School fun

Sean started the walk to school, putting in his earphones as he walked, David Bowie blaring in his ears. Humming along to the music, he glanced around for any cars coming, before crossing the road.

A few moments after doing so, he saw Mark appear from a different road. Mark was walking with his head hung low, hair flopping into his face. A car beeped obnoxiously, causing him to look up, and notice Sean, who was frozen in place.

He stared at him with a sad look on his face, Sean staring right back at him. After a while of simply standing there, staring at each other, Sean pulled his eyes away, and gave Mark the middle finger, before continuing on his journey.

Mark shook his head, filled with despair and disappointment about the greeting he had just gotten. He started the walk to school again as well, dragging his feet even more than he had previously.

Sean tugged his earphones from his ears as he neared the gates of his school, the actual earphone hanging out from the top of his shirt, with the wire trailing into his shirt. The wind blew his hair messily into his eyes, and he didn't bother fixing it.

As he walked through the doors of the school, his Maths teacher glared at him from the corner of his eye. He was tempted to flip her off too, but decided against it, as giving the middle finger to a teacher was a bit different from giving it to an ex.

Grabbing his key from his back pocket, he opened his locker, staring into its dark abyss as he tried to remember what day it was, and what classes he had today. In his bag he had a couple of all purpose copies, where his homework was written, and for if her ever forgot his copies, so in that sense, he was set.

However, the problem lay in the books he would need to use for the first three classes. Giving up, he grabbed the first three he saw, deciding to share with whoever he sat beside if they were the wrong books.

Shutting his locker, Sean glanced at his phone to check the time, noticing a new message from Mark. Rolling his eyes, he didn't bother opening the message, instead he put his earphones back in, and resumed the blaring of his music.