Without them

Sean just didn't understand it. Both his best friend, and his boyfriend, has been ignoring him the past few days. Was he really that unlikable? Did they finally realise how much time they were wasting on him?

Whenever Sean asked them if they wanted to go out for a drink (of coffee or hot chocolate, coffee for the other two, hot chocolate for him) they just said no, with no explanation.

He knew that Felix had seemed quite nervous the last time they spoke, but he didn't look much into it, figuring it was something going on in Felix's life that he would share if he felt he had too.

But Felix still hadn't said anything to him, and even if he had, that still didn't explain PJ's behaviour.

Maybe PJs found someone else.

Maybe he's found someone who's a better person, or more interesting to talk to. PJ's always said that he liked to commit himself to a relationship, but maybe in Sean's case, he just didn't have the reason to anymore.

Whatever the reason may be, for both of them, it was affecting Sean, and more than he let on. He was so used at this point to have Felix roaming around his house, yelling curses, with Sean's Mam then pretending to get annoyed.

Perhaps it was when they spoke to Mark? Maybe Mark said something to them about Sean, and they then realised what a mistaken they were making by associating with him.

But then again, Mark hadn't been too bad lately, Sean hadn't gotten any more new bruises since when Mark grabbed his arm, and even those were fading.

When Mark spat the cruel words in his direction, they weren't as harsh as they used to be, though they fixated on Sean himself more than ever, where before it would have been about how much of a 'fag' he was.

As far as Sean could tell, whatever it was that Felix and PJ had said to Mark was paying off, and no matter how lonely he felt now, they had still done that for him, stood up to Mark in his favour, where no one had before.

They were the best things in his life, and without them, he wasn't sure what he'd do.