eighteen.

I got home in a daze. 

Sam and I entered the apartment in exhaustion. It was probably only around eight o'clock and we were pooped. Which is amazing for teenagers. 

"Hey, you said you saw Colby too, today?" Sam asks, as we walk out the elevator. 

"Yeah, he was with Brennen Taylor, who I consequently met," I say, "He's a pretty big flirt."

"Brennen's not a douche for being super flirty, just for the record, he's a great guy," Sam laughs, knowingly. 

"Aight, well I'm just gonna have to get to know him better," I grin.

"Just watch his vlogs, you'll learn everything about him from there."

"Duly noted," I nod, amused.

We make our way to our apartment doors and Sam opens his, but as I try to dig into my pockets, I totally forgot I never grabbed my car keys that have my house key. 

"Crap, I forgot to bring my key so it's in the apartment!" I facepalm.

"Knock, see if Ellie's home," Sam suggests.

I bang on the door and shout for Ellie but no answer. I turn over to Sam and shake my head.

"Nothing," I reply. 

"No big deal, just come hang in my apartment then, might as well get used to seeing me before you get sick of me," Sam offers. I walk over to him and kiss hiss cheek. 

"I can't get sick of you, Sammy," I smile, entering in. He smiles back, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

"So what ya want to do?" Sam asks, closing the door and walking over to me. 

"Don't know. Chill? I'm fucking tired," I reply, collapsing onto the couch.

"Same," He replies, crashing right next to me.

"Thanks for helping me have a pretty lit day," I say, looking at him. 

"Anytime, you needed a 'fwend' today and I hooked you up with three," He smiles. 

"Are you and Colby kinda rough?" I curiously ask.

"Nah, we're guys. We don't really do drama. We get mad at each other sometimes but we're okay right now," He sleepily says, "He'll always be my best friend like you and Ellie."

"Ugh, sometimes I wish I were a dude," I sigh.

"What! I don't!" 

"What, why?" I giggle. 

"Because cuddling on a couch with a guy would be messed up, when I would rather do this with a girl," Sam kisses me softly and I grin. 

"Ellie and I are just in a tough patch at the moment, and I hate it so much," I sadly respond. 

"Girls can get over things. Grudges suck."

"It's not a grudge though! It's more like, why would you date my enemy," I persuade. 

"Why do you hate Colby so much again?" Sam asks.

"Have you not heard the story?" I ask, puzzled. Everyone at Blue Valley High knew the story of how the rivalry of Ashlyn Neil and Colby Brock came to be. 

"Well, I heard Colby's side of the story... not yours," He cheekily says.

"You're just peachy, I think that was one of the worst days of my life," I deadpan.

"Do tell why!" 

"If I must, it was the first day of Freshmen Year. I was in the lunch line, and I was waiting perfectly fine and still. Then all of a sudden, a boy hits my foot and falls face first into his mashed potatoes," I laugh.