forty-two.

I just finished editing my Youtube video. I even made a cute thumbnail, and it's ready to be uploaded to Youtube. Now I just need wifi, and it will probably take at the most, thirty minutes for my video to get uploaded. 

"Hey, I'm around the hospital right now, can you spot any hotels?" Colby asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Why don't I just google this stuff up?" I ask, taking out my phone.

As it loads, Colby asks, "So, did you finish your editing?"

"Yep, now all I have to do is upload it to Youtube, but I don't have any wifi," I mumble. He nods in understanding. "Oh! The Hilton Garden Inn is like five minutes away. Just take a right, I know for a fact that they're high quality and are good as hell."

"Kay, I'm taking a right," Colby agrees.

He takes a right and the Hilton was on our left. Colby drives in, parks, and we both hop out. We head into the hotel and approach the front desk woman.

"Hello, how can I help you both today?" The woman asks. 

"Oh, we would like to get a hotel room for tonight," Colby says.

Suddenly, Kai texts me.

K: Hey. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...

K: Sam had a heart attack, then his right coronary artery got clogged in the process of reviving him. I was observing his surgery when you texted. He's stable at the moment, but is just managing to keep breathing... I'm so sorry, Ash<3

I cover my mouth. 

No way in hell is Sam dying. 

"Ash, are you okay with one or two beds?" Colby asks. He then peers down at me,"Hey... are you okay?"

"Sam had a heart attack," I mumble.

Colby rubs his jaw, "Fuck..." He then turns back to the woman, "One bed please."

She nods and does some typing into her computer.

"How do you know?" Colby whispers.

"Kai just texted me! Whoever hit Sam is going to get it!" I whisper yell, a tear rolls down my cheek.

Colby pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around his waist tightly.

The woman holds out a key card and pamphlet, "Here's your receipt, essentials, directions and key card. You room is on the fourth floor, number 410. Enjoy your stay!"

"Thanks," We say, and Colby takes the items. He holds my hand as we go into the elevator. 

"So, what's Kai saying now?" Colby asks.

"I didn't reply yet, I'm so shocked that I don't know what to say," I whisper with sadness.

"Tell him we're in Cambria, coming to visit in less than an hour or so," Colby says.

"O-okay," I shake, trying to text him. 

A: thanks for the update. Colby and I are coming in an hour:((

A: Means alot that a close friend is watching him xx

K: I owe it to you Ash, again I'm sorry for what happened. Im here always. Im so sorry for sam's accident<3

I smile, he's just really being supportive for Sam. I'm not worthy of such a kind person in my life. How sweet he is for helping Sam get better.

A: Thank you love. cu in 1 hr x