forty-four.

A/N: Ya'll like the new Rivals Book Cover?;)

"Okay, it's getting pretty late. We should head out now," Colby says, standing up and patting Sam's back. 

I yawn and stretch my arms, "Yeah, we'll see you tomorrow, bud."

"Thanks for being here with me guys, I'm totally exhausted now," Sam smiles. Ellie goes over to give him a hug.

"We'll always be here for you, Sammy," Ellie smiles. 

We say one more goodbye as we all exit the room. Doctor Yang and Doctor Burke pass us too and wave us goodbye before rushing off to save another patient. 

"I'm exhausted," Colby yawns, loudly. "I think I might pass out."

"Good thing there's a lot of doctors around in case you do," Ellie jokes.

"Yeah, but I don't want one specific doctor to even touch me, if you catch my drift," Colby grumbles. 

"Kai..." Ellie and I mumble.

"Well, duh," Colby nods.

It's about one-thirty in the morning as we're walking out the doors of the hospital, and all of a sudden, two frantic parents burst through the door.

"Where's my son!" A woman hollers, holding a man's hand.

"Mrs. Golbach!" Colby exclaims, but yawns at the end.

Sam's parents are here.

"Mr. Golbach!" Ellie says, walking over to them.

"I'm glad to see you guys here, where's Sammy?" Mrs. Golbach asks, scanning the lobby of the hospital.

"He's almost about to sleep," I reply, "But would you like us to take you both to him anyway?" 

"Please, we jumped on the next flight here in the matter of seconds after getting Colby's phone call," Mr. Golbach smiles.

"I'll take you both, these two are exhausted," Ellie offers.

"El, you sure? You've been caring for Sam for the whole past two days," Colby yawns again.

"Babe, you're literally about to collapse. Go, I'm fine. Ashlyn will make sure you don't pass out in the parking lot," Ellie sternly says.

Colby mumbles a 'fine', and he and I wave goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Golbach. Ellie escorts them down the hall to Sam.

The poor parents.

They're real supporters.

It must be terrifying to not know what happened to their child.

Gives me chills.

"Ash, do you want me to d-rive," Colby rubs his hands over his eyes and yawns again, "-Or me..."

"Shut up, just get in the passenger seat, sleepy pants," I command, opening his door for him.

"You don't have to fuckin' baby me," He retorts.

"Honey, you're almost dead. Close your eyes and let hell take you in," I scoff.

"Biiitch, sleeping is heaven," Colby argues.

"Then sleep, I like it better when you're not talking," I chuckle, getting into the front seat and turning the key. 

"Rude," He sleepily whispers.

I shrug and drive to the hotel. 

/////

Colby had fallen asleep in the car.