Jealousy Pt 9

Word Count: 3347

A/N: haha, she didn't delete this one in my French class! Enjoy guys, much love! Also, i'm very much considering putting all my jealousy parts into its own separate book, much to your request, my only worries is that not a lot of you will get the memo/know that i did so and i'll lose reads on it, ya feel me? Lol, well enjoy anyways, im really liking the twist im taking on this series but im still trying to keep the old feels as well!

     It was a quiet day in Riverdale, the rapids of Sweetwater River calmed to a slow and steady stream, the leaves on the trees stood calm, and the birds ceased their singing

     It was a quiet day in Riverdale, the rapids of Sweetwater River calmed to a slow and steady stream, the leaves on the trees stood calm, and the birds ceased their singing. All was oddly still, and no living and nonliving thing bothered to disturb it. Inside the Andrews house, Jughead sat writing on his laptop and Archie sat strumming his guitar, the boys were home alone due to Fred being out of town to meet with Archies mother. Together, the boys enjoyed the silence of the afternoon, that was until Jugheads phone rang loud, scaring the two boys half to death. Archie picked up Jugheads phone off the bed and looked at the caller ID, smiling softly to himself, it was Y/N. Sure, Archie was with Betty, but he couldn't help but still have feelings for the y/h/c girl, and calls from her were rare these days, and no one had physically talked to her face to face considering what happened to her a few weeks ago. It didn't deter her, the incident, she was still going as strong as ever to solve Jasons murder, but she hadn't talked to anyone about what had happened in the school. She knew who killed Jason, everyone knew she did, she just needed more evidence, evidence that wasn't purely circumstantial or just based off her word.
     Rumor was that she told Sheriff Keller who attacked her in the school that night, but he didn't listen to her. He wrote it off as a 'vision/hallucination based purely on adrenaline and fear', and sent her on her way. Keller wouldn't tell anyone who she had named the attacker, nor did he plan on it anytime soon. People were starting to think that he feared the murderer, of what this person could do. Around Riverdale, if you were of any higher status, you were now automatically a suspect.
     "Who's calling me?" Jughead asked, snapping Archie out of thought.
     "Y/N." he said, tossing the phone to the beanie-less boy. Jughead looked at the caller ID and his face lit up, she hadn't called him in days, and he was getting worried. He swiped to answer it, and brought the phone to his head.
    "Hey Juggie." Y/Ns voice rang through his ear, and he smiled.
     "Hey princess, how are you doing?" he asked.
     "A little sore, very tired, very hungry for a cheeseburger at Pops, and very much in need of a date. What do you say?" she asked hopefully, and Jughead chuckled.
     "Yeah, I'll see if Dilton wants to join you there, I'm assuming you don't have his number." Jughead teased, and he heard a giggle on the other end.
     "Sounds good, why have a writer when you can have a boy scout. Maybe he'll teach me how to shoot a gun."
     "Or tie a knot." Jughead said, earning another laugh from Y/N on the other side of the phone. "I'll meet you there in 15, sound good?"
     "Only if Dilton is there." She said, and Jughead rolled his eyes playfully.
     "Alright, see you then. Hey, Y/N, you remember that I-" before he could finish the sentence, the phone beeped, signaling that Y/N had hung up. "love...you..." he mumbled to himself.
     "Love you too, bro." Archie said teasingly, and Jughead rolled his eyes.
      "Not for you, Arch. That was for Y/N before she hung up on me." He said, grabbing his beanie from the side table and putting it on.
     "Did she sound better?" Archie asked, wanting to make sure Y/N was alright.
     "She did, but then again, Y/N is a terrific actress and liar, so I doubt she's okay. But I'll find out for sure when I meet her at Pops." Jughead said, and Archie nodded.
    "Please keep me updated." Archie asked, and Jughead eyed him suspiciously.
    "You're done with Y/N right, you know she's with me, and I'm planning of having it that way for the rest of my life." Jughead stated protectively, and Archie felt his heart drop a little bit, but he didn't want to show it. He threw his hands up in surrender and gave a half-heartedly chuckle.
     "She's one of my best friends Jug, I just want to make sure she's alright. The whole town is on edge that she'll be the next Jason Blossom, and I'm sure she thinks she will be too, just take care of her." Archie said, sighing. Jughead nodded slightly and reached for his shoes.
     "I'm sorry, Arch. I don't know what got into me there, I shouldn't have started accusing you of things. You're with Betty now, and I guess I just-"
     "You don't have to explain yourself, just make sure she's okay, please." Archie said, and Jughead put his shoes on, making his way out of the room.
     "Always." Jughead called, running down the stairs and out into the cold, autumn afternoon. He started walking down the street, his hands in his pockets and started thinking on how he was going to ask if she was alright. He knew it was going to be a sore subject, but he needed to know the details so he could put them in his book. He had been having such bad writers block, and he knew that if he only knew what happened in the school that night, it would add special, specific details that the story needed. He also wanted to know what happened to his girlfriend, he loved her and wanted to make sure she was alright, and wasn't too traumatized. He was scared for her, and he was scared for the town. He turned the corner and started walking by Y/Ns apartment building, looking up to where her bedroom window was, and saw no one in there. She had beat him to Pops for sure.
     He made it to the brightly lit diner and opened the front door, looking around. He saw Y/N staring right at him, and she gave him a smile. He could tell it was forced though, he knew her well enough to know when she was upset. He made his way over to the booth and she stood, walking towards him as well. Jughead opened his arms, and she flew into them, wrapping her arms around his neck and he wrapped his around her waist, picking her up and holding onto her as tightly as he could.
     "I missed you." She whispered, her voice muffled into his shoulder. "I love you."
     "I've missed you too, more than you could know." He said, putting her down on her own two feet and releasing her only slightly. She leaned up and kissed him, and he gladly kissed back, her hand coming up and holding his face. They finally broke apart and took a seat on one side of the booth, his arm draping across her shoulders and she snuggled into him. He gave her shoulders a squeeze, and she squeaked out in pain, making Jughead quickly retract his hand and look worriedly down at her.
     "Don't worry about it." She quickly said, looking up at the worried raven-haired boy.
     "No, I hurt you-"
     "it was an accident, my back is still a little sore from being used as make-shift whiteboard, that's all." She said, and he nodded slowly.
     "Is it healing nicely?" he asked, and she turned, lifted her shirt to show only the bottom half of her back. Jughead saw the marks of the cuts, the stitching they had to do were now gone and it was healing on its own, scarring over in some places.
     "I think I'm going to have the letters J.K permanently etched into my skin." She half-heartedly joked, trying to make some light of her awful situation, but Jughead frowned, he could hear the hurt and sorrow behind her joke. She was going to forever be reminded of her traumatic experience because it was forever going to be a part of her back.
     "I'm sorry Y/N, I really-"
     "Don't be, this is not your fault." She quickly interrupted, and Jughead frowned even more.
     "If only I had gone with you, I could have protected you or-"
     "Jughead, this is not your fault, you couldn't have done anything to protect me!" she snapped, and Jughead shut his mouth, silence falling in between them for a moment. "Juggie, if you try to protect me, you're going to get hurt too. I can't... I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you, you have so much to live for." She whispered.
     "So do you." He said quietly, and she shook her head.
     "I'm as good as dead, he made it quite clear of that in the school that night." She quickly said, tears starting to form in her eyes.
     "What happened in there?" Jughead asked quietly, and she shook her head again. "Look, you don't have to tell me, but you need to tell someone-"
     "I tried, I told Sheriff Keller and he called me delusional and a liar." She spat, but Jughead wasn't giving up.
     "I won't though. I'm not a dick, at least not to you. I love you, Y/N, and I only want to help you, and it would help me, help you to know what happened in there." He said softly, and she looked up at him, tears falling from her face now. She slowly nodded, and Jughead smiled softly, taking her hand in his and rubbing circles on her knuckles slowly.