twenty-seven.

"I like you." I whisper, waiting for his response.

He looks at me blankly.

I stare back, almost ready to cry.

One of the things I know best to do.

Colby, please say something.
Anything.
I can't bare the silence.
My fragile heart can't take it.

He glances down for a second and smiles at me.

I didn't expect it. All I could do was smile back.

Our smiles turn into small giggles and then full on laughs, and you probably would've just thought of two jokers being maniacs in a random car.

Our laughs die down until we were back to just smiling.

"You don't know how relieved I am," Colby grins.

"You're relieved? I'm relieved! Colby, you made my heart beat out of my chest," I laugh.

"You've been making my heart beat out of my chest ever since I met you," He murmurs shyly.

It was the most adorable thing in the world.

"Why, why me though. Honestly, I don't understand your logic, Brock. How could one like a hideous twig like me?"

He sighs, "Ashlyn, I think you'll never understand your worth to me."

"I don't understand, how am I worth something?" I ask.

"Girls never understand how amazing they actually are. And by girls, I mean you. You underestimate yourself to people a little too often, Neil. Hello Miss Valedictorian, wake up," He smiles.

I giggle, "You sure flipped me upside down... how is this even possible?"

"You ask way too many questions," He chuckles lowly.

"Well, when you just admit that you like someone, you might not know what the hell to say!"

He rolls his eyes, "I can't pretend like I hate you anymore, but you are too easy to tease, kid."

"Gee, thanks," I sarcastically say.

But in other words, my insides are so happy.

His true personality has finally been revealed for me. A true change that I hope will be forever.

He laughs slightly, "C'mon, let's go somewhere instead the side of this road." Colby starts the car again, and begins to drive. We lower all the windows and the wind blows our hair freely as we cruise along by Moonstone Beach.

I plug my phone in the aux cord and turn on Midnight City by M83. I look at Colby and he looks at me back, and we smile.

Never would have thought, Colby fucking Brock,

would like me too.

///// A/N: PLEASE READ THE END DESCRIPTION.

"What's my favorite video-game?"

"Kingdom Hearts. Was that suppose to be challenging?" I laugh.

Colby and I had just pulled up to a nice spot on an empty road, overlooking the view of the sunset.