Babysitting Accident

Word Count: 3097
     A/N: this was requested! It's kinda long ooops, I was having a hard time finding inspiration for this but I got it done and I hope it's good! Also I don't know what to name the nephews soooo oops Much love!

     Word Count: 3097     A/N: this was requested! It's kinda long ooops, I was having a hard time finding inspiration for this but I got it done and I hope it's good! Also I don't know what to name the nephews soooo oops Much love!

     "Good morning, Mrs. Cooper." Y/N said cheerily as the blonde mother opened the door.
     "Oh thank god you're here so quickly." she said, pulling on Y/Ns arm and bringing her into the house. "You know I'm glad you're so reliable, always on time, always willing to help." Alice said as she was dragging Y/N to the kitchen, and when they finally stopped, she turned and looked at the (y/h/c) girl in the eye, brushing some hair out of her face. "That's why you're my favourite friend of Bettys, you're almost like a daughter to me."
     "Oh, thank you Mrs. Cooper-" Y/N started, smiling softly.
     "Oh please, what do I always tell you, call me Alice." she said, and Y/N nodded.
     "Okay, well thank you Alice. Where's Betty at?" She asked, and Alice turned and looked around the kitchen, noticing the blonde wasn't there.
     "Betty! Please bring your nephews down stairs please, we have to go!" Alice yelled, and then turned back to Y/N. "I really appreciate you offering your help watching our nephews while Hal, Polly, Betty and I run out for the day."
     "I-uh, I'm watching your nephews?" she stuttered, and Alice looked at her confused.
     "Was this not why you came over? I thought you knew." she said, slight worry in her voice, something Y/N had never heard before. Betty then entered the kitchen with two small boys, and Y/N sent a questioning look Betty's way, and she returned with a pleading one. Y/N faced Alice again, giving a playful smile.
     "I'm just teasing, of course I knew." Y/N said, giving a breathy laugh as relief washed over Alices face.
     "Oh, okay." Alice said, giving a slight chuckle. "You really had me there, a good actress you are." Alice turned to look at the clock on the oven, and she panicked slightly. "Okay gang, we need to go, now!" she demanded, storming out of the kitchen, leaving just Y/N, Betty and the two boys.
     "Betty, what the hell?" Y/N said, her fake smile replaced with a frown.
     "I'm sorry! Look my mom was getting on my case about hiring a babysitter for today and I forgot, so when she asked me this morning I panicked and called my most reliable friend, you." Betty said, giving a smile to try to top off her flattery, hoping Y/N wouldn't be too mad.
     "You told me to meet you here so we could go to Pops for breakfast and to work on our articles for the Blue And Gold, not babysitting!" She said, slightly annoyed.
     "If I told you I wanted to watch my nephews all day on a Saturday, would you have come?" Betty asked, and Y/N rolled her eyes, giving her best 'what do you think??' face. "Exactly! My mom would have killed me if I didn't have a babysitter, I'm sorry! Just please do this, for me?" Betty pleaded, and Y/N sighed, looking at the two boys who were staring between the two girls.
     "Fine." Y/N agreed, and Betty smiled, opening her mouth to say something but was cut off by Alice yelling for her and Polly.
     "Come on girls, we have to be there by a certain time, and Coopers are never late. It's bad for the family name, now hurry outside." she yelled.
     "Just go before your mom had a mental breakdown about punctuality." Y/N said, earning a chuckle from Betty.
     "I owe you a milkshake." Betty said, making her way to the front door.
     "You owe me several, this is a Saturday in my teenage life I will never get back." She teased, and she heard as Betty giggled on her way out of the front door, it closing behind her.
"What's your name?" one of the boys asked, turning Y/Ns attention towards them.
"I'm Y/N, what are your names?" She asked as sweetly as she could, and the boys smiled slightly.
"I'm Thomas." the blonde one said, turning towards the brown haired boy. "And this is Theo, he's really shy." Y/N nodded and set her bag on the counter, then she kneeled down so she was face to face with the boys.
"Are you two brothers?" she asked, and Thomas nodded.
"Twins too." he replied, and Y/N smiled. "Our momma left us with Aunty Alice while she goes on a trip. Don't tell Aunty Alice, but she's not that fun, she's very strict." Y/N laughed and so did the two boys.
"I know, I spend a lot of time with your Aunty Alice, but once you spend more time with her she's a lot more fun to be around." Y/N said, and the two boys nodded.
"Do you spend a lot of time with her because she's Betty's mom?" Theo asked quietly.
"Well kind of, see I don't have a family, so your Aunty Alice and Uncle Hal became my family, although don't tell Uncle Hal this, I don't like him." Y/N said, and the two boys looked at her sadly and confused.
"Why don't you have a family?" Thomas asked, and Y/Ns face fell a bit, wracking her brain for a way to explain to these boys her situation.
"Well, I left them. Everything they were doing and making me do was too much, so I went away." Y/N explained, and the boys nodded, looking sad, and she decided she needed to change the mood. "I know Aunty Alice has a Wii U in the living room, how about you go in there and wait for me to set it up while I go make a call real quick, okay?" she asked and the boys excitedly ran to the room. She picked her phone up off the counter and dialed for Veronica.
'Y/N, why are you calling me at 9:30 on a Saturday?' Veronica's voice rang through the phone, and she snickered.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you-"
"There's no need to apologize, I needed to get up anyways, my mom and I are going to brunch with some of her high school friends, and then I'm going out shopping with Ethel." Veronica said excitedly, and Y/N sighed.
"Damn, okay." she said, drumming her fingers on the table."
"What's wrong? You sound like I just crushed your dreams." Veronica teased.
"Nothing, I was just going to ask if you could come help me with babysitting Betty's cousins." Y/N said disappointedly.
"Why do you need help? I'm sure you've got it, you must be good with kids." She asked confused, and Y/N scoffed.
"I've only been with them for 3 minutes and I've already made them depressed." Y/n said, and Veronica sighed on the other end.
"You told them about your family situation, didn't you?" she asked, Y/N rolled her eyes.
"Of course I did, they asked and-"
"Just because they asked doesn't mean you need to tell." Veronica said, and Y/N huffed, annoyed by Veronica's logic although it was correct.
"Well what am I supposed to do now?" She asked, and Veronica thought for a moment, a silence falling between them.
"I'll send Jughead to help." Veronica suggested, and Y/N felt her stomach flutter, and a little bit of panic set in.
     "I don't know about that." Y/N said, her fingers now drumming on the counter out of anxiety.
"You'll be fine, honestly you need to get a better handle on your crush. Now I have to go, I'll text him to go over to Betty's to help you, have fun!" Veronica said, and before Y/N could argue Veronica hung up.
     "Oh god." She sighed, making her way into the living room.