twenty-four.

"CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!" The crowd screeches. The music blares as Brennen tries to down a whole bottle of tequila.

I laugh, feeling the euphoria of the room accentuate off the walls. Swarms of people flood the beach house and swaying bodies are aligned across all the floors of each room. There's people hopping in the pool, and I had changed into a new bikini that I bought some time ago with Sam.

I dip my feet into the pool, and it was too cold to my liking

I dip my feet into the pool, and it was too cold to my liking. It was beginning to get a little darker out so the climate must've died down.

"Hey, Ash," A boy taps me on the shoulder and I turn around to see Sam.

"What's up! You liking your party so far?" I ask, grinning.

"Like it? Ugh, you know I love it!" He hollers, hugging me. I hug back tightly.

"I just wanna go swimming and there's just way to many people in the flipping pool though," He sighs.

"Ha are you dumb?" I laugh sarcastically, "The beach is literally across the street dude."

"You right. Let's get some people and maybe we can have a little bonfire on the beach!" He says excitedly.

"You get people, I'll get some blankets and the lighter, meet back outside in front in ten," I say.

"On it," He replies, turning and running off the pool deck into the house.

I sprint into the house and look through their closets. I grab as many blankets I could fit into my arms and rush down the stairs. As I'm going, one blanket begins to dangle and I trip suddenly. As I start to fall, a pair of strong arms catch me.

And to my surprise, it wasn't Colby I was falling into.

It was Kai.

"Kai!" I exclaim, "-H-hi!"

"Ash! Hi!" He says, like how I greeted him.

I giggle, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, you invited me and I came for you only and I guess your friends because it's their party but mainly you," He says, smiling.

"Oh. Right. Yeah! Okay well I'm about to go outside and start a bonfire outside on the beach. Wanna join?" I say shyly.

"Course," He says, "-Let me help you with those blankets."

"Thanks," I smile back.

Kai and I walk around to the front of the beach house where Sam had gathered a group of about twelve people.