fifty-six.

Remember This Book's Description Quotes?

»I hate liking my rival«

»But you know you like your rival more than you hate him«

My world was crashing so quickly that I was beginning to lose my breath in a fit of coughs and foggy clouds. Gravity began to force me harder into the ground, crushing my soul and devouring my limbs.

Piece by piece, I was slowly losing the functioning cells in my brain.

I feel like a warrior, going through the stages of war.

Battle after battle, and was so close to ending the fight; but with one powerful blow, a sword through my handcrafted armor, has just completely demolished me into helpless bits.

After argument and disagreement, I left California to Kansas on a good note to just avoid another war, and when coming back to face the battle, thinking it had passed like a storm, it had just retreated and my plan just blew up in my face.

Betrayal on myself.

It was the wrong move to leave, I should have stayed for them.

I shouldn't have underestimated the storm.

I am the one to blame and I have never been so sorry.

"Ashlyn, Colby,... is it true?"

I stand still, frozen with the same look of shock plastered across my face.

Silence, for long seconds that felt like eternities.

"Someone better fucking answer me," Ellie demands.

"It's... not completely true," Colby quietly responds.

My head slowly turns to Ellie. Her eyebrows furrowed, but her eyes weary as she stared down Colby.

For her to comprehend this sudden outburst of a confession must be overwhelming to take in... and I am sorry for her, so fucking sorry. 

"Not completely?" Ellie questions, ready to smack him.

Ellie asks with confusion, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means..." Colby trails, sighing deeply and standing up to face her.

I look at him, and my heart begins to ache.

His face was surfacing a hot fiery color, as dark as a rose but not as pretty. His crystal tears skim out his puffy eyelids and past his inflamed cheeks.

To have such a reaction when your girlfriend is being told that you like another girl and you're right in front of her, standing there with tears, this must mean you really care about her.

Is he at a lost for words?...ugh and do you know how guilty I feel? 

I'm breaking a relationship apart, and I understand why.

"It means that he used to like me, but now he likes you," I intrude. "We don't like each other anymore and it's over, so he can still continue to love you Ellie. It's obvious he does. Look at the way he cries for you, he knows he messed up for doing messed up things with me. In his heart all along, he's kept this love for you. Ellie, he is only yours. It's always been you."

Colby and Ellie both look at me as I keep my head low as I'm too embarrassed to be in such a situation that is practically my whole fault.

If I just didn't like the boy in the first place.