Failed Surprise Date

Word Count; 1116
A/N: this was requested by wipity-whap-cut-the-crap from Tumblr! I hope this is what she wanted, it was fun to write!

"Look at them together! It's so cute it's almost disgusting!" Veronica said, pointing over to Y/N and Jughead standing together and laughing in the student lounge.
     "They are standing way too close to be just friends." Betty said, smiling at the two of them. She knew they both had feelings for eachother, it was quite obvious to everyone but they swore up and down they didn't.
     "You know, I think we should set them up on a date." Veronica smiled, an idea forming in her head. Betty's face lit up and she turned to Veronica.
     "We should! If you can get Y/N to Pops tonight I can ask Juggy to meet me there for a fake article for the Blue and Gold!" Veronica nodded her head, giving a slight laugh.
     "If we can get them both there, we'll make them sit together and we'll take our seats a few booths over so we know they didn't walk out on it." Veronica pulled out her phone and opened up her messages, pulling up Y/Ns name and started typing a text.
      "Alright, I just sent her a text to meet me at Pops at 7:30. Try to get Jughead there a little before then!" Veronica said, putting her phone back into her purse.
     "Alright! I can do that!" Betty said excitedly. She pulled out her phone and sent a text to Jughead telling him to meet her at Pops so they could work on an article for the Blue and Gold.
                              • • •
     "Hey Juggie!" Betty called from a booth near the back. Jughead made his way to the booth, carrying his laptop bag with him. He gave Betty a confused look as he noticed she had nothing but a small bouquet of roses.
     "Uh, hey Betty." Jughead took a seat and Betty smiled big at him, pushing the bouquet towards him. "Betty, I-uh... I'm flattered but-"
     "I'm not giving these to you out of affection." She laughed.
     "Ouch." he said sarcastically, taking the flowers and smelling them. "Why are you giving these to me then? And where is your stuff, I thought we were working on an article?"
     "You're going to give those flowers to Y/N when she gets here, and you're going to sit here and enjoy a date with her." Jughead smirked at Betty, giving a small chuckle.
     "Does Y/N know about this?" he asked, and Betty shook her head.
     "Nope, this will be a surprise date for her as well." she smiled proudly and watched as Veronica and Y/N walked through the door. She sprung up from her seat and sat down at a booth closer to the door, grinning at Y/N as she walked over to Jughead. He stood from his seat and held the roses out to Y/N, and she laughed.
     "Oh wow Juggie, are these for me?" she asked sarcastically, taking the flowers from him.
     "They sure are, Betty told me to give them to you for our surprise date." he said grinning.
     "Surprise date, huh? You really needed Betty and Veronica's help to get me here?" she asked, stepping up to Jughead and wrapping her arms around his neck. Jughead placed his hands on her waist and she giggled.
     "Apparently. I guess they don't think I was man enough to ask you out myself." he said, looking over to Veronica who stood there looking confused as all hell.
     "Wait, I thought you did 6 months ago?" she asked, pretending to be confused. "Or have I just been living in my dream world again?"
     "Wait what? You've been together for 6 months?" Veronica yelled, and Betty got up and walked over to the three of them.
     "Going out with me is apart of your dream world?" he asked, and she nodded her head. "Well no, it wasn't you dreaming, I think we are just very good at hiding our relationship." Jughead smiled smugly, leaning down inches away from Y/Ns face.
     "Oh my god." Betty muttered under her breath, staring at the two of them.
     "I think we are too. Now are you going to buy me a burger or what? I'm starving." Y/N teased and Jughead chuckled, looking lovingly down into her eyes.
     "God I love you." he said, and she blushed.
     "I love you too." She said, standing on her toes to close the gap between them. Veronica and Betty watched in amazement as the two of them kissed.
     "6 months, and we never caught on..." Betty whispered.
     "I have no idea how I didn't know, I'm usually so good with this stuff!" Veronica exclaimed.
"Don't feel too bad Veronica, we had all of you fooled." Y/N said, pulling back from Jughead and laughed.
"Thank you for the roses though Betty, would you like them back?" Jughead asked, handing the roses back to her. Betty took them, and handed them back to Y/N.
"No, these belong to her." Betty mumbled, still surprised. "So six months, huh?" Y/N and Jughead nodded their heads. "Oh. Wow, well congratulations. When were you planning on telling us?" Betty asked somewhat angrily. Jughead laughed and shrugged.
"I don't know, soon maybe. Don't get upset over it though, no one knew." Jughead said.
"Don't get upset? I'm your best friend, both of your best friends! I deserve to know about these things."
"Well, you never asked." Y/N said, grabbing Jugheads hand. Betty opened her mouth to say something, but stuttered on her words, not sure what to say.
"She makes a good point..." Veronica whispered, shifting on her feet.
"Well, do you guys want dinner? I'm buying." Y/N said, sliding into the booth and tapping the seats next to her.
"You are not buying, this is supposed to be a date, so therefore I'm buying." Jughead said, sliding in next to her. Y/N rolled her eyes and chuckled.
"Now it's a double date I guess, Betty, Veronica, you guys act totally gay around eachother and I'm almost positive you two are hiding feelings for eachother. Sit your asses down and enjoy your double date." Y/N pointed to the seats in front of her and the two girls sat down, blushing. Jughead laughed and pushed the roses to Betty.
"Give those to Veronica." he said, and Betty handed them to the raven haired girl. For the rest of the night, Y/N and Jughead sat side by side, holding hands under the table and watched as the blonde and the raven haired girl in front of them flirted and blushed, just as they had when they first got together. It was quite a fun night for the four of them.