Butterfly and Death.

Butterfly:(noun)

Butterflies are deep and powerful representations of life. Many cultures associate the butterfly with our souls. The Christian religion sees the butterfly as a symbol of resurrection. Around the world, people view the butterfly as representing endurance, change, hope, and life.  

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

Joe

The first horrible thing I noticed when my eyes flickered open was the sunlight radiating through my opened blind, and then the throbbing in both my temples, followed by a growing sickness feeling in the pit of my stomach. That feeling only grew stronger and forced me from my bed and into the bathroom, where I ended up sitting on the floor with my head in the toilet bowl.

"Joe, are you alright in here?"

I didn't have time to reply to my mum because I began spilling out the substances in my stomach. My hands held onto the end of the bowl tightly, as the acid once again ran out of my mouth.

I have no memory of the events from last night, it was my best friends idea to go to the club, she was supposed to meet me there and guess what? She didn't even turn up! So when I see her next, guess who's not going to be breathing very long, Billy Johnson, may she rest in pieces.

When I'm finally able to sit up, with my right hand I wipe my mouth and turn my head towards the bathroom door. Mum stands there with a glass of water and two pills in her hand.

"I'm fine mum," I don't know what's the point of trying to convince her is, because she's wearing the 'I know you're not.' look. "Billy and I went to a club last night, but before you say anything. No, I did not have sex, I'm still a virgin." 

Yeah, my mum is religious and believes in sex after marriage, which is one of the reasons I kept my virginity. But come to think of it, I'm a little sore downstairs; like an ache. 

"Take these pills and you'll be fine, it'll get rid of your hangover." Mum places the glass and pills on the bathroom sink. "I'll cook us some breakfast." She smiles weakly at me and leaves the bathroom.

Pushing myself off the ground I slowly walk over to the door and lock it before walking over the to sink. I look in the mirror and nearly fucking die because my reflection looks like something the cat dragged in.

"I look like utter shit," I mumble to myself while my hands pull down my flowery Pj bottoms, I turn around so my back is facing the mirror. Pulling the Pj shirt over my head I turn to face the mirror and toss my Pj's into the- "What the fuck?" 

My eyes are narrowed at my stomach and brows furrowed, "WHAT THE FUCK!" I release a scream but quickly shut my mouth.

I can feel my heart beating so rapidly inside my chest it feels like I'm going to have a heart attack.

"This isn't real," I squeeze my eyes shut in hopes I'll wake up from this nightmare. But when I reopen them, I just gaze upon my now marked skin. "I have fucking tattoos!" 

That's correct, ladies and gentlemen there is a big fat butterfly sitting below my belly button and to make matters worse there are the words HIS Territory above it.