No Control.

Pre A/N

Only a few chapters remaining *cries* 

But I'd like to thank you guys for reading this book <3

.

penitence:(noun)

the action of feeling or showing sorrow and regret for having done wrong; repentance. "a public display of penitence." -synonyms: repentance, contrition, compunction, regret, remorse, remorsefulness, ruefulness, pangs of conscience, self-reproach, contriteness, self-accusation, shame, sorrow, guilt. "the writer prays to God in penitence."

.

"Unexplainable the love that only we could understand, yeah. I know there's nothing I can do to change it, but this is something that could be negotiated. My heart's already breaking baby go on twist the knife." 

Song: Love you goodbye

Artist: One Direction

.

...Two Months Later...

Joe

I've been avoiding Harry for the last two months, and it's been completely and utterly dreadful. I miss his kisses, I miss the way his lips feel against my own, I miss how he would tell me he loves me, I miss waking up with him by my side.

But it's my fault because I told him I needed some time alone with mum and Luke. Although it was a lie, well, kind of, I just needed to rethink my life.

Apart from being permanently marked with these tattoos, everything seems to be going back to normal. There's been no sign of Henry, I've seen Zayn a few times and Billy, but I haven't spoken to either of them.

Last week, mum decided to go back home, she said since Henry hasn't attempted to hurt us it'll be fine at home. She acts like everything is peachy, that everything is back to normal when it isn't. 

This isn't some kind of Fan fiction you can read about on sites like Fanfiction.net or Wattpad. It's real life and in real life, there are no such things as happy endings.

Luke walks into my room with a frown on his face.

I lift myself off the bed and sit on the end of it, "What's wrong?"

"I'm concerned about mum," This is the first time he's actually really spoken to me since mum told us she's dying. He sits beside me and brushes his hands through his hair.

I tilt my head at him saying, "Why? She's been cheerful."

"That's just it Joe, she's too happy," I see Luke has noticed it as well. Mum's been acting like nothing is happening. "You've noticed too?"

"Yeah," I nod my head in agreement. "Maybe she's just happy because Henry hasn't-"

"No, it's not that!" Luke's voice is suddenly filled with anger, he gets off my bed and looks over his shoulder. "I don't understand how she can act so happy, she's dying for fuck sake!"

"Luke!" I stand up, pushing myself towards him. "Don't talk like that,"

"It's true," He brings his bottom lip between his lip and bites it. "It's true Joe, she's dying." I walk over to him as the first tear slips from his eyes and rolls down his cheek. "She's dying, we've already lost dad and now we're going to lose her too."