressions, and watched as a smile grew on her face and her eyes lit up.
     "I really like you too, Juggie."
     "You do?" he asked, very surprised.
     "Of course!" she nodded and laughed.
     "Well that's a relief, I was worried I was going to lose you." Jughead sighed, and she giggled.
     "You could never lose me, I'm here to stay." she smiled up at him. Jughead smiled down at her as well, and he slowly leaned down. Y/N met his lips, and smiled in the kiss.
     "Finally!" Veronica yelled, walking up to the two of them. They quickly pulled apart and blushed furiously. "You two were killing us, honestly. We were worried because we thought Jughead wasn't going to tell you tonight."
      "Well I'm happy he did." Y/N said, smiling.
     "Trust me, we all are. By the way, we were all invited to Cheryl's place after the dance and we are all going, so be ready." Veronica said, making her way back to Kevin.
     "I don't think we have a choice on whether we get to go or not," Y/N joked and Jughead nodded his head.
     "I think you're right."
     " well maybe we'll have fun." Y/ said, trying her best to be optimistic about it.
     "As long as you're there, I'll have fun." Jughead said and Y/N giggled.
     "So cheesy, but cute." she said.
     "Yeah, but you know you like it." Jughead said, grabbing her hands. Again they started to dance, enjoying the rest of their night.