forty-three.

"A-Ash, what are you talking about? I-I never hit Sam," Kai stutters, but tries to laugh as he thought I was joking. He knew I knew.

"K-kai h-h-hit me?" Sam stammers, coughing more blood as the doctor's shush him.

"Sam, don't speak, we'll handle this!" Ellie shouts at Sam. "So you're saying Kai crashed into Sam?"

"YES! I was getting Sam his pudding cup in the cafeteria and I saw a window and Kai was talking to some dude saying how it was his fault Sam got all these injuries. His friend even admitted it! Why the hell is he trying to care for the dude he just hit! GET HIM AWAY FROM SAM!" I shout, trying to make my way through the people in the room so I could strangle Kai.

Suddenly, the some of the nurses drop what they were doing and pull me back, shouting at me to calm down, but like for Sam?

No.

"LET GO, HE CAN'T BE HERE, HE ALMOST KILLED SAM!" I yell, struggling through. I mean, I could've easily fought my way through but why would I punch a bunch of old women...

"You sure that's what happened?" Ellie asks loudly over all the commotion.

"YES! WHY WOULD I LIE?" I scream to her.

"Ashlyn would never lie!" Colby agrees. A second passes by before everyone realizes what the hell Kai did.

"WAIT HE DID THAT TO SAM? GET HIM OUT OF HERE!" Colby shouts, trying to yank Kai from helping Sam.

"HE'S A FUCKING LIAR! SOMEONE TAKE HIS HANDS OFF SAM!" Ellie screams, also trying to go through the wall of nurses.

"GUYS! I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING TO SAM, I'M HELPING HIM!" Kai yells at us as most of the nurses are shielding him.

I holler, "YOU SHOULDN'T HELP HIM, LOOK! YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH!"

Doctor Burke finally turns around and yells, "OKAY BROOKS, GET OUT NOW!"

Ellie and I sigh of relief as the nurses back off and Kai storms out the door.

However, Colby wasn't ready to drop it.

Colby stomps out, probably chasing after Kai.

Ellie and I follow them.

Colby walks faster, "HEY, BROOKS!"

Kai turns around and Colby socks him straight in the nose. Kai stumbles backwards in pain. He glares at Colby, winds up his balled fist, and punches him in the cheek.

Ellie yelps, "Colby!"

Sooner or later, arms are flailing and bodies are tumbling down on the ground. An MMA fight was happening on this very hospital's floor. It was entertaining, I gotta say, seeing two hot guys wrestling. One, a hot doc, and the other, just my cute as fuck emo-boy.

Kidding.

Kinda.

A nurse turns the corner and screams, "Oh! Somebody do something!"

I roll my eyes, "I got it..."

As Colby got Kai strangled underneath, I yanked Colby off with one big pull.

Colby almost went and clawed straight for Kai's face again but that didn't happen as I now do my own socking and sock Colby in the gut.

That's when Kai came charging and I uppercut his chin and just pushed him to the floor.

I stood between them as they both were holding their features in pain on the ground. They both groaned, with bruises and tiny cuts. Nothing as bad compared to Sam.