To Trust Him.

Certitude:(Noun)

absolute certainty or conviction that something is the case. "the question may never be answered with certitude." -synonyms: certainty, confidence, sureness, positiveness, conviction, reliability, assuredness, assurance.

- something that someone firmly believes is true. Plural noun: certitudes "the collapse of the old political certitudes in eastern Europe"

-

Joe

Mum's, Luke's and my head snaps towards the front door. I think we were all thinking the same but when I saw his brown hair and olive green eyes staring at us, I felt somewhat relieved. 

Luke was the first one to approach him, saying, "What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to Joe," Came Harry's reply.

But my brother wasn't giving up. "Yeah? Well mate, she doesn't want to see you."

Harry completely ignored Luke and walked around him but my brother grabbed his arm then pushed him until Harry's back came into contact with the front door. "You need to leave."

"Luke-"

"No Joe, he can't just come in our house and demand to see you." Luke's eyes never left Harry's. "After the stunt, you pulled, I should smash your pretty little face in."

"Luke!" My mum intervened. "Whatever happened between your sister and Mr Styles, I think should be shorted by them. Come, Luke." She motioned for him to follow her.

Luke scoffed but released Harry saying, "You hurt my sister and I'll hospitalize you myself." And with that, he followed mum up the stairs. 

I sat up on the sofa with my legs hanging over the edge as Harry approached me. "Whatever you're doing here, I-"

"Hear me out yeah?" He knelt on the floor before me and placed his hands on my knees. I have to admit I felt some type of static with his touch. "That girl I was seen with, she's not who you think-"

"Harry-"

"No, listen." I tried so fucking hard not to looking into those green eyes, but I failed and ended up not only looking but staring into his orbs. "Joe, I hired a secret detective and that's who I was with. She told me she had some disturbing information regarding the night we shared together."

Okay, maybe he had my attention.

"What? so you weren't--you didn't-"

Harry laughs then leans in until our foreheads are touching and he stands between my legs with his hands taking my face in his grasp. "No, Joe. I didn't go out with another woman, I wouldn't do that to you."

"But Harry, we're not-"

"I know, but I want to change that." He placed his lips on my right cheek and gave me a quick peck. "I want to get to know you, I would never jeopardise my chances with you, love."

I closed my eyes briefly then reopened them with a smile spreading across my face. I had the urge to fucking kiss him but Harry beats me to it by demolishing the space between our lips.

My hands find their place in his short hair and I tug at his roots earning a groan from him, while Harry moves his lips with mine. It feels so amazing, not just how he kisses me so passionately but the feeling of his lips against my own, there's something so familiar with it. 

But all too soon, he pulls away saying, "I didn't intend to do that, I know friends don't-"

"Shut up and kiss me." I chuckle smashing my lips against his again.

However, this time our kiss is interrupted by Harry's phone, pulling away he stands up and takes his phone from his pocket then looks at the screen. "It's a message from Karren, she says to meet her at my place. Apparently, she found out some disturbing information regarding your uncle."

I attempt to stand up from the sofa but I guess my body is still recovering from the poison and my vision goes blurry.

Harry places his arms around my waist to help me, "You alright babe?" 

My cheeks automatically heat up with the word babe.

Clearing my throat I hold onto his shirt and reply with, "I just feel a little weak but I'm fine."

"Let's go then-" 

Just as we turn around to walk towards the front door, two people stand in our way.

Mum has her arms crossed and Luke has placed on his hips with a frown on his face.

My mother then says something which takes me completely off guard. "Mr Styles, take care of my little baby."

"What?" Both Luke and I say at the same time. 

Mum chuckles, "And Joe, I want grandchildren, since your brother refuses to give me any-" I literally can hear Harry's smirk. "-it's up to you."

"Mum!" I hide my head in Harry's chest, I feel it vibrate when he softly laughs. 

"Thank you, Mrs Hemmings, but Joe and I aren't together, yet." When Harry says yet, he gently squeezes my side. "But don't worry, I'll protect her with my life. You have my word." 

My mum nods her head and walks over the front door but before she opens it, a smirk creeps on her face. Her hand grips the handle and the door opens. 

Harry helps me out of the house, his hands never leaving my body. We make it down the steps but my mother's voice causes us to stop. "Don't use protection!" 

"Oh my god," I mutter, once again my cheeks flush and I feel utterly embarrassed. "Really mum!?"

"Yes really! Now go and make me some grandchildren!" 

Harry chuckles and leads me to a black Lamborghini parked on the sidewalk. "Your mother is something," he remarks opening the door.

"What the fuck Harry? You have a Lamborghini!" My mouth has literally dropped to the ground. He's acting like this car is nothing, meanwhile, I'm having a fucking heart attack.

"Actually I have three of these babies," He says, helping me into this castle, I mean car. "Don't look so surprised love, I tend of giving one to my mum and sister." 

It only just occurs to me, I know nothing about this man. 

"My sister loves these cars so I bought her one." Harry buckles me in and slides into the seat next to me. "Robert my house," he instructs the driver. 

"You're not going to drive?"

"Nope, I'd like to use this time to my advantage." I'm about to ask what he means, but Harry turns his head then leans in and kisses my cheek. "What I said to your mum, I mean it Joe. I'll protect you with my life if I have too." His hand lands on my thigh. "I'm sorry I hurt you before and you're not useless, I'm sorry for saying hurtful things." 

"Harry-"

"I promise you, we're going to find out what happened between us and why I tattooed your flawless skin." I honestly am speechless. "Together, we're going discover why your Uncle was involved that night and what he's up too." Harry reaches up and tucks a strand of blonde hair behind my ear. "You just have to trust me." 

Should I trust him?

-

A/N: That's a very good question.

Should Joe trust Harry? I mean, he has hurt her in the past.