twenty-three.

A/N: I just want to thank everyone who keeps reading and are consistently voting and giving such positive feedback!!I LOVE YOU ALL, I update for those people whose simple comments make my day<3 I hope you enjoy this chapter.

"C-COLBY!" I scream, running to the door-frame of his apartment door. I peak out down the hall and see nobody there anymore.

Why'd he just run?

He keeps doing that, and it crushes my soul and confidence every time. It's like he's afraid of what I'm going to say, and honestly... I'm also afraid of what I'm going to say.

I got to tell him I like him.

How though?

I'm feeling so lost, like nothing is ever going my way.

The melancholy thoughts of him and I never being able to be together are rolling in, and I'm now crying at that fact. I stare down the hallway, hoping for his shadow to reappear.

But to my dismay, no glimpse or hint of Colby anywhere.

I turn off the lights in his apartment and close the door.

My eyes drip water as I turn into my own apartment that I never locked. I open the door and wipe away the painful tears staining my pink cheeks.

I close the door and rub my puffy eyelids and slide down on the door and bury my disheveled face within my palms and cry, and cry.

For Colby Brock.

/////

"Pssst. Ash."

"Huh?"

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD, IT'S TIME TO HIT THE ROAD!" An excited Ellie jumps to lay across my stomach.

"OOF!" I groan, "Well I'm DEFINITELY UP NOW, GEEZ!"

"Good, because we're taking your car and Sam's car because I refuse to ride in Colby's 2007 Corolla."

"Ha, okay. Wait Colby got his car back finally?" I yawn, slowly sitting up. Colby's car holds our secretly stupid pact that I loved because it was something only for us. Now that it's here, Colby and I could secretly spill anything in that car.

Whatever is said in this car, stays in this car.

"Yeah, Sam got annoyed that Colby kept asking him for rides so he went and got his car for him when you left that week," Ellie replies, "BUT GET DRESSED AND LETS GET GOING. Sam and you in your car, Colby and I in Sam's! Just an fyi, meet you in their apartment!" She hollers, strutting out the room.

I sigh, today I have to tell him how I feel too. It's most certainly not a one sided conversation. I have a say and we need to have a clear discussion.

I quickly brush my hair and throw on a cute outfit before getting my shoes, luggage, and back pack.