Who Cares You're A Serpent?

Word Count:2780

A/N: This one was requested multiple times, a serpent!Jughead x reader with a touch of upset betty,  and i hope i did you guys justice, and this is what you wanted! enjoy! much love!

Vvvrrrmmm Vvvrrrmmm Vvvrrrmmm    Y/N slowly opened her eyes, the vibrating noise from the table waking her up

    Y/N slowly opened her eyes, the vibrating noise from the table waking her up. She looked around and found herself on her couch, the TV blasting Family Guy throughout the small apartment. She must have fallen asleep after the jubilee, it was a tiring night and she didn't exactly have all that great of a time. Too much seeing Jughead, the boy she had been helplessly in love with for months, being all couple-y and cute with Betty.
Vvvrrrmmm Vvvrrrmmm Vvvrrrmmm
    She looked over to the coffee table in front of her and her phones screen was lit up, showing that she had an oncoming call from Betty. She picked up the phone and swiped to answer it. "Hey B, what's up?"
    "Where have you been? I've been trying to get ahold of you for about a half hour now!" she yelled, and Y/N started to feel worry set it, Betty sounded panicked.
    "I fell asleep on my couch, I'm sorry." Y/N stuttered.
    "I thought you got shot too!" Betty yelled, and panic shot through Y/N. She stood from her couch and started running for her shoes.
    "Who got shot? What the hell is going on?" she yelled, anxiety coursing through her voice and body.
    "A lots going on, Fred got shot in Pops just about a half hour ago, he was in critical condition when the ambulance picked him up, and Archie is a mess. Not only that, but Cheryls house caught on fire, and Jughead joined the Southside Serpents." Bettys voice rang through Y/Ns ears.
   "Oh my god. What the hell is happening to this fucking town!" Y/N yelled, running out of her house, her dress flying around in the windy night. She started to walk towards Jugheads trailer, thankfully it wasn't too far from her shitty apartment.
    "Can you talk to Jughead, tell him that this whole Serpent thing isn't a good idea, he won't listen to me for whatever reason, but maybe he'll listen to you." Betty pleaded, and Y/N rolled her eyes although no one was there to see it.
    "You're his girlfriend and he didn't listen to you, what makes you think he'll listen to me?" Y/N argued, and Betty sighed on the other end of the phone.
    "You're his best friend. He always listens to you, doesn't matter what it's about, you're the only person whose advice he takes to heart. I wish he'd listen to me, but I guess I'm just not as important." Betty said sadly, and Y/N felt her heart drop a little. Betty was her best girl-friend, she hated that she felt that way.
    "Betty, you're far more important to him than me, that's why he chose you. But, I'll give it a shot. Why does it matter that he became a serpent anyways, it's expected. His dad was one, so it's not that big of a surprise he is." Y/N said, turning a corner and looking both ways before she crossed the street.
    "Because Jughead is better than that, anyways, there is no way I could be with a serpent, no matter who it was. Look, I love Jughead, but if he stays, I'm gone. I can't deal with that."Betty said, and Y/N could tell it hurt her to say.
    "I don't know Betty, maybe you're over-reacting. It's probably just a phase, or something he's doing to get deeper into the case. I don't think we've uncovered all the facts about Jasons murder, why else would all this shit still being going down?" Y/N said, trying to talk Betty out of breaking up with Jughead. It would crush him, and ultimately it would crush Y/N to see him so upset. Although, it would give her a chance to swoop in and help him, but did she really want to be that girl? The one who breaks up couples to get the guy she wants? No she couldn't do it, she cared for the two of them too much.
    "I don't think we have all the facts either, but it doesn't matter. Jughead and I cannot be together if he's a serpent, that's final." Betty said, and Y/N sighed.
    "I'll do my best to talk to him then. I don't want to see you guys hurt." Y/N said, a tinge of pain ringing through her. She walked into the trailer park and spotted Jugheads place. "I'm going to let you go though, I'm here." She said, and she heard Betty sniffle on the other side.
    "Okay, good luck." Betty said, hanging up the phone.
    "Yeah," Y/N mumbled to herself, walking up the steps and knocking on the door. She backed up slightly so she didn't get hit with the door, but she was surprised when she heard a dog bark from inside. The door swung open and a dog ran out, jumping up on her and barking.
   "Hotdog, get off her!" a voice she didn't recognize called, and she looked up to see a long-haired man staring down at her.
    "It's okay, he's not hurting me. He's very cute, is he yours?" Y/N asked, trying to be as polite as she could to the stranger.
    "Actually, I think he's Jugheads now." The man said, and Y/N nodded, leaning down to pet the dog. "Speaking of Jughead, I'm assuming you're here to see him?"
    "Yeah, I am, is he inside?" Y/N asked, and the man nodded. She looked at the man and noticed the jacket he was wearing. 'serpent.' She thought to herself. "I'm Y/N by the way, I like your jacket." She commented, and the man smiled.
   "Oh yeah, you're not scared?" he teasingly asked, and Y/N laughed.
    "Y/N wouldn't be scared of serpents, she actually admires you guys. Always has, that's why she got along with my dad so well." Jugheads voice rang behind the man, and Y/N smiled.
   "Is that so?" the man asked, looking down at the (Y/H/C) girl. She stood taller and smirked, trying to look as confident as possible.
    "I'm not scared of anything." Y/N said, sliding by the man and into the trailer and making her way to Jughead.
    "Well except for clowns and spiders." Jughead said, and she nodded, causing laughter from a few men who were also in the trailer.
    "So if we got attacked by a spider dressed as a clown-" one man started.
    "Or a clown dressed as a spider-" another added.
    "You'd be terrified?" the long-haired man finished their sentence. Y/N and Jughead laughed.
   "I'd be dead, I would have an actual heart-attack." She teased, and the men laughed again. "Don't tell anyone I said that though, I don't need people knowing my weaknesses."
    "Your secret is safe with us." The long-haired man said, and Y/N plopped herself down on a couch, nodding her head in approval.
    "Good." She said, looking around the room.
    "What brings you here, tonight?" Jughead asked, sitting beside her. Hotdog walked over, laying in front of Jugheads feet, and he leaned over to pet him.
    "Betty is worried and our town is still as hellish as ever. The police really suck ass at their jobs, I'm just about to go in and take over." Y/N sighed, and the men laughed again. "What, you don't think I can fix Riverdale?" she asked, and the long-haired man held his hands up.
    "I didn't say that." He replied defensively, and she smiled.
    "Good, because I totally could. We just need people to rally up the citizens of Riverdale, something that could motivate them to do more for this town, make it better than it was before all of this Jason bullshit went down. I just need to cause enough trouble to get the police off their ass, or enough trouble to fix the problems of the town. I haven't decided which yet, but I know I could do it." Y/N said, smiling to all the men in the room. Jughead laughed, and she looked at him. "Of course, I would have to do it with my partner in crime, Mr. Jones here." Jughead smiled and the men chuckled.
   "Do you two get into a lot of trouble together?" one of the men asked, and Jughead nodded.
    "Enough to cause Betty to worry about me." He said, and the men all raised their eyebrows at the two teenagers.
    "I see." The long-haired man said, and Y/N rolled her eyes.
    "Not that kind of trouble, oh my god. I swear you guys are 16-year-old-boys." She teased, and the men in the room laughed again.
    "I'm going to take that as a compliment." The long-haired man said, and Jughead teasingly elbowed her.
    "And I'm going to take offense, seeing that I am a 16-year-old-boy." He said, and Y/N gave him an evil smile.
    "Good, take offense." She said, and he rolled his eyes and slumped back into the couch. "Anyways, Betty was always mad because we found ourselves in compromising and dangerous situations when it came to the whole Jason Blossom murder case. We went all in, emerging ourselves in whatever danger Jason might have put himself in that way we could get to the bottom of the case." The men all nodded.
    "Of course she was suspicious that we were sleeping together, or that I was cheating on her with all the time we spent together, it took awhile for her to accept the fact that we are just best friends." Jughead said.
    "Which doesn't make any sense to me because she knew we were before you guys even got together. We became friends immediately after I moved here last year." Y/N added, and Jughead nodded. "She actually sent me over here to talk you out of being a serpent, but I could care less. I was just planning on telling her you wouldn't listen to me and to just let you live your life, but then she started talking about breaking up with you because of it and then I didn't know what I was going to do." Y/N admitted, and the men in the room all fell very silent.
    "She was going to break up with me because of it?" Jughead asked, hints of anger present in his voice. Y/N nodded, and he huffed out in frustration. "Why can't she be accepting like you? And I thought dating Betty was going to be less complicated than dating you, but obviously I made the wrong decision." Jughead said, and Y/N froze in her seat.
    "Oh shit." The long-haired man said, and the men all nodded in agreement. This was definitely an 'oh shit' moment.
     "What?" Y/N asked, looking at the raven-haired boy who hadn't caught his slip up. Jughead looked around the room and noticed all the eager faces looking at him, and it was then he caught his mistake after thinking over what just came out of his mouth.
    "Yeah, dating Betty has been super complicated lately, she and I are complete opposites, not that you and I are any better, but at least we have a lot more in common than her and I." he said, trying to explain it in a way that wouldn't give away his feelings, but it only made it worse.
    "So what you're saying is that you'd rather date Y/N here...?" the long-haired man said, and Jughead stuttered, wracking his brain for the right words to say. Maybe he should just come out and say what was really on his mind, but he was worried.
    "You know what, Y/N. Just let her break up with me, the fact that she can't over look this one decision I made in my life and love me enough to accept me shows that maybe we just aren't meant to be together." Jughead said, standing up and walking towards the front door. He picked up his jacket off the side of a chair on the way and put it on, the snake on the back fully visible to everyone behind him.
    'damn, he looks good in that jacket, I have to admit it.' She thought to herself, but then the door slammed and it broke her out of her thoughts. She looked around at the group of men around her, and they all stared at her.
    "Well, go after him then. Get that boy and never let him go." The long-haired man said, and she chuckled.
    "Why do I get the feeling you guys are fans of chick-flicks?" she teased, and they all laughed as well.
    "What, just because we're in a gang doesn't mean we don't have feelings. This is young love, its cute." One of the men said, and Y/N rolled her eyes and smiled. It was nice to see such strong and scary guys have actual loving feelings you wouldn't expect them to have.
    "Well, you're wasting time. Go on." The long-haired one said, and Y/N nodded, making her way out of the trailer. She wandered around and found Jughead by the entrance sign, and she slowly approached him.
    "You alright?" she asked, and Jughead turned around, giving her a tight smile.
    "Not really, but whatever." He said, and Y/N sighed. "I thought she would accept me, she told me tonight she loved me, and i-I told her the same thing. I'm starting to realize now that maybe neither of us meant it, we were just caught in the moment." Jughead ran his hand through his hair, and it was then she noticed he was beanie free. She smiled apologetically at him and walked the rest of the way to him, embracing him. Jughead held onto her tight, and she enjoyed the moment, closing her eyes, trying to remember every detail of that second so she could cherish it forever. Little did she know, Jughead was doing the same thing. She pulled away from him, and looked up at the blue-eyed boy, and she shivered slightly at the loss of his body heat. It was cold out and she was in a dress, she was freezing.
    "You must be so cold." Jughead said worriedly, taking off his jacket and handing it to the girl.
    "I'm fine-" she tried to refuse, but he rolled his eyes.
    "Take it." He said, and she took it from him, slipping the leather jacket on herself. It was big on her because Jughead was much taller than she was, and he laughed at the sight of her in it.
    "What?" she said, trying to hide her blush.
    "You would just look cute as a serpent." He said, and she couldn't hide her blush now.
    "Whatever." She said, pulling the jacket tighter around herself. The cold was bitter, the winter was settling in hard.
    "I'm sorry for calling you cute, damn." Jughead said, pretending to be offended, and she rolled her eyes and laughed.
    "Don't be so sensitive, I-" she cut herself off, she didn't know if she should do what she was about to, although she really wanted to.
    "You what?" he said quietly, and she thought to herself that he probably already knew what she was thinking. She stayed silent though, thinking about what she was going to do. "I like you, you know. I have for a long time." Jughead said, and Y/N stared up at him.
    "But Betty-"
    "Betty is nice, I like her, but not as much as I like you. I just figured that if I went for you, our friendship would be ruined and it would just complicate everything. I see now that I was wrong. I think we are meant to be together, and I really mean that." Y/N smiled softly, and so did Jughead. They stood there for awhile, just looking at eachother and not really saying anything, and Y/N figured that must have been kind of weird.
    "We should probably go inside." She said awkwardly, breaking their silence. Jughead looked towards the trailer and nodded.
    "Probably." He said. "But first-" Jughead grabbed onto Y/Ns wrist and crashed his lips with hers, and she smiled and melted into it.
    "Okay, that was unexpected." Y/N said, and Jughead laughed. "It wasn't bad!" she quickly exclaimed, trying to fix her mistake in words. "I just- I- I liked it. I like you." She said, and jughead nodded, taking her hand and they walked to the trailer in silence. He opened the door and the two of them entered, and all the men looked at Y/N and cheered. She looked down and realized she still had his jacket on and she blushed, looking down and burying her head into his chest. Betty and Jughead were both going to be hurt, but she could help them both, and she knew in the end she could help them heal.