two.

They've been texting for 6 days straight and tomorrow is our last day here in Kansas.

We are suppose to go to some dinner or something with some family members and a few classmates. These classmates were all the ones who made an impact on my High-school career though.

Don't get me wrong, I was very popular, not to brag but actually everybody knew about me and my accomplishments. What helped my rise to fame was my and Colby's rivalries.

In track, we'd race. I'd beat him in hurdles because he lacks in the flexibility to jump over the high ones but in a 100 meter dash, he'd beat me. Not by a lot! I was fast for a girl. I'd let him rub it in my face and then I'd kick his shins so I could beat him next time.

Then there was the occasion where we have to go boys against girls in ELA class and we'd have to do a debate. Us girls would win but because most girls aren't too mathematically skilled, we'd play jeopardy and the boys would win.

If you add up all our head to head competitions, we're kind of even. Which sucks because one of us has always got to be the best.

We'd lead our teams by gender.
#BattleOfTheSexes!I'm team captain for the girls and he's for the boys. No other boy or girl could be team captain, we were always in charge.

His best friend Sam was pretty smart so he had a pretty good wing-man but for me, Ellie is more on the social side than the intellectual side.

Which lo-key sucks for someone like me.

But I need her social skills, it's one of my advantages. Ellie has a way with words and is genuinely so kind and outgoing. I needed someone like her in my life and I got that someone.

Ellie Parker. She's my best friend.

Ellie walked into the room with her suitcase, "So we'll get up, finish putting things in the truck by five o'clock, get ready, and leave by six-thirty?"

"Yea, that's the plan tomorrow." I sigh on my bed.

"Awesome, well the dinner tomorrow is formal attire only so I gotta get you some new outfits."

"Why? Don't I already have some nice clothes?" I question.

"Um, no! For this dinner, you want to look the best you can before saying goodbye forever from the people who made your life worthwhile! Everybody you know will be there!" She exclaims.

"Why is everyone I know there..." I was suspicious, this was not suppose to be some fancy dinner party.

"That's besides the fact...we're going to the mall!" She yells, whilst pulling my leg off the bed.

"NOT AGAIN."

/////

The two hours were spent on trying on dresses, cute tops and shorts for California, and getting heels and various types of sandals.

You see, that was a short amount of time. We usually would spend an hour for each store we would hit. We only used two hours and hit five stores. What a day.

I carried two large bags and a small one while Ellie had four large bags and two little ones. You see the difference between us? She's a shopaholic. I think she was on my strange addiction.

Before we were about to go home, we stopped for Chinese food located in the food court. We were minding our own business until we heard some terrible screaming, oops I mean singing. There was this blonde kid who decided to sing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer on top of a table.

Keep in mind this is June.

And moments later, Colby got onto the table with him and joined along.

Sam and Colby. (Go to 28:35 in the Video above to Watch the vine)

I should have guessed it. They are famous Viners. Which is something I totally forgot about these two idiots.

Another one of their public disturbances.

It was funny and I was smiling, looking at how stupid the two looked, but other people thought otherwise. I glance at Ellie who was smiling so hard and taking a video on her phone.

After that fiasco was done for, I got up and walked over to the guys.

"Interesting performance you got there, but I want the money that I didn't even pay, back please." I laugh, and Ellie comes behind me laughing too.

"It's for the views, we are almost at a million followers on vine Ash," Colby says, crossing his arms.

"Hi Colby," Ellie gives a small wave his way.

"Hey Ellie," he nods coolly at her.

I roll my eyes, "I already have a million subscribers on YouTube," I say with sass, I lean closer to him, "And I'm leaving Kansas tomorrow."

"Are you at least going to show up to your own surprise party with the whole school?" He asks like he's trying to point out the obvious.

"What?" I ask confused. I look at Ellie who is mumbling dammit under her breathe.

"Oops, cat's out the bag, sorry Ellie!" He fake sincerely says to Ellie. Ellie just stands quietly, with Sam who are watching this all unfold.

"A surprise party? What do you mean?" I turn to face my attention to Ellie. She's staring down Colby with a pretty pissed expression though.

"That was suppose to be a secret, I totally forgot. My bad." Colby puts his hand on his chest, like he was hurt. What a fake asshole.

"You little bitch, if you knew it was a secret, why'd you say surprise party in the first place. You're probably just jealous I'm even getting a surprise party." I point angrily at him.

"Not a surprise now, now is it?" He says putting his hands on his hips.

"No, but after my surpr- just party, I won't have to see your face again." I huff and walk away to grab my bags and head out the doors to the car. Ellie quickly grabs her things and runs to catch up with me. Before saying, "What the hell bro."

I unlock the car door and wait for Ellie to get in.

A surprise party? With everyone from school? Fuck.

Ellie opens the door, "I'm sorry Ash! It was suppose to be a secret and Colby ruined it," then she quietly mumbles, "I hope he doesn't ruin it when he gets there."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" I yell.

She invited the dick?

"What the hell El? I heard you loud and clear, un-invite him El, un-invite him now!" She puts her bags in the front seat and stands wide-eyed.

"Okay... like now, now?" She asks, like she's being cautious in case she angers me more.

"Yes now!" I reply. She shuts the door and runs off back into the building. I take a deep breathe in and out.

How long is this party going to last? Our flight is at midnight tomorrow, am I going to have to pull a Cinderella without the prince charming? Why El. Why.

It's been twenty minutes now and I was getting impatient, I decided to go do some spying and find Ellie and tell her to hurry up since she wasn't responding to any of my text messages. I bet she told him he wasn't allowed to come anymore and as she was walking back, she saw a window shop with boots on sale.

To my dismay, I was oh so wrong.

I walked into the food court and saw the most horrifying thing in my life.

They were kissing.

And it hurt so bad.

I hate liking my rival.

----------------------------

Thanks for reading chapter 2!!!! Colby is my spirit animal and one naughty kiddo. HAH and I'm lokey hating Ellie but her personality is cute lmao.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE & DONT BE SHYYY

hugs, kt