You're Gonna Get Sick

Word Count: 1190
     A/N: this was a cute request and I hope I wrote it well for you! Sorry about my inactivity. I'm trying to move and it's super stressful and time consuming but I'm gonna get onto writing more. Much love

     Y/N ran through the rain, holding her coat over her head in an attempt to stay dry. Of course tonight was the night she decided to go with a lighter jacket, one without a hood unlike the jacket she usually wore. So now here she was, feeling her cheeks burn with embarrassment because she thought for sure she looked like an idiot running through the pouring rain with a coat over her head. She finally was almost to her apartment building when she noticed a dark figure sitting on the steps. Fear and curiosity hit her all at once, wondering why someone would sit out in the open rain and who the mysterious person could be. She slowed her running, proceeding with caution. As she neared the person, she recognized the grey beanie sitting upon the persons head and saw that it was her best friend Jughead. He looked up and saw her approaching, and stood from his seat on the steps.
     "Jughead, what are you doing out here?" Y/N yelled, running up to the beanie clad teen. He gave her his signature smirk, and walked down the remaining steps.
     "I was just waiting for you." he said. Y/N noticed he was absolutely soaked, his clothes dripping, although she wasn't completely dry either so she couldn't judge too harshly.
     "Jughead, you're soaked! You're going to get yourself sick! Why were you waiting for me out here?" she asked, worry present in her voice. Jughead smiled hearing it though, she was one of the only people who ever worried about him. It made him feel good.
     "Well I can't exactly get into the building without living there, so I had to wait out here." he said, giving a slight chuckle. Y/N noticed as he shivered, and she realized how cold he must be. She took the jacket she was holding over her head and placed it around his shoulders.
     "You're freezing! You're going to get yourself sick Jughead, I'm sure whatever you were waiting for me for could have waited until it wasn't pouring." she mumbled, pulling the jacket tight around him. She looked up to meet his eyes and realized how close she was to him. He was already staring down at her though, something sparkling in his eyes and a small smile adoring his face. Y/N chewed on her cheek, trying to push back a blush she felt threatening to show.
     "You know you're cute when your worried about me." Jughead said, catching Y/N off guard.
     "I-uh. What?" She stuttered, taken aback by the comment.
     "I came here because I wanted to tell you something. I rang the buzzer to your apartment and when no one answered I decided to wait for you. It wasn't raining when I made that decision." he said, earning a small laugh from her.
     "You should have gone somewhere dry when it started." she tried to scold, but he rolled his eyes.
     "No, what I have to tell you is important. So important in fact that I don't care if I get sick from waiting." he said, pulling Y/N closer to him. Her breath caught in her throat and she stared wide eyes up at him, waiting for his next move because only the lord knew she was too scared to make a move herself.
     "Y/N, I've been worrying myself sick anyways trying to read our relationship. I was so scared that if I did what I'm about to do, that I'd fuck everything up and I'd lose you forever. But I'm tired of hiding how I feel about you, I'm in love with you." Jughead said, confidence and affection laced in his voice. Y/N smiled wide, placing her hand on his cheek and pulling herself up to meet his lips. He smiled into the kiss, and held her by the waist. The kiss was slow and experimental, neither of them had kissed eachother before so it was a bit awkward. When they pulled apart, Y/N giggled as rain dropped off their faces.
     "You're so cliche." she teased Jughead. "Confessing your love for me in the pouring rain."
     "Hey, you're the one who decided to kiss me in it so you're just as guilty." he laughed and she rolled her eyes, standing on her toes to kiss him once more. This time it was more passionate and loving, their lips seeming to be the perfect matching puzzle pieces. It felt so completely right. Jughead pulled back, resting his forehead against Y/Ns and he stared lovingly down at her.
     "Oh, I don't think I've said this yet, but I love you too." Y/N said quickly, earning a laugh from Jughead. Somehow, the rain started coming down harder and Y/N ran to the door of the building, using the code to open the door to let herself and Jughead in. She turned to see if the raven haired boy was following her, but he wasn't. Instead he was standing out in the rain still, staring up at her.
     "Stop staring and come inside! We need to get you out of those wet clothes!" she laughed, motioning for him to walk through the door. Jughead raised his eyebrows at her and smirked.
     "You want to get me out of my clothes already? I mean we just had our first kiss, you might want to slow down there." he teased, winking up at her. She blushed furiously and rolled her eyes.
     "I mean we're getting you into some dry clothes so you don't get a cold, dumbass." She joked and he walked up the steps and inside. For a minute they just stood in the hall creating a puddle in front of the door. He held out his hand and she took it, together they walked to her apartment and she opened the door, letting the two of them in.
     "To my bedroom." She said, pulling him along.
     "What did I just say about taking things slow?" he said and she turned and punched him in the arm.
     "Keep dreaming." She retorted and Jughead chuckled. She went to her drawers and started rummaging around.
     "I will." Jughead said and she turned and threw flannel pants and a sweatshirt at him. "Why do you have men's clothing?" He asked, looking at the clothes she threw at him.
     "They're baggy and comfortable. Lots of room for activities." she joked, picking out a pair of pjs for herself. Jughead laughed, looking at the beautiful soaked girl in front of him. He then sneezed, feeling a bit woozy.
     "Bless you." Y/N called over her shoulder. Aaah-chooo! Y/N turned around, and walked over to Jughead, placing her hand on his forehead.
     "Oh god Juggie, you're sick already! What did I tell you!" she scolded. "Get out of those clothes and I'll go make you some tea!" she said, discarding the dry clothes she was going to put on and turning to go to the kitchen. Jughead watched as she left, and he smiled. So what if he got a little cold, tonight was definitely worth it.