Going Back

Word Count: 3903

A/N: this wasn't requested, its kind of just a vent type story. I just had some personal frustration I wanted to get out, and so here it is. It's kinda based on my own reality, so its kind of sad, so I mean beware. Much love guys! 

 Much love guys! 

     Y/N turned over in her bed, blinking her eyes in an attempt to adjust to the sunshine spilling through her window

     Y/N turned over in her bed, blinking her eyes in an attempt to adjust to the sunshine spilling through her window. She turned her head, looking over at the raven-haired boy sleeping beside her and her heart dropped. Usually on mornings like this, she'd be happy, her heart full of love and she'd be excited to get a start to her day, but today was different. Today wasn't a good day. 

     Y/N sat up carefully, as to not disturb the sleeping boy beside her. He was awake most of the night, the both of them were, and she wanted to make sure he would get as much sleep as he could while she was here, lord knows he wouldn't the next couple of nights. She stood from the bed, slipping on some slippers and she made her way out of her bedroom, dodging boxes that were scattered and stacked across the apartment. 

     As she walked into her kitchen, she stared for a second at the barren countertops, once filled with mail and Pops takeout boxes, but now only three coffee cups and her coffee pot sat present. A hand on her shoulder broke her from her saddened trance, and she turned to see her mother giving her a sad smile. 

      "You okay?" she asked, and Y/N shrugged, ripping herself from her mothers grasp, walking to the coffee pot to start it. 

     "No, but it's not like it matters." she said, trying and ultimately failing at not letting her anger show through her voice. 

     "Honey, I know you're upset, but its for the best-" her mother started, and Y/N scoffed. 

     "No! It's not!" Y/N yelled, taking a deep breath. She didn't want to wake Jughead with her yelling. "I love you mom, you know I do, but I left for a reason, and I had no intentions on coming back. I'm happy here, why can't you let me stay?" she asked quietly and her mom sighed, leaning against the counter and crossing her arms. 

     "Y/N, you know the answer to that." she said, and Y/Ns jaw tightened, she was trying really hard not to explode. 

     "Mom, I made a life here, I had a job, a home, friends who actually cared about me, a boyfriend whom I love so, so much for christs sake! Whats back home for me? You? My sisters? That same shitty school with the asshole rich kids, the house that doubles as a prison, your asshole husband-"