Mercy

Word Count: 2290
A/N: Boy I posted twice in one day, bless up. This was requested oh so long ago and I feel awful it took so long, I hope it's what you wanted! Enjoy ;)

You've got a hold on me,Don't even know your powerI stand one hundred feetBut I fall when I'm around you     "I'm not going, period

Don't even know your power
I stand one hundred feet
But I fall when I'm around you
     "I'm not going, period." Jughead said, rolling his eyes and sipping on his chocolate milkshake. Archie sighed, obviously frustrated with the stubbornness of his raven haired friend.    
     "It's just one dance, I mean what's the worst that can happen?" Archie said, trying his best to convince him to come to homecoming with their friends.    
     "What's the worst thing that can happen? Just going to the dance sounds shitty enough to make me not want to go. Being cramped in a gym with a ton of sweaty teenagers, yeah no thank you." Jughead scoffed.    
     "It would only be for a few hours-"     "A few hours too many, I'd rather just not go at all." Jughead said, glaring at the red headed boy.    
     "I'm not going to be able to convince you otherwise, am I?" Archie asked, giving a defeated sigh.    
     "Nope. Sorry but I'm stubborn." Jughead smirked proudly, and Archie rolled his eyes. Y/N walked over to the table and took a seat next to Jughead, stealing a fry off his plate.    
     "What are you being stubborn about now, Juggie?" she asked.    
     "He refuses to go to Homecoming with Betty, Veronica, Kevin and I." Archie said. "Will you be joining us?"    
     "I'm not sure, I mean I don't have a date so it would be a little awkward for me, don't you think? she asked and he shook his head.    
     "Not at all, anyways I'm sure you can find one. You could probably get any guy in our school to take you if you asked." he said, winking at her.    
     "Yeah I doubt it."  she scoffed, but Archie nodded his head.    
     "Are you being serious? Y/N you walk around the school and get whatever you want with your little pout and eye-batting. Anyone who sees it just melts like ice in your hand." he said and Jughead nodded his head in agreement.    
     "Very true." Jughead said, mouth full of hamburger. Y/N rolled her eyes, but a smirk soon came over her face.    
     "You say anyone would listen to be if I just bat my eyes and pout?' she asked, and the two boys nodded. "Lets test it out then, on the most stubborn boy I know." she said, smiling mischievously. Jugheads eyes widened at the realization that she was talking about him and he quickly swallowed.    
     "No, its not going to work on me Y/N, don't even try!" he exclaimed, a slight panic settling in. Y/N turned to face the boy and Jughead sighed, he already felt defeat washing over him. Archie laughed and leaned back in his booth, getting ready for the show.    
     "Work that magic!" Archie laughed.    
     "Juggie" Y/N cooed, batting her eyes and giving a slight pout. "Will you be my most favourite person in the world and go to Homecoming with me?" she asked, and Jughead slumped in his seat.    
     "I don't know-I-I guess." he sighed, and Y/N smiled wide.    
     "What do you know, it does work." she giggled, and Archie nodded his head in agreement. She glanced over to Jughead who was still slumped over in his seat, looking defeated as ever. "You know Jughead, you really don't have to go with me, I can always find-"    
     "No." he said quickly, the word flying out of his mouth before he had a chance to help it. "I'll still take you, don't worry." he said, and Y/N smiled sweetly at him, making his cheeks burn red and his chest feel tight.    
     'oh god.' he thought to himself.
Show me an open door
Then you go and slam it on me
I can't take anymore
I'm saying baby
Please have mercy on me    
     "Hey Juggie." Y/N said, smiling ear to ear. Jugheads throat ran dry as he watched her turn in her dress, the emerald green fabric falling beautifully around her hips and the black fabric hugging her torso just right. He felt as his heart rate picked up and he hoped to god she couldn't hear it.    
     "Hey Y/N, you look beautiful." he said, and she hid her face slightly, hoping he wouldn't notice the blush on her face.    
     "Thank you, you look very handsome." Y/N gushed, walking up to him. "I especially love the beanie," she teased, straightening it on his head. "It looks quite nice with the suit." Jughead also blushed, smiling down at her.    
     "Thank you." Jughead said, holding out his hand. "Shall we go?" he asked, and she nodded, taking his hand. They walked out of her apartment, and the got into Archies car.    
     "You look great Y/N." Archie said, and she smiled up at him.    
     "You do too." she said, and he drove off. They made it to the school and went inside, the group separating. Jughead stood somewhat to the side and watched as Y/N danced to the music, laughing and having a good time. She quickly caught his gaze, locking eye contact and she motioned for him to come dance with her, but he shook his head.    
     "I don't dance." he mouthed, and she rolled her eyes, walking over to him.    
     "Well you do tonight, for me?" she batted her eyes again and Jughead smirked.    
     "Fine." he grumbled, pretending to hate it. They danced and laughed, and finally a slow song came on and she placed her hands on his shoulders. He slowly put his hands on her waist and they danced, looking up at eachother.    
     "Thank you for coming with me." she said quietly, and Jughead nodded.    
     "Of course, thank you for asking me." he said, and she laughed.    
     "Is this better than sitting at pops writing?" she asked teasingly, and he rolled his eyes.    
     "I don't know if I would go that far." he joked, and she faked hurt.    
     "Ouch, im offended." she said, and he laughed.    
     "I'm only teasing." he said and she nodded.    
     "I know." she leaned her head against his chest and they danced silently for the rest of the song, Jughead enjoying the feeling of having Y/N so close and Y/N secretly loving the feeling of Jugheads hands on her waist and the sound of his heartbeat ringing in her ears.    
     ''Maybe she actually likes me back. I mean she's very close, and she's acting like she might...' he thought to himself, his smile growing wider. The song ended and Y/N pulled away slowly.    
     "I'm going to go get some punch, okay?" she said, walking towards the table. Jughead watched as she walked away, and he started to think of his next plan of action, if she liked him he wanted to find out. He was going to come clean, it was about time she knew of his feelings, and it would be a perfect night to get together if she felt the same. He knocked himself out of his thoughts and looked over to the punch table, and his heart sank. Y/N was standing there laughing and leaning against Reggie Mantle, they looked like they were having fun. Jughead made his way through the crowd, deciding it would be better if he left, she would obviously have more fun with Reggie.
I'd drive through the night,
Just to be near you, baby
Heart old and testified
Tell me that I'm not crazy   
     It had been a week since homecoming and Y/N was absolutely pissed at Jughead. She had gone to the dance floor to find Jughead again, she was ready to tell him something that had been bugging her for awhile but he was no where to be found. She searched around for a half hour, looking around like a lost and confused puppy but the beanie clad boy was no where to be found. She quickly left the school and walked to her apartment, and she spent the night crying. He had left her, for no reason either. She thought he might of replicated her feelings, but obviously she was wrong.    
     He had texted and called her after the first few days of her not talking to him, but she ignored everything she got from him. She was livid, and she was scared that if she answered she would blow up on him and ruin any chance of reconciliation between them. vrrrm vrrrm vrrrm Another text message. She opened it before she realized it was from Jughead, and her heart sank.

From Juggie :) - Y/N please answer me, I miss my best friend. I am soo sorry for homecoming, please, I'll do anything to make it up to you.    

     She tossed her phone on the other side of the couch and slumped into her side, sighing and running a hand through her hair. What was she going to do? Its been a week and she'd be lying if she said she didn't miss him as well, but he hurt her. He left her, without an explanation or even a goodbye for that matter. She was about to turn on her tv when there was a knock at her door, and she got up from the couch to go answer it. She unlocked the door and opened it, and was surprised to see Jughead.    
     "So you are alive." he teased, and she rolled her eyes and started to close the door. He quickly stopped it, and stepped inside her apartment. "Please hear me out."    
     "Go tell Archie to take you back home, I'm not in the mood to listen." she snapped.    
     "Archie didn't bring me." he said, and she looked at him questioningly.
"You walked?" She asked, and again he shook his head.
     "I kind of took my dads truck." He admitted, and Y/Ns eyes widened.
     "You stole the truck!" She exclaimed, and he shook his head.
     "No, more like borrowed." he said, and Y/N sat back down on her couch.
"I still don't want to listen to what you have to say, I'm not exactly too thrilled with you." she said, and Jughead sighed.
"I'm sorry I left you at homecoming, look I was just pissed off-" Jughead started.
"You had no reason to be, we were having a good time, we were dancing!" she interrupted, anger bubbling up through her voice.
"You looked like you were having a lot better time with Reggie so I left you to it." Jughead exploded with jealousy, and Y/N laughed bitterly.
"Why would you be jealous of Reggie, he's Reggie, he makes everyone laugh. It's kind of his thing!" Y/N said and Jughead huffed out in frustration.
"I couldn't help it, in that moment I thought you would have a lot better of a time with him. I was jealous, call me crazy." Jughead yelled, and Y/N scoffed.
"Jealous for what? Why would you care?"

I'm not asking for a lot,
Just that you're honest with me.
My pride is all I got,
I'm saying baby please have mercy on me.

"Jughead just tell me what was so triggering for you, I don't understand why you're jealous." she said, trying to calm herself so she didn't lose Jughead because of her attitude.
     "I can't tell you that." he mumbled and she groaned.
     "Why not? You tell me everything, why should this be any different?" Y/N argued, she was getting annoyed and more hurt than angry now.
     "Just trust me, if I told you I'd ruin everything." He said, and she rolled her eyes.
     "You're ruining everything by not telling me, all I want is for you to be honest with me, I don't think I'm asking for too much, am I?" she said, trying to convince him to spill what was bothering him.
     "Y/N please just drop-" Jughead started.
     "Get out." Y/N said angrily, and Jughead looked confused towards her. "I don't want to hear it, you either come clean or you can leave. I'm tired of going up and down on this roller coaster of feelings that you throw me on, all I want is to know how you feel and get over it. You're killing me Jughead, so you either tell me or you can leave." She erupted, throwing her hands in the air.
     "I like you, okay? I have for a long ass time and I didn't know how to tell you! I was going to that night but I saw you with Reggie and I got hurt and I left, and I shouldn't have left because it hurt you, and I'm sorry." Jughead confessed, preparing himself for the rejection. Y/N made her way to Jughead and kissed his cheek, pulling back and smiling at him.
     "I like you too, Juggie. I have for a long, long time." she beamed, and he pulled swiftly into a hard bit passionate kiss.
     "I'm glad I got that off my chest." he admitted, and she laughed.
     "I am too." She pulled away from him quickly and her face went hard again. "I'm still pissed at you for hurting me, though. That was a dick move." she said, faking anger. Jughead caught on and smirked.
     "Is there any way I can make it up to you?" He asked, and she pretended to think.
     "There's one way," she said, sauntering over to him and his hands flew to her waist, gripping firmly. She leaned up and kissed him again, this time more slow and gentle.
     "I think I know what you're getting at." Jughead smirked, and Y/N nodded.
     "Good." she said, and Jughead picked her up, carrying her down the hall. There wasn't going to be any more mercy in that apartment tonight.