A Date Of Celebration

Word Count: 2374

A/N: Okay I wrote this in math and I'm not gonna lie, it's one of my favourite chapters I've ever written. I wanted something happy after my last update which was kind of sad, and I'm kind of sad, but this made me happier... okay I'll stop. enjoy and much love! (I posted this yesterday but it got unpublished??)

 enjoy and much love! (I posted this yesterday but it got unpublished??)

"This man..." Y/N mumbled to herself as she paced outside of Pops Diner, waiting on her boyfriend of two years to show up. Today they were supposed to be going on a date to celebrate their graduation of high school, and the next day they were supposed to celebrate with all of their friends. Jughead was late though, today, so late in fact that Y/N was wondering if maybe he had just forgotten about the whole thing.

"Y/N!" she heard someone call, and she turned around to see Jughead running up to the front of the diner, his hands shoved in his pockets. He finally got up to her and gave her a half hug, which Y/N thought was weird because he had never done that before and she noticed his left hand was still shoved in his pocket. She went along with it anyways though and decided not to ask questions, for it was a weird question to ask.

"Hey Juggie." she said, and he pulled away, smiling down at her. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm great. I'm sorry I'm late though, I ran into a situation..." he said vaguely, and she gave him a suspicious look, nodding her head slowly.

"Well.. okay then." she said, holding her hand out so he would take it, and he moved to her other side so he could take her hand using his right one. Again, Y/N was confused because his left hand was still shoved in his pocket, but maybe she was just being weirdly specific and detail orientated, so again she let it go.

"Lets go on then," Jughead said, the two of them entering the diner and taking their seat at their favourite booth. Pops looked over the counter, smiling and waving at the two of them, and they waved and smiled back, and Pops retreated to the kitchen, starting on their signature orders.

"We're done." Jughead said, breaking the silence that had fallen between them, and Y/N gave a dramatic sigh.

"Thank god, that place was awful." she said, and he nodded.

"Our own personal hell, as I like to explain it." he joked, making the two of them laugh. "You're lucky you weren't there as long as I was."

"Very, four years at Riverdale High sounds like the worst possible punishment for a crime." she teased.

"Now I think that's a little dramatic." he said, being sarcastic, and she narrowed her eyes at him, smirking.

"Was it really?" she asked, playing along. "Because I don't think it was." she said, giggling.

"But I mean, what was I expecting, it is you we're talking about." he added, shrugging his shoulders and her jaw dropped, and she started to laugh.