one.

"Tell me something I don't know." I sarcastically say.

"Well, I'm not wrong, Ash, you need to get a better camera."

"Um, no duh I do. I just broke it, Captain Obvious." I roll my eyes while holding the broken camera.

My best friend Ellie and I have been packing for California, I'm moving there and she's just coming for the summer. We were trying to film some quick Youtube Videos for my channel so I didn't have to do alot next week when moving into my new apartment. I'm bewildered that I won't be in small state Kansas in seven days. I'm bewildered I won't be living in small state Kansas in seven days, is what I meant.

Off to the big leagues! New adventures and opportunities! Truth is, I'm actually relieved. I won't have to see his face everyday. No, we don't speak of his name. Ever.

Ellie walks over to me and twirls her hair, "Well I guess I can go down to the Apple Store and get a new one with a discount from Colby."

"I told you, we don't speak his fucking name." I glare at her.

"Why, Colby's so nice!" She whines. She likes him, and she knows I hate him. Well I don't actually hate Colby, but he can't change from being my biggest rival. I haven't told my best friend my crush, and yeah it makes me guilty but nobody shall know. Colby has the ability to find out anything he wants, and if he finds out my secret liking to him, my life is over.

"Colby is not nice, he is evil. Evil I tell you!" I point at her.

"Ashlyn Mackenzie Neil, do this for me? We're leaving the whole summer and I probably won't ever see him again. I need to try and take my chances with him one more time before we leave for good," She pleads, "Your camera is a great excuse to talk to him. You won't even have to speak, I'll lie and say it's mine!"

"We're going to the Apple Store El, that's for phones and computers. So you sure as hell will be saying it's your camera." I say.

"So is that a yes?"

"Yea, I want to see you make a fool out of yourself."

"I'll go buy earbuds too, I need some new ones."

"Okay, you'll maybe look less of an idiot then."

"Yay! To the mall!" She yells, dragging me by the arm and out the door.

As we get into the car I say, "Ellie, remember the camera? If you want to talk about fixing your camera, you might want to actually bring it."

"I'll go get that now..."

And we were off.

To go see Blue Valley Highschool's biggest douche. But also the cutest and smartest douche.

/////

"I'm waiting out here." I say, stopping in front of the Apple Entrance and hiding behind the wall.

"Kk, I'm going in," She says while taking in a deep breathe, "Wish me luck!" And she walks into the store.

An employee tries speaking to her, "Hello, welcome to the Ap-" but she just stuck her hand up and walked over to the boy working behind the counter.

"Hey Colby! Uh, I'm having some issues today." She says pouting.

At the moment, I have my head peaking out from the entrance of the store, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation. Ellie and I are so different, she's way too flirty and pretty to be my best friend.

"Hi El, what's up?" He furrows his eyebrows and looks confusingly at the camera. May I also just say, he's got some of the fleekest eyebrows I've ever seen and it makes me hard to concentrate.