thirty-four.

It's been a long night.

A very fun, long night.

We have a few more hours left and I'm so tired actually.

Corey was... spun. He went to sit in one of the spinny rides and then fell asleep. So what did we do? We turned the ride on and it was the funniest shit ever. He woke up in the middle of a spin, and it was hilarious.

Then we went to the water-slide area that we were at the first hour and did some board riding. Sam lost the board and Colby offered to go find it because we thought it was in the gross, green, bacteria infested waters. I was sure that Colby would've gotten chlamydia on his feet or something.

I'm training to become a doctor, you can't get chlamydia on your feet so never mind.

BUT AN INFECTION YES.

Okay, but the funniest part was when Elton found the board already and still let Colby look in the water for nothing.

Sam apparently got really hurt though. We were all debating to leave but we decided, nah, he'll live and he insisted too to keep going and complete the challenge. I mean, we're so close.

It's about three-thirty in the morning, and we are not giving up now. As the group kinda split, I stayed behind with Sam since he felt his arm was pretty injured. We were walking very far from the group in a slow manner.

"So... how's your arm?" I smile sweetly.

He looks at me and rolls his eyes, "Wow, someone cares about what I feel now, finally, huh?"

I frown, hurt, "Sammy, what is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, you know... not telling Ellie or me that you and Colby like each other or even thought to think of what I thought of you," He replies, sternly. His air felt so toxic, and unwelcoming. It made me uncomfortable.

"You... thought... of, about me? How would you think of me?" I ask, surprised.

"Ashlyn, wasn't it obvious that I liked you?" He states, now standing still in the middle of the park.

My eyes widen, he liked me? Oh god. I was right, Colby and I's relationship does affect everyone. I can't have Sam like me too, would that tear Sam and Colby?

What the fuck.

Then again, how did I not see this coming!

Life and it's friends, anger, depression, drama, sadness, fear, and cruelty love to hang out and throw obstacles in my face as I'm running towards the finish line.

Life, I thought we were buddies. C'mon.

I guess it really did mean something to him when we kissed those times. Those adventurous times. That was a few weeks ago. Am I so shallow that I don't realize the people that I affect have feelings too? I'm no Ellie, but she's just being the normal Cali girl you'd find.

People get drunk.

People want to be pretty.

People have sex.

People fall in love.

People make mistakes.

People are human.

And so am I.

I can't hate on Ellie. She's my best friend. I can't blame her for her choices. She doesn't know the whole truth and that is

all.

my.

fault.

She wouldn't make me jealous if she knew that I liked Colby.