forty.

Time to wake up for the second time. 

I yawn, and roll out of bed. 

I quickly check myself in the mirror in case Colby was still here.

It's almost ten, maybe I'll make some eggs for him quickly while I'm at it.

I fix my hair into a messy bun and hop out into the kitchen. I begin making the eggs and my own breakfast sandwich. I'll be nice and make him one too. We should try and be friends at the very least. Hmm, it's about ten. Where's Colby? 

I mean, he sleeps a lot so maybe he's just too pooped out from yesterday.

Finally, I set the food down on the table and take a seat. After getting five bites into my sandwich, the meal I just prepared for Colby was starting to get cold. 

I decide to get up and just wake the damn fool. It just turned ten o'clock.

"Colby! Wake the hell up!" I shout from my seat.

No reply.

"COLBY!" I yell again. That's peculiar. I get up from my seat and trudge over to Ellie's room.

I begin to push open the door, "Colby, get up or else your food is going to ge-" And nobody was there. The bed was made already and looked untouched. "Cold..."

Where had he gone?

He probably just didn't want to see my face since last night; I made it perfectly clear that we were nothing.

Suddenly, my phone begins to buzz on the kitchen counter. 

"Ugh," I sigh. I didn't want to make any human interaction at the moment.

I trot quickly to my device and check who had texted.

Colby.

C: Hey, thanks 4 letting me sleep over

A: np

A: but whered u go?

C: I had a meeting at 9 with the producers of fill in the prank w elton and amanda 

C: Had to go 4Sam

Damn, I forgot. He said that yesterday at the hospital.

A: U couldve at least told me u were leaving b4 i made u breakfast.

C:  Aw u made me breakfast? 

C: Is it good

Dork.

A: Yea bc i made it but now its my xtra breakfast lol

C: DONT eat it. im coming over. meet jus ended.

A: noo... but i made u a bomb sandwich that i wanted to eat 4 myself.

C: U jus said it was mine stoopid, im coming now. 

A: Fine cu bRoCk

C: bye nEiL

Guess I can't put perfectly good food to waste?

/////

Someone knocks on the door while I'm watching The Flash on the couch.  I pause Barry Allen for a quick second and yell, "Coming!" As I haul myself off the couch and sprint like the Flash, to the door.

I open it, "Hello?"

"Hey." It was Colby.

"Hi, come in," I give a friendly smile.