Jealousy Part 7

Word Count: 1595
A/N: Ahhhh here's the 7th part of Jealousy! Sorry it took forever I'm packing to move and still sick! A lot of you are asking for me to make this into a separate book and I just might! But enjoy this, much love ❤️

"I'm aware." Y/N snapped, and Archie threw his hands up in surrender. "Archie you helped Jughead and I realize we were in love with eachother, now it's our turn to repay the favor." Jughead and Y/N stood from the bed, and stared Archie down.
     "Andrews, are you in love with Betty?" Jughead asked.

• • •

"Thank you for meeting me at Pops, Betty!" Y/N beamed, standing from her booth and embracing the blonde.
"Absolutely!" Betty smiled. "I wouldn't of missed it for the world." The two girls sat down and ordered milkshakes and fries, starting up small talk, but Y/N had a different, more pressing conversation in mind.
"How's Polly doing?" Y/N asked, and Betty gave a forced smile.
"She's... holding up. Veronica has been taking good care of her, but she's still pretty heartbroken over Jason." Betty confessed, fidgeting with her hands. Y/N didn't mean to make the poor girl uncomfortable, but she needed a way to start up the conversation she wanted to have.
"I don't blame her, poor girl. She's been through a lot. I'm really glad Veronica is being helpful, though. The more hands on deck, the better we can protect her and the baby." Y/N said. She reached over, and grabbed Betty's hands, and Betty looked up at her.
"I want to help too, whatever i can do to lend a hand. You name it, I've got it, okay?" Y/N offered, and Betty smiled.
"Thank you, Y/N. I don't know what I'd do without you, you really are one of my best friends." Betty said, and Y/N returned the smile.
"Betty, can we talk about Jughead and Archie?" Y/N asked. Betty visibly tensed, and Y/N watched as she realized she knew about her texts to Jughead.
"You saw?" Betty asked quietly, and Y/N nodded her head, giving a small smile but Betty could see the hurt behind it.
"Y/N, I'm so so sorry! We've been spending so much time together lately, Jughead and I, and I guess I just started to develop a little crush! And when he kissed me in the spur of the moment, for a second I finally felt like I was wanted! But I immediately felt bad for it, so did Juggie! We both agreed it was a mistake but I guess I couldn't get over it. I didn't mean to betray you I just-"
"Woah, woah hold up!" Y/N interrupted Betty's fast rambling. "Betray me? You didn't betray me Betty, I get it." Betty looked at her confused, and squinted her eyes.
"You're not mad?" she asked in disbelief. Y/N gave a small laugh, and shook her head.
"No, I'm not mad. Not even disappointed." She joked, and Betty gave a breathy laugh.
"I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your surprising kindness and understanding, but why aren't you mad?" she asked. The waiter brought their milkshakes and fries over, and Y/N popped a few in her mouth and sipped on her milkshake before answering Betty.
"I'm not mad because I get it. I don't mean to bring up sore subjects, but after Archie rejected you, I feel like you wanted to feel wanted by someone, I mean you said it yourself. Jughead was convenient, he was also having love trouble and was spending a lot of time around you-" Betty stood up and collected her things.
"I've heard enough." she mumbled, walking out the door of Pops. Y/N got up and chased after her, stopping her in the parking lot.
"Betty, what's wrong?" Y/N asked. Betty turned around and sighed.
"I don't need your pity forgiveness because you think I'm still hung up on Archie. He doesn't love me, I get it! I've gotten over it and we are just friends now. Did you ever stop to think that maybe I wanted to be with Jughead not as a rebound but because I actually liked him?" she asked. Y/N shifted on her feet, and her hands fell over her face.
"Betty, it's okay if your still into Archie, nobody is judging you." she sighed, even though it was dark, Y/N could see she rolled her eyes.
"I'm not into Archie!" she yelled. "Just drop it!" Betty started to storm off, and Y/N had to make a quick decision.
"What if I told you Archie was in love with you?" Betty stopped in her tracks and turned around.
"I'd call you a liar." Betty snapped. Y/N ran up to Betty, and grabbed her arm.
"I wouldn't lie to you, Betty. He told me and Jughead he was. He panicked that night after the dance, and when you slammed the door in his face, he debated knocking on the door to tell you. He didn't do it though because he was afraid you wouldn't believe him, and he thought he had already did enough damage." Betty stared at Y/N in shock, wracking her brain for the right words to say but nothing came to mind.
"How do I know you aren't just telling me this to make me feel better about Jughead choosing you?" she questioned lightly, and Y/N rolled her eyes.
"What did I just tell you, I would never lie to you!" Y/N exclaimed and Betty looked down at the ground.
"Why would he tell you this?" she asked.
"He came to my house right as Jughead and I became, official I guess, and he tries to win me over. We were talking to him and he finally spilled." Betty shook her head slowly, trying her best not to get excited over what she was hearing but Y/N could see her poker face fading.
"Betty look at me, please." Betty looked up at Y/N, and tried her hardest to look for any signs she was lying. She searched her eyes for deceitfulness but saw none, and a small smile crossed her face.
"So Archie does like me, huh?" she said softly, and Y/N chuckled.
"It seems that way." Y/N said, and Betty hugged her. "Now can we go back inside, I invited you to Pops for a reason, and it was so I could eat while talking to you." Betty laughed.
"I swear to god you're just like Jughead sometimes." she joked and Y/N giggled, following the newly Happy blonde into the diner.
"I am not!" she called. The two took their seats once again, sipping on their milkshakes and Y/N called the waiter over to order a burger.
"So," Y/N said, turning her attention over to Betty. "How about we invite Archie and Jughead to meet us here?" she asked. Betty smiled down at the table, and nodded her head.
"Let's do it. But you have to text him, I have a feeling he'll come for sure if you do it." Betty said, eating the fries. Y/N pulled out her phone and sent a group text to both Archie and Jughead.

Me: Bets and I are at Pops, you two should come join us. My treat!

Y/N looked up from her phone and set it down on the table, smiling at the bubbly blonde in front of her. "It's done, I texted them."
"Knowing them, you should get a text any-" Betty was cut off my the vibrating phone on the table, and Y/N picked it up to see it was from Jughead. Y/N frowned at the phone, noticing it wasn't a text from the group chat, meaning he had something to say and didn't want Archie to see.

Juggie <3: We have a little bit of a problem... Archie's phone is here at his house but I don't know where he is. He's not here.

Y/N frantically texted back, worry starting to set it. Betty noticed that her demeanor changed from happy to something not so good, and started to question her.
"What's wrong? Can they not make it?" she asked.

Me: Should we call someone? I'm worried now because there's a killer on the loose and I don't want anything happening to him...

Juggie <3: let's first check all the places we'd think he could be. If he doesn't turn up, we call someone.

Me: does Fred know?

Juggie <3: no, he doesn't need to either, he'll just want to call the sheriff.

Me: Juggie, that's his dad, he needs to know. Tell him please, just let him know of the plan. I'll get Betty and we'll go check our houses first and then the school. Maybe he went looking for us, or he's blowing off steam on the football field, I don't know...

"Bets, we need to go." Y/N said shoving her phone in her pocket. She pulled out some cash from her wallet and threw it on the table and rushed over to Pops. "Hey, can you just put my burger in a to-go container, I'm gonna come get it later, I've got to go do something." She smiled and Pops nodded his head. Y/N dragged Betty out of the diner and Betty stopped in front of the door.
"Y/N! What's going on, what's wrong?" Y/Ns phone buzzed again, and she looked at the message.

Juggie <3: I've already messaged Veronica and even Kevin to come help us. Fred knows too. Message me if you get anything. I love you.

"Y/N! Tell me what's going on now!" Betty yelled.
"We don't know where Archie is, he's disappeared."