nine.

Sam and I head into his apartment.

"So, I'm getting popcorn, what did you need to grab?" He asks me.

"Oh, um I wanted to get some more blankets, where are yours..." I reply, looking around.

"On the couch," He says pointing there while heading into his cabinets.

I quickly grab the blankets and walk back over to him in the kitchen. He was putting the popcorn bags in the microwave. I lean against the counter right next to him. 

"So, you decided to pack popcorn when moving to LA?" I raise my eyebrow.

He clicks two minutes on the microwave, "Yeah, don't judge, we guys need our snacks," He smiles.

"Alright," I grin. Awkward silence. I just stood there leaning on his counter, watching the countdown of the popcorn and listening to it pop.

"So are you waiting for me?" Sam says, breaking the quiet.

"I mean, I guess so, I rather be here than watch those two make out," My eyes drift away from the conversation. I was trying to not feel anymore jealousy than I did back in the room. Feelings suck sometimes, and I just want to erase them.

"True, I'd hate to be the only one without someone to kiss when others are doing it in front of you," He says.

"Ha, yeah, one time I was at the movie theater in Kansas, and there was like three couples making out all around me," I awkwardly say.

"Oh yeah, I've experienced that too, but in such a way worst situation," He says, with wide eyes like he was remembering a bad time.

"Really? How so?" I ask, smirking.

He adjusts his neck collar, "Well the same thing happened to me... but I was on a first date..." 

My face cringes, "Ooo, that's rough."

"I know, it was honestly so rude, and it was rude since my date never wanted to kiss me back," He says, running a hand through his hair.

"I totally agree, that's rude."

"Yep, kissing is rude."

"But only in the public right?" I ask.

"I guess," He chuckles slightly and so do I.

We stop laughing and time pauses as our bodies seemed to draw in closer. Our faces just inches away. 

What's happening? 

His eyes flicker to my lips and my hand lifts to his cheek. His arm starts to slowly slither its way to my waist and our gazes seem to capture each others. 

Our lips gently touch.

He begins to slowly move his and I do too, it was a sweet and passionate kiss with a rhythm that was simple and kind. 

The microwave then suddenly beeps, signaling the popcorn was done.

And scaring me in the process. We parted and I let go of his cheek and he quickly peeled off from me and stopping the beeping on the microwave. He takes out the popcorn.

He awkwardly laughs, "Sorry bout that, Ash."

I blush slightly, "No worries."

He quickly opens the bag of popcorn and shoves some in his mouth.

"Hey, I didn't burn it!" He smiles, surprised at his food.

I laugh, "Congrats, lets go disturb those crazy kids." I take a handful of the popcorn and walk out to my apartment.