Belonging

Word Count: 3226

A/N:  I'm sorry i haven't been posting as much. I've been going through a lot and we're  nearing the end of the year but I'll keep trying to update! I miss you guys! let me know how you are in the comments, and let me know how you liked this requested story! Much love!

 I've been going through a lot and we're  nearing the end of the year but I'll keep trying to update! I miss you guys! let me know how you are in the comments, and let me know how you liked this requested story! Much love!

     The students of Riverdale High were all buzzing with excitement this early Monday morning

     The students of Riverdale High were all buzzing with excitement this early Monday morning. Usually, on any other day, the students inhabiting this school would be sleepily walking around the halls, murmurs and complaints filling the air as they shuffled to their morning classes. But this morning was different, the past Friday there was an announcement over the speakers that another student would be joining the school, another serpent, and that she was to be treated with respect like all the others or else punishments would be given. 

     Again, usually it wouldn't be much of a big deal to anyone, but the rumor was that this girl was Tall Boys daughter. It was said that he sent her off years ago to live with a family member that lived somewhere other than Riverdale because he thought she had too much potential to be tied to a group like the serpents and confined in such a small town like Riverdale. But apparently after weeks of her begging, she finally told him that she was coming back to take her place in the Serpents whether he liked it or not, and that if he decided to not take her in out of spite, she'd find a place to stay. And today was the day she was supposed to come, and the school was ready to see if she'd bring trouble about the place, just like her father bringing trouble about the town. 

     Cheryl pushed past a group of kids bunched around her locker, starting to put her books and bag into it. Just then, Toni rushed over to her girlfriend, grabbing her shoulder and catching her attention. "Have you seen her yet?" she asked excitedly, and Cheryl shook her head, closing her locker and leaning against it. 

     "No, not yet. I think we'd know if she had came through here by now." she replied, and Toni nodded slowly, crossing her arms. "I wish I could get this much attention from the kids in here, this girl is upstaging me and she hasn't even stepped foot on my turf yet." Cheryl said, giving out a frustrated huff as Toni smirked. 

     "Already jealous of the new girl, are we?" she asked, and Cheryl rolled her eyes. 

     "Not of the new girl herself, just the hold she has on my fellow peers. I bet once she arrives, they'll go back to being interested in only themselves, and of course yours truly. I can step out of the limelight for a few minutes, its not a problem." Cheryl said, sounding more like she was trying to convince herself more than she was trying to convince Toni.