Get It Together For Jug...

Word Count: 1518
     A/N: okay but on a real note if Jugs dad doesn't get his shit together then I pray he's good at catching because I will throw hands. I love Jughead too much to let him suffer. Lmao much love guys

     Laying on her bed, Y/N worked on a paper she was supposed to be writing for her english class. She couldn't focus though, her mind was racing with thoughts of her best friend, Jughead. Earlier that day he had confessed to her that his dad still hadn't gotten off his old bad habit of drinking even though weeks before he had promised to stop. Jughead had tried his hardest to believe his dad would get better for him and his family, but of course FP had disappointed him once again.
     It infuriated Y/N, her poor best friend deserved so much more in life and the fact that he had to suffer all because of his dads doings made her want to punch a wall. She cared for Jughead of course, he was her best friend, but there were other feelings involved as well. In fact she had been border line in love with him since the eighth grade, but she said nothing to him about these feelings in fear he didn't feel the same. She wanted nothing more but to protect him, shelter him, and make him feel the love he thought no one felt towards him.
     The anger that was simmering in her stomach now came to a full boil as she thought about how broken Jughead was earlier that day. He just wanted his family back together, he just wanted a normal teenage life, he just wanted to have a home but FP and his habits were prohibiting that from happening, and Y/N was sick of it. Quickly she jumped up from her bed, shoving her feet into some boots and throwing a coat on. She grabbed her mothers keys off the counter and stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind her. She knew she was going to get into trouble for slamming the door, leaving the house at 11:30pm, and stealing the car without asking, but she didn't care. She was furious.
     She sped down the road towards Jugheads house, lost in thought as to what she was going to say when she got there. Pulling up, she saw the lights on in the house so she knew he was awake. She turned off the car and stormed up to the door, banging loudly until it opened.
     "Y/N!" A very drunk FP said, surprise lacing his voice. "What are you doing here? You know Jughead doesn't live here anymore..."
     "I'm aware. He hasn't lived here in quite some time, wouldn't you say?" she asked angrily. FP gave her a confused look, as if he didn't understand the question. Judging by how wasted he was, it didn't surprise her that he didn't understand. She pushed past him, and now stood in the living room, staring down at the bottles and cans that littered the floor. She heard as the front door shut, and heavy steps came up behind her. She turned around to face the drunken man, and she let it all come out. She was pissed.
     "You promised!" she yelled. "You promised your son that you'd get your shit together, but look at you now! You're fucking wasted!" FP put his hands up, slightly shocked by her rage. "Your son needs you, he needs his family, and you're fucking it up for him! He wants you to get his family back together, he wants to not have to worry about having a roof over his head, or food to eat! Your son wants to be your first priority, but here you are picking alcohol over him!" She waved her hands behind her, motioning to the tens of bottles littered around the room, and FP became angry as well.
     "I would NEVER pick alcohol over my son, or my family!" he hissed, slightly slurring his words. Y/N angrily laughed, rolling her eyes.
     "I don't see your family here, FP. I don't see you making any effort to bring them here either. I don't see you welcoming them back into their own home and begging them to stay, I see beer bottles. I see vodka, I see whiskey, and I see a man who doesn't give a fuck about anything but his next drink." she sneered, and FP raised his hand, getting ready to hit her. Neither of them had noticed he front door open, and Jughead enter.
     "I fucking dare you to touch me." Y/N laughed. Jughead ran up to his dad and grabbed his hand, throwing it down to his side. FP drunkenly swung at his son, punching him across the face. Y/N ran up to FP and pushed him back, away from Jughead, and she grabbed Jugs face in her hands. It was then that FP got a good look at who he hit, and he was immediately filled with regret.
     "Oh god, Jughead! I'm so sorry buddy, I didn't realize it was you." he slurred, trying to get near him.
     "Don't fucking touch him." Y/N hissed, putting up a hand to stop him. She turned her attention back to Jughead, and tears rolled down her face as she saw his cheek turn bright red and start to swell. "Oh Juggie.." she whimpered, running her fingers across his cheek.
     "I don't know why you're crying." he teased, trying his best not to show he was in pain. "I'm the one who got hit." He winced as her fingers traced over his face and she quickly withdrew her hand, pulling him into a hug.
     "I'm so sorry." she mumbled against his chest, and he pulled back, looking down at the girl in front of him.
     "It's not your fault." he mumbled. "But what are you even doing here?" Y/N glanced towards FP, the bottles behind him and then back to Jughead. She turned her attention to the floor, and sniffled.
     "Trying to talk some sense into your jackass of a father." she whispered, and Jughead looked up at his dad, and then back to her.
     "Why?" he asked. "It's not because of what I told you today was-"
     "Of course it was!" she yelled. "But not just because of today, but because of the past few months! Jughead, you are an amazing person, and I absolutely hate that you're going through such a shitty time! I can't stand to see you so sad and upset lately, and it's all because of him!" Tears were falling freely from her face, and her voice was cracking.
     "I just want you to have a normal teenage life, with your mother, your sister, and your father because no matter how much I try I can't love and protect you like they can! I just want you to have a stable roof over your head and food in your stomach because you refuse to live with me and my family although we offered! I just want to see you with a smile on your face, and I just want you to be happy Forsythe! It breaks me knowing you aren't because I'm in love with you and I just want the best for you! So I thought if I came here-" suddenly Y/N was cut off by a pair of lips on her own. Shocked at first, she quickly melted into the kiss, her hands flying up to grab hold of Jugheads face, forgetting about his hurt cheek. He pulled back in pain, and she pulled her hand back.
     "Fuck I'm sorry Juggie." she apologized.
     "Y/N listen to me. You love and protect me more than anyone else, and you make me so incredibly happy. I love you too, and I know that you thought you could come here and yell some sense into my dad, and that was very sweet and thoughtful of you, but it won't do anything. I doubt he'll even remember any of this happened." Jughead muttered the last part, glancing over at his very drunk dad who was falling asleep standing up. He shifted his gaze back to the girl in front of him and he smiled. He winced at the pain of smiling, and Y/N stood up, helping Jughead to his feet.
     "Let's take you back to my place, put some ice on that, and watch a movie." she suggested, walking towards the door. Jughead grabbed her wrist and pulled her toward him, so that their faces were inches from eachother.
     "Thank you." he leaned down, glancing from her lips to her eyes.
     "For?" she asked, doing the same thing.
     "Looking out for me. At least I have someone out here who loves me and had my back. It makes me feel pretty great." he whispered, his lips brushing against hers.
     "I'll always be here, Jug." she whispered, finally connecting their lips. When they pulled apart, she smiled up at him and took his hand, walking him to the car. She drove him to her house, and after putting ice on his face and explaining to her mom the nights events, they finally settled on her bed to watch a movie where they fell asleep in each-others arms.