thirty-eight.

A/N: Fun fact about this book, one of the names I was debating on before starting to write a colby brock fanfiction happened to be Reflection. I even made a few covers for it to test out its look.

Colby drove for Nik, Brennen and I. 

One by one, we helped them with their things and brought them home. 

It then turned to just be Colby and I. 

Alone, as the drive back to the apartments were silent. 

When we got parked, we didn't move for a second.

That was the opportunity he used, 

to kiss me. 

I slowly turned to him and he reached out from his seat, 

grabbed my face, 

and kissed my lips. 

His soft lips were my drug, and I was an addict who needed to quit. 

The kiss was so quick and short, I didn't have a lot of time to react but close my eyes and let it happen. 

When he parted from me, his right hand hovered over my lips and caressed my cheek. 

I looked into his deep, ocean blue eyes and said no words. 

He looked back into my eyes and glanced down. A solid tear rolled down his face. I wiped it away, and kissed the place where the tear once was. 

He kissed me once more with those sad eyes, all the passion and tragedy were admitted in. 

When first knowing what I was in for, was scary. Like, in general, the whole situation was scary.

I was confident at first. 

Imagine waiting in line as a kid, wanting to go on your first upside down roller coaster. 

The anticipation, the excitement, the anxiety, just for this one ride. 

That's how I felt at first, with the flirts and smiles and giggles and all that cute stuff.

Then, when you step into the roller coaster seat... and you get strapped in, you realize, there's no way out now.

You're not going to ask the ride operator to get out or else you'll feel the embarrassment in walking out. 

You can't do that to life either.

Once I told Colby I actually liked him, damn I was then stuck. 

No struggling with that roller coaster seat, you're not getting out. 

Time to just suck it up. 

I didn't realize the naive persistence I had acquired when following through with my actions.